• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Who is a good M1A/M14 gunsmith?? Help please..

DedicatedShooter

Air Winger
Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 1, 2010
NoVA
Just as the title states, I would like to know a few good M1A gunsmiths who would work on my rifle. I picked up a "loaded" M1A that was gently used for $1300. I would like to have everything refinished, torqued to spec, etc. as well as a McMillan stock installed and bedded.

Anyone have any experience with any gunsmiths? if not, who have you heard of that's good?

I live in Ohio, so considering Camp Perry is only 3 hours from my house I would think that some decent M1A 'smiths are nearby. Thanks a lot for the help!

Re: Who is a good M1A/M14 gunsmith?? Help please..

Arrington Accuracy Works. The guy is out of Arizona,so you can help fight against liberal boycotts. If camp Perry is even an option he is well know there. The man works on M1,M1A,M16 all for match rifle. I would strongly recommend him and his shop.

Heart Mountain Precision Machining

Dave Ferrante
870 Road 19
Powell, WY 82435

307-754-1555

eMail: [email protected]

This guy is the jedi master of m1a IMHO. He is a hell of a guy to talk to about cars and old harleys too. He has done an M1A for me and 3-4 for my father along with 2 rem 700 /m40 clones, an M1 garand, and an 03a3. The guy is a high master shooter with the m1a also. Cool old devil dog.

Hook Bowden in Georgia ..... there is nothing that man cant do to an M1A or a Garand.

Ive heard that he will sit there and talk to you and stare at you the whole time he is taking apart a trigger group piece by piece then put it all back together and never look at it.

Hook in Georgia is the United States' authoritative M1, M1A, and M14 gunsmith, period. He is in the USAMU Hall of Fame for his work on National Match and M21 Sniper rifles. Hook Boutin (770) 537-5879. 968 Old Bushmill Rd Bremen, GA 30110.

Geoff Corn is probably the closest to you (812-749-6416, Oakland City, IN). He often works on the Navy Rifle Team van at the Atlantic Fleet and All-Navy East rifle championships.

Isaac (Mac) McCaskill (1979 Lake Elliott Rd., Cassatt, South Carolina 29032. USA. (803) 713-8762) is a retired Double Distinguished Marine armorer who also helps man the Navy van.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Finris</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Arrington Accuracy Works. The guy is out of Arizona,so you can help fight against liberal boycotts. If camp Perry is even an option he is well know there. The man works on M1,M1A,M16 all for match rifle. I would strongly recommend him and his shop. </div></div>

+1