• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Who is considered the best to chamber a barrel in 6.5 Creedmoor

bbush

Private
Minuteman
Aug 23, 2009
I am about to order a barrel in 6.5 Creedmoor for a project that I have been working off and on for the last few months. I see that Compass Lake Engineering, Precision Firearms, and Craddock Precision all will be approximately the same cost (give or take a few dollars) to chamber the barrel. If you had a choice, which would you choose and why. Is either of the three considered better than the other two? Thanks for any responses.

Kelblys did a fine job on the Bartlien barrel i sent them and quick turnround as well.
Disregard, didnt realize this was in the semi forum.
Maybe i should start drinking coffee 😪

Last edited:
No experience to offer with Compass Lake, but my 20” Keystone Krieger is a hammer, just slightly edging out a Bartlein CM 22”. Not by much, but Krieger is solid from cold bore on.

All three are solid options and I wouldn’t consider any better. I’ve had barrels from all three of them and they’ve been stupid accurate. I’d probably go Craddock again over the other two simply because the most accurate AR I’ve ever owned or seen had one of his barrels and it shot like a bench rest bolt gun. He also indexes all of his barrels himself and machines them on a traditional lathe. Not sure how CLE or PF does there’s but a lot of shops are running CNC these days, which there’s also absolutely nothing wrong with.