• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Who makes the lowest rings?

jdgray

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 17, 2009
SW, MI.
I'm using Warne Maxima 30mm low rings(.250") on my Farrell 0 moa base(kinda tall), and will be installing a 40mm scope. My 50mm objective already has plenty of room. I need shorter rings or a shorter base, would rather go with the rings....
Thanks for any info!

I should add, I do have an adjustable cheek riser, and my sight height is 2"(center of scope to center of bore)

Last edited:
Look at TPS. They offer super low 0.820". Don't let people tell you they're junk. They work just fine...

Last edited:
Just about all the quality rings are .82. The only ones I know of that are lower are the ARC rings .79. The lowest one piece picatinny rail is going to be warne tactical, and not by much. This combo will still leave quite a gap between the bell and barrel on a 40mm scope. If you want to go lower, you will have to go with a two piece base, or something like Talley one piece ring base combo.

Maybe Badger or Seekins? Seekins makes a .82 30mm set, and as noted above, BO makes an .823 set.

Are these measurements from the bottom of scope to the top of base? Mine is .250" with the Warne rings. Some are measured center of scope to top of base, where .840" would be the same as my Warne Maxima(.250" actual clearance)

I received and installed the Farrell rings, very high quality! 30mm, low, steel, marked front and rear, serial#s, wow!! My scope is now only .072" off the rail using the feelers gauges to level, very easy install. Don't think I can get the scope any lower, just looks high being a 40mm objective with a 30mm tube.