• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Who makes Ghillie suits?

kentactic

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 26, 2010
Southern, CA
i recall talking with a gentlemen on here that makes ghillie suits but i forgot his name... who he be?.. come forward sir and claim your prize..... lol

Re: Who makes Ghillie suits?

well how can i contact this shay... the guy i spoke with makes them for around 200 bucks i think... had his own website for them...

top of the page, user list, shay, send pm. he is waiting but he is away from a pc. use a PM to contact him. he will reply via pm with his phone

ok yeah it was shay i wanted to take a closer look at his page... i found it thanks

does tacticalconcealment is still in the game?
I bought several items from him, but it seems he does not answer to his emails anymore

I believe Zac is still around. I haven't heard from him in a while though. You could call Tac Con if you have any questions.

shay makes good suits and could probably use the money.

i have a ton of stuff from tactial concealment and would reccomend them to anyone. i have both hoods and their full ghille, and two boonie hats

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 308zone</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sierrawhiskey makes a great suit.... </div></div>

+1. You can't beat him. Great guy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sumpter Steve</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 308zone</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sierrawhiskey makes a great suit.... </div></div>

+1. You can't beat him. Great guy. </div></div>

3rd.

If you want a chewbacca suit hiring the work out can be cost effective. I think 200 dollars for camoflague is a bit steep but that suit is very labor intensive so unless you can get a chinese citizen to make it it will cost.

I've found a cape serves as well as a full cover suit IF you learn to use terrain. Artifical versions of nature come in a distant second to the real stuff. I'd only cover half the cape with burlap. Using differing shapes, bowties, ribbons and the more traditional frayed puffs works better than just one type. Spray paint quickly changes the season. Dying takes too long. Always have a way to attach natural vegetation as it is the best form of camoflague.

Sometimes a set of chaps with boot covers help but they can snag easier and be a pain. Spray painted or the new AF boots are great.

Develop your inner ninja, its a skill set worth having. (I hear Zombies are fooled by them)

Make your own.

There are lots of youtube videos and online guides, and it's actually fun.

You should be able to do it, if you use an old set of BDUs or a cheap flight suit, and surplus netting and burlap, for about $100, and a little more if you use the commercial garnish.

It IS time consuming, but your results will be better than anything you can buy.

Quick tip: use natural burlap and mix Rit die with water in a spray bottle for color. The burlap will take the die easily and it's cheaper and looks more natural than spray paint.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: magnum_99</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Make your own.

There are lots of youtube videos and online guides, and it's actually fun.

You should be able to do it, if you use an old set of BDUs or a cheap flight suit, and surplus netting and burlap, for about $100, and a little more if you use the commercial garnish.

It IS time consuming, but your results will be better than anything you can buy.

Quick tip: use natural burlap and mix Rit die with water in a spray bottle for color. The burlap will take the die easily and it's cheaper and looks more natural than spray paint. </div></div>

Where can I find burlap and Rit die?

Burlap, anywhere, walmart, fabric stores. Rit dye, don't use it. Get dye from tac con... you can even egt jute from tac con.

I have several suits I made myself, but they take time. But if you want to just tie jute yourself buy a base. Tactical Concealment make good stuff; I have a Cobra Hood and like it a lot. Its works well if used properly.

I had severe problems getting spray on rit dyes to change a dark green to a fall light tan. The result often ends up a dull grey.

Flat spray paint is far superior in both coverage, ease of application and lack of shine. I've changed my base camo right in the field as the terrain went from dark green brush to bright brown grass. cant stop and redye. If you rely soley on artifical camoflague your starting off behind the curb.

Suits are fun to build, a witch to use and without sneaky Pete skills useless. That said more than one sneakster has gone sans chewbacca suit and done quite well.

Good Luck

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: evilmonkey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have several suits I made myself, but they take time. But if you want to just tie jute yourself buy a base. Tactical Concealment make good stuff; I have a Cobra Hood and like it a lot. Its works well if used properly. </div></div>

exactly, but I do not receive any answer to my emails

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: allocine</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: evilmonkey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have several suits I made myself, but they take time. But if you want to just tie jute yourself buy a base. Tactical Concealment make good stuff; I have a Cobra Hood and like it a lot. Its works well if used properly. </div></div>

exactly, but I do not receive any answer to my emails </div></div>

something is definitely up with tactical concealment, i've heard this from around 5 people so far in the past couple months

Call Cape Concealment Specialties 6096282562. Best I ever seen. Terrain specific builds. Mostly USMC influenced w a little modern day.