• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Who makes the Rem 6.8 light tactical rifle stock

Tactical one

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 29, 2008
Central, USA
Stock is an ADL, gray with black fleck, 3 sling mounts, aluminum bedding block. Came on the remington 700 6.8 light tactical rifle. Can't find one like it or who made it. Can anyone help? It also has the sporter barrel contour.

Re: Who makes the Rem 6.8 light tactical rifle stock

HS Precision does the LTR stocks

I think it was a B&C, never seen an R3 pad on a HS.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TMK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think it was a B&C, never seen an R3 pad on a HS. </div></div>

http://www.remingtonle.com/rifles/700p.htm

Ever see a P or LTR?

aer3sz.jpg

This is what it looks like

huh.....not what I thought it was. You sure it's a "light tactical rifle" aka "LTR"?

Its a Bell and Carlson it is the same stock they put on the now discontinued SS 700 LVT lite varminter. I've only ever seen this rifle in 6.8. I have the same stock on a 260 as a walk around varminter and love it, its not a MCM but it works great.

Re: Who makes the Rem 6.8 light tactical rifle sto

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pointblank4445</div><div class="ubbcode-body">huh.....not what I thought it was. You sure it's a "light tactical rifle" aka "LTR"? </div></div>

Thats what it says on the box. Numbers match. I was thinking the same thing you were.

That is NOT an LTR! Maybe someone rebuilt an LTR to be what you have there???

Edited to say: I re-read your OP and now I'd say it's DEFINITELY something built around an LTR action. Nice lookin' Stick. How's it shoot?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oneshot onekill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is NOT an LTR! Maybe someone rebuilt an LTR to be what you have there???

Edited to say: I re-read your OP and now I'd say it's DEFINITELY something built around an LTR action. Nice lookin' Stick. How's it shoot? </div></div>

k9i7pl.jpg

Your right the box just says tactical. I through in the light part because it is. 6.8 and it shoots great.

Ahh... That makes sense. Probably just a variation of the 700 I'm just not familiar with. Not surprising. Again, Nice lookin"!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tactical too</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
aer3sz.jpg

This is what it looks like </div></div>

That sure is a nice looking rifle!
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pointblank4445</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TMK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think it was a B&C, never seen an R3 pad on a HS. </div></div>

http://www.remingtonle.com/rifles/700p.htm

Ever see a P or LTR? </div></div>

I have seen quite a few and they (HS) have a hard thin rubber butt pad. The stock in question has a nice soft R3 pad.

The light varmint and 6.8 tactical had fluted magnum contour barrels I believe, not sporter and had a nice balance.