• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Who makes custom gun leather?

redneckbmxer24

Four Star General
Minuteman
  • Jan 15, 2005
    Gulf Coast, FL
    I just recently got a ruger super blackhawk 4 5/8" revolver and can't find the type of holster I want for it. The only holsters readily available for it is a bianchi leather belt holster and some cheesy nylon options. I've found some shoulder holsters as well but that's not what I'm looking for.

I want a bandoleer type leather holster for easy on and off. Prefferably custom leather and it must be great quality because it will be carried around a farm every weekend as well as used during hunting season. I don't have the first clue about custom leather makers or where to look for this sort of thing. If anybody has recommendations they would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Who makes custom gun leather?

Roger that Lazlo, give Don a call at El Paso Saddlery . He makes some excellent rigs. I have had him build me 3 different complete rigs. 2 of them are all out customs, engraved , custom leather work and die jobs along with custom pistol belts to match the rig. For a revolver look at his Tom Three Persons rig. He will also build off of your design. Well worth the funds!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EddieNFL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://www.mernickleholsters.com/sh/sh7b.html </div></div>
    i;ve had him build me several everything from a cross draw for a desert eagle to revolver and a speed holster for a CZ SP01

Thanks guys, I have a few calls to make tomorrow.

A friend also recommended coshise leather which has exactly what I'm looking for on their site. I plan to call all three companies to ask some questions.

Galco has a shoulder sling like holster that fits the bill and you don't have to go custom and the leather is great and that is how I carry my Ruger during hunting season and a feild.

http://www.dmbullardleather.com/

Dual Carry for a HK P2000sk
    20091023-_MG_3798.jpg

20091023-_MG_3801.jpg

Here's a few pics of my El Paso rig on a Freedom Arms 475 Linebaugh.

Specs:
    -Tom Threeperson's Crossdraw w/strap, border stamping
    -Suede lined river belt with basket stamping, brass buckle, color: russet
    -6rnd slide for 475LB, border stamping

Pistol is a FA Premier Grade Model 83 475LB with 6"bbl, with micarta grips.

475-1_zps88411542.jpeg

475-2_zps931007e7.jpeg

475-3_zps94b33bf9.jpeg

475-4_zps82a9b92e.jpeg

475-5_zps4a26ba6b.jpeg

475-6_zps66992bdc.jpeg

I use Lobo gunleather for all of my leather needs.

And Lazlo, that is an AWESOME looking rig!

Might give ROSS LEATHERS a try. They did me up some the past couple of months and they are VERY nice.

Matt (LEO SOUTH GA.)

I understand this might not be the thread to post this, considering the op is looking for a revolver holster. But these people make a qaulity rig. I came accross them in 01 or so, selling on gun broker, turns out they were the makers of a couple of Wilson Combat holsters, mag pouches and belts, and were selling seconds, not sure if they still do. Logo was messed up or something, got a sharkskin belt, holster, mag pouches for around $140.00 total, those days are behind us!
    Three years ago I purchased a burgany elephant rig from them, nice, haven't used it yet.
    Here's a link,

http://raftersgunleather.com/index.htm