• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

who makes a 12" 308 upper or full rifle?

PWS makes a piston driven 308 rifle. CMMG sells and upper. Aero Precision might be another option.

Reactions: Arevalosocom
Might be easier and cheaper to buy the parts and assemble yourself or even get a gunsmith to do it if you'd rather not. Not many options if any for a 12" +/- 1" on a 308 upper. Do you have a SBR lower or making a pistol?

I've built just one 12.5" .308 "pistol" for a customer, using his receiver set:

IMG_5222.JPG

IMG_5223.jpg

Although I've built my share of SBR's in 5.56mm, 6.8 SPC, and .300 BLK, this was my first ... and only ... 12.5" .308. But, it worked much like all the rest, just with lots more recoil! I put about a hundred rounds through it. The only issue encountered was it would not run reliably with the Lancer .308 magazines that the customer wanted to use. It ran 100% with both LaRue and Magpul mags. That lot of Lancer mags was recalled, BTW.

I've built a couple of 14.5" .308 rifles in the last year utilizing Bartlein barrel blanks. This left me with two "drops" long enough to make two 12.5" barrels. One I've already had made into a complete barrel with a BAT barrel extension and a mid-length gas system. I doubt there has ever been a higher quality 12.5" .308 barrel made.

I'd be willing to sell this barrel - or build whatever you like.

I was thinking of using the Ranier Arms 12.5" ultra match 308 bbl for a receiver set I form 1'd. POF, PWS, Sig, Noveske, soon hopefully LWRC, all make 12.5" 308. Bushmaster might. Scar 17 13" would be sweet. You might be better off buying a receiver set, not all 308 uppers like to play together.

Scott