• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Who Makes This Holster?

RLinNH

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Mar 23, 2019
Going to post a pic from my phone in the next post of this thread. I have been looking to find a holster to try IDPA out. I found this one kicking around in my holster drawer. First of all, I can not get the Glock 41 to draw when it's attached to my belt. I have to hold the barrel end of the holster down with my non draw hand to get the firearm out of the holster. That's with the tension screws backed all the way out. So, it has to be operator head space and timing, I hope. I'm thinking that if I go to the manufacturers website I can shed some light on this.

IMG_0554.jpeg

Comp-Tac, probably the International model. Great holsters from a respected company.

Reactions: RLinNH
Put a leg strap on it, like a drop leg holster.

You can use anything, from bungee to a long shoelace to titanium cable, whatever.

But tie a strap onto the muzzle end of the holster and then around your leg.

If drop leg holsters didn't have leg straps people would have the same problem regularly, isn't impossible to draw if you do it methodically, but reality dictates needing a leg strap.

You can try stiffening things if you really want to find a different solution, the issue is where the holster shell attaches to your belt attachment method, it flexes there, a lot.

That allows the muzzle end to pull away from your body as you draw, which pinches off your draw and pins your gun in the holster.

So, you can try different belt attachment methods, or fastening metal strap to stiffen things, aluminum angle, on and on and on and on.

You can also just attach a leg strap of some sort.

Reactions: sgtsmmiii
Put a leg strap on it, like a drop leg holster.

You can use anything, from bungee to a long shoelace to titanium cable, whatever.

But tie a strap onto the muzzle end of the holster and then around your leg.

If drop leg holsters didn't have leg straps people would have the same problem regularly, isn't impossible to draw if you do it methodically, but reality dictates needing a leg strap.

You can try stiffening things if you really want to find a different solution, the issue is where the holster shell attaches to your belt attachment method, it flexes there, a lot.

That allows the muzzle end to pull away from your body as you draw, which pinches off your draw and pins your gun in the holster.

So, you can try different belt attachment methods, or fastening metal strap to stiffen things, aluminum angle, on and on and on and on.

You can also just attach a leg strap of some sort.
Thank you for the detailed breakdown of what is going on with this holster. I have a drop leg holster, but not allowed in IDPA:cautious: So I'm going to figure out how to retain the muzzle end of the holster. Thanks again!!!

Took apart my Safari Land Drop Leg Holster and turned it into a mid mount. Whoulda Thunk?:ROFLMAO: This will work for an introduction to action shooting…
IMG_0556.jpeg