• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Sidearms & Scatterguns Who is a recommended HK gunsmith?

If you are pretty good at repairs, you can get it done yourself, just need a custom set of pliers in addition to the regular tools.
However if you are paying somebody to do it, you may find it about the same or cheaper to sell the one you have and buy another with the LEM trigger from the factory.

Reactions: Bender
Bender,

I'm having him work on my VP9 right now.

I'm not sure what the LEM will cost but once he's done with the VP9 I'm sending him my P30 to have the MRAP package done.

Also, check HK pro reference library. This is something that is very straightforward. The hardest part is the trs spring but with the pliers from hkparts you’re set. From open to close in 30 min or less

Also, check HK pro reference library. This is something that is very straightforward. The hardest part is the trs spring but with the pliers from hkparts you’re set. From open to close in 30 min or less
Where do I find the kit? How much?

go To the HKpro reference library. Find the tutorial and they’ll have the parts needed listed, including the part number. Call HK customer service with those part numbers and order direct and you’ll save a good amount.

Or check hkparts and pay double to triple to have them package it (though they ship fast) or check gunbroker (will also pay more too)

Correction*

Kits are sold out. So they’ll have to be purchased secondarly for a huge markup. HK USA will have them back in early fall

Save your money. LEM is the worst trigger on the planet. I had a p30 and a hk45c with light lem and they were trash. 9 mile long take up and unpredictable break. Your Ave no idea when it will fire. As bad as the HK da/sa v1 configuration is, it's still much better than LEM. Sell the p30 and get a vp9. HK quality with one of the best triggers in the market. Best handgun on the market IMO. My Glocks Sig's and Smith's collect dust now.

Save your money. LEM is the worst trigger on the planet. I had a p30 and a hk45c with light lem and they were trash. 9 mile long take up and unpredictable break. Your Ave no idea when it will fire. As bad as the HK da/sa v1 configuration is, it's still much better than LEM. Sell the p30 and get a vp9. HK quality with one of the best triggers in the market. Best handgun on the market IMO. My Glocks Sig's and Smith's collect dust now.

I love my LEM V1 triggers. To each their own, but I think the LEM trigger is a great carry gun trigger. If I wanted to shoot a bunch of steel real fast, I might go a different direction though. OP, what is the primary use for your P30?

Have played around with various trigger setups on my HKs... Spend the $15 or whatever on the pliers and do it yourself.
(Don't absolutely need the pliers either, just makes it much easier).

FWIW, my P30L has been sitting in my safe ever since I picked up my VP9. Some like the LEM/Light-LEM, however I too agree the trigger on the VP9 is significantly better.

LAZY WOLF GUNS, they will work wonders. I would recommend doing an LEM trigger. They are awesome!

I just went through this with my LEM search and you should know HK will not warrantee your pistol if you have it
converted to LEM. It makes more sense to just get a factory LEM IMO especially considering the considerable cost
as the kit is $100 or so and the gunsmithing another $100. makes no sense to me to have your standard P30
converted, if you don't care about that march on sir.......