• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos Who made this target?

MTRecon

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
  • Nov 10, 2017
    Lewistown, Montana
    20201215_083051-1-1.jpg

This auto reset target showed up at our range mounted on a T post. Works great!

Searched all over trying to figure out who makes or sells it.

Anyone recognize it?

Thanks for the info everyone...I saw the Grizzly version but it comes attached to a stake instead of slipping over a T post. The plate attachment design is also different.

The Grizzly would most likely would work just as well except when the ground is frozen. May end up having to go with it anyway.

for targets that don't swing or agle down, like this,
    what happens to the projectiles after they hit?

Reactions: wh20crazy
    Welds are already starting to crack on the backside of the plate. Probably won’t take much more blasting anyway before it falls off. Square tubing that slips over the t-post doesn’t match the rest in fit and finish either. I’m betting someone welded the square stock on it to use like this.

Reactions: Mike Casselton
    Rooster was right...what little welding that was done didn't last but 200 rounds or so before the plate broke off.

Bought the Grizzly version of this to test and their welding is significant and should last a long time.

Reactions: roostercogburn98
    Your right Bill...it had a one inch weld or so on the inside of each leg...the Grizzly is welded all the way around and with a sizable bead I guess you would call it...surely no commercial target maker created this thing...it was great until it broke though...a range guy is going to reweld it and go from there...

Your right Bill...it had a one inch weld or so on the inside of each leg...the Grizzly is welded all the way around and with a sizable bead I guess you would call it...surely no commercial target maker created this thing...it was great until it broke though...a range guy is going to reweld it and go from there...
    Excess heat on ar500 will make it brittle. It might start to chip and do nasty things with impacts and ricochets.