• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Who makes a highend, quality , portable shooting bench??

Kubitza123

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 15, 2012
Central Texas near Waco
Before I spend several hundred building my own I'm checking to see if anyone builds a highend quality shooting bench that's portable . Looking for something rock solid once setup with virtually no movement . My brother will be shooting his BR gun off it as well with a rest is why I'm looking for a very solid , sturdy built rig.

Only one I find that impresses me is a Range Bandit but its cost $$$$$$ is only thing keeping me from buying it.

Here's a pic of it off the website.

Can be bought without the rest etc built in it. Top is fully weather proof I believe out of Polypropylene .

If you have the skills just build your own. It's retarded how much things cost for minimal supplies. I spent $1000 on a freaking router table. After I brought it home and assembled it I promised myself not to do anything stupid like that again.

I had one built for longer range benchrest stuff (Cockcroft's stuff) to use here in North Texas at a couple of the ranges that we shoot that do not have those nice concrete benches that Mike has. I'll see if I can find some pictures and if I can't I'll take some this weekend because we have a match at Spanish Fort and I'll have it out for that. It's the best non-concrete bench I've shot off of.

I have a homemade one also, folding legs, got instructions off of 6mmbr.com for build. I can't find the legs anymore, came from Rockler or woodworkers supply, but you could find a suitable replacement. Pm your email if you want pics.
Worked like a champ in a prairie dog town this summer, beats laying in friggin cactus!

Strong recommendation for D.O.A. I have heavy duty base (now standard) and large and small tops. Just stays in the back of my SUV and setup takes a minute. Its a real stable bench for when you need a bench. Also business is vet owned: great guys.

Last edited:
I built mine with a 1.5" butcher block top and 2" 14 gauge legs. It all folds up and it is as solid as can be. I'll get some pictures tonight

After seeing some of these I might see if the wife would prefer to shoot off a bench rather than the ground. It would make a good project building one out in the garage this winter.

I had an Armour bench from many a years ago that finally gave up the ghost. The angled legs and braces were still good and the key to a great bench. I had someone build me a new top that i 1/3 larger than the original and two 3/4 inch marine plywood glued together. Cost me about $250 and worth it. It is not so portable anymore as the weight is a little rough but I fire a heavy big bore off of it. It gives me lots of room for necessary support equipment as well.

Do not build a table with non=angled legs.

I have the Caldwell one, while it works good the plastic top moves a bit. It would benefit from a wood top. They do make one with a wood top as far as I know.

I have 2 of the DOA's and one of the Stukey's. Both brands are top notch. Prefer the swivel feature of the DOA's for prairie dogs & keep the Stukey set up in the garage & just pull it outside to shoot on our farm. Both are rock solid but portable.

I was going to suggest the shooterest but it looks like the website is gone. Shame too. I always meant to buy one. I used a friends once and absolutely loved it.

I was going to suggest the shooterest but it looks like the website is gone. Shame too. I always meant to buy one. I used a friends once and absolutely loved it.

3c63b13b6ad808f1d1da7e024018d60a.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I bought a set of folding table replacement legs at Lowes for $29. A half sheet (4x4ft) of premium plywood for around $35 (I think?) and some screws. Made the cuts and screwed it all together. Easy fun project and works great. Made it so it slides right in to a tiny Toyota Tacoma truck bed.