• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing who is the best smith in south central Pennsylvania??

hunter1959

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 16, 2020
since Bill Moyer retired, I don't have the best smith available, that I am aware of..... can someone who has dealt with several perhaps, suggest to me who the best is in the south central area? using Carlisle as the center, looking at a range of 50 or so miles... thanks in advance guys

I've used Kevin Cram at Montour County Rifles, he is in Danville, PA. I was very pleased with his work.

I made the mistake of taking a pistol to a new shop. To try and support small business I let them fit and blend a magwell to a 1911. Was bad. They wanted a chance to make it right, so I took it back. I hate it now. $3500+ paperweight.

Borden Rifles is certainly capable, I'm not sure if they still do builds or just manufacture actions but they can certainly point you on the right direction. Pennsylvania is about home base to everything gunsmithing. Many good smiths in this thread. Hart is great, Kevin Cram, Bob Green. Pennsylvania is to gunsmithing what Wisconsin is to barrel making.

Dave Bruno in Dayton PA. Outstanding work. Built me many custom rifles.

since Bill Moyer retired, I don't have the best smith available, that I am aware of..... can someone who has dealt with several perhaps, suggest to me who the best is in the south central area? using Carlisle as the center, looking at a range of 50 or so miles... thanks in advance guys

Last edited: