• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Who makes the best Rings ?

Re: Who makes the best Rings ?

Seekins are the best warne are total crap i have never had a set that the scope did not move in.

Lord of the rings was the best,But that F-ing Proto put a stop to that..

Seekings,NF ,mark4 Or LARUE if they work for you..

I will not use BADGER rings.

Badger Ordnance, Seekins or Nightforce will work.

Don't know if they are the best but Seekins are top of the pile in my book.
Fit, finish and ease of use best all that I have used.

I'll vote for Seekins, but then I'm going shooting with him tomorow, so take it for what it's worth. Good stuff regardless.

Rory

Seekins, Nightforce, Badger, and TSR have all worked perfectly for me. TSR are about half the price of the others.

Badgers, 4 rifles and they always hold true and I've never had to do any work i.e. lapping to them, i've used them at home and overseas

I've had good results using Badger Ordnance on my rifles. Seems like high end equipment is a lot like a woman; to each his own.

I've used Burris XTR, NF and now American Rifle. Burris' have worked well for me, but the new offering by American Rifle is pretty darn slick. For a heavy recoiling rifle I would not hesitate to put them on there.

I did a review on them (found here), for the added cost over Near or NF rings they make sense when you consider the added features. I don't own the NF's any more, just too expensive for what I felt the value was.

"Best" is hard to quantify.

All I know is what I like. For AR's, it's LaRue. For all others I like Seekins. Although NF and Badger are fine too.

For your purpose, Badger makes a set of rings called MAX-50s designed for 50BMG, so should be more than enough.

I put a set of Burris heavy tactical medium rings on my serbu. I'll post up when I get to shoot it again and how they hold up which should be just fine since I have not had any issues with them on any of my other rifles.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I will not use BADGER rings.</div></div>

care to expand ASM1?

I have never had anything but good results from badger-short story, i was at a long range match when my shootin pardner waved me over(shootin at 900 yard line) and his scope base was loose, called over block officials and armorer, they pulled the scope off with rings on(badgers), loctited and tightened the base back down, put the scope in its rings back on and the armorer using a torque wrench of ten thousand foot pounds snapped the foot off one ring. So then they took it to the armorer trailer, took the rings off and replaced with a new set(same badger, model and height), and remounted the set up. My buddy only had a few mins left in the record fire time so went with it. First round........10 ring and same zero as before the whole gaggle started. I'm sold on Badgers

I've been very happy with my Seekins. I just ordered a S&B for my Rem 700 and I chose to get the Seekins 34mm rings over the Badger. Not that I have anything against the badgers at all, but I prefer the Seekins rail Torx screws over the usual 1/2 bolt. That way I can use the same torque screw to tighten both the rings and the base. Plus I think its a bit more sleek design than the big bolt sticking out.

Whatever name brand listed above that you can find in stock. Like seekins myself but any high end ring will work.

This is my Choice:
Badger Ordnance 30mm USMC Medium (1.031") Rings.
These work perfect on a 50mm Optic, 20MOA base, MTU contour bbl.

BadgerUSMCDMRRings.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boomfab</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The best? Near Mfg. </div></div>
Yep, without a doubt.

Near Mfg. is the benchmark for all scope mounting, and customer service! I am not trying to put down any of the other fine companys though, Near is just better.

any of these top name brand manufacturer will have great rings; Leupold, Seekins, Badger, Near, Nightforce, Larue etc..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: titus7</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What about Larue? </div></div>
They make good shit too.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 757Fixer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Near Alphamount on Near base FTW! </div></div>
Exactly what I have too. Richard's Alpha Mount qualifies as a work of art as well as a mount.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nobbie333</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> "tac****l rifles reference" </div></div>
Those guys arent talked about on this site, you should delete your post. Just a heads up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jbell</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Near Mfg. is the benchmark for all scope mounting, and customer service! I am not trying to put down any of the other fine companys though, Near is just better. </div></div>

Do they make only SS,or alloy also?

What I don't like about the USO rings is that they're adjustable for windage. This is fine for a permanent mount but makes it a PITA on a rig where you may use other optics such as an AR platform where say you sometimes shoot long range and others you may use an EOTech or other short range tactical optic.

I bought some USO rings and was installing my SN3 to a LRT SASS last night and realized this. Given that I use different optics on this platform, rings that don't return to zero are worthless. They're well made rings but they're limited in application due to this feature.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BattleAxe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What I don't like about the USO rings is that they're adjustable for windage. This is fine for a permanent mount but makes it a PITA on a rig where you may use other optics such as an AR platform where say you sometimes shoot long range and others you may use an EOTech or other short range tactical optic.

I bought some USO rings and was installing my SN3 to a LRT SASS last night and realized this. Given that I use different optics on this platform, rings that don't return to zero are worthless. They're well made rings but they're limited in application due to this feature.</div></div>
The USO rings are doing exactly what they are supposed to do. Since you are using multiple optics on one rifle and taking them off and then on again, might I suggest using a quick release optic mount that WILL return to zero when removed and then remounted. Lowlight seems to prefere GDI mounts if one is to use multiple optics on one rifle (as backup)and still be on zero for each optic. Just a suggestion..........
........................SmokeRolls

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TheSmokeRolls</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The USO rings are doing exactly what they are supposed to do. Since you are using multiple optics on one rifle and taking them off and then on again, might I suggest using a quick release optic mount that WILL return to zero when removed and then remounted. Lowlight seems to prefere GDI mounts if one is to use multiple optics on one rifle (as backup)and still be on zero for each optic. Just a suggestion..........
........................SmokeRolls </div></div>
Yes, I figured that out. I didn't realize the implications when I bought them.

I have the same gun as Ids4mysanity. Dumb question but I will
still ask. The Savage BA 110 338 lapua has a real nice 20moa
base/rail that is made out of aluminum. I have a set of Steel
badger rings, and a set of aluminum Weaver tactical (the same
set that was used on the Savage 338 lapua for testing featured in the American Rifle Magazine) Also have a set of Steel Warne
tactical to use. Any reason not to put steel rings on a aluminum
base or is it best to stick with aluminum on aluminum. I pefer metal on metal but just a mental thing. Any thoughts ? Suggestions?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mrhaymaker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have the same gun as Ids4mysanity. Dumb question but I will
still ask. The Savage BA 110 338 lapua has a real nice 20moa
base/rail that is made out of aluminum. I have a set of Steel
badger rings, and a set of aluminum Weaver tactical (the same
set that was used on the Savage 338 lapua for testing featured in the American Rifle Magazine) Also have a set of Steel Warne
tactical to use. Any reason not to put steel rings on a aluminum
base or is it best to stick with aluminum on aluminum. I pefer metal on metal but just a mental thing. Any thoughts ? Suggestions?</div></div>
Of the three you meantioned I would pick the Badger rings because I am very familiar with them, it's hard to knock Badger, they make some fine near bullet-proof stuff. I am unfamiliar with the Warne or weaver tactical, can't comment on those. It doesn't matter when you match steel and aluminum on base and rings. Most things are coated with a protective coating anyway. Just use the best rings and base you can afford and torque accordingly and use locktite where you need to and you should be just fine. I use locktight on the base but I have found that on really good rings I never need to add any locktite. Everything performs perfectly as long as I do my part.
............................SmokeRolls

Sorry for off-post question and I really don't want to kick up a snit storm, but what is the deal with "tac***l rifles"?.
Unfortunately, <span style="font-style: italic">tac***l rifles</span> is so generic that the
Google SH search engine is a little labyrinthine.

BTW, TPS makes great stuff at a very reasonable price.

thx, t