• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Who routinly has a cashe of weapons on them?

Re: Who routinly has a cashe of weapons on them?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Authorities explained that the situation could have been much worse had the incident taken place earlier in the day. If Moore’s stash of military-grade weapons had been unearthed while First Lady Michelle Obama was visiting San Diego, then police response to the suspect’s collection of firearms may have been much more extreme.</div></div>

"Much more extreme"??? They flipped out And called in for bomb sniffing dogs. How much more extreme could they get? If the saying "as goes California........" is true, we are screwed!

Looks like you boys in SW Virfinia are getting hit pretty good by this storm, John.

I wouldn't use the word "cache." It's media-buzz for "big scary hoard of metallic objects whose possible purpose makes us shit ourselves and usually renders us incapable of identifying individual objects within such hoard as anything but 'Glocks' and 'AK-47s'."

From what I read, he had a rifle, a pistol and a shotgun, locked in his trunk. If the firearms were not loaded, then no laws were being broken. The police can say that they are considering such charges all they want, but if the firearms were not loaded, they have no basis for them. More antigun scare tactics.

I wonder, though, why the police were allowed to search his trunk at all. We are obviously missing part of the story, but his civil rights may have been violated, and he may have the basis for a good lawsuit.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tigerhawk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">From what I read, he had a rifle, a pistol and a shotgun, locked in his trunk. If the firearms were not loaded, then no laws were being broken. The police can say that they are considering such charges all they want, but if the firearms were not loaded, they have no basis for them. <span style="color: #3333FF">More antigun scare tactics</span>.

<span style="color: #CC0000">I wonder, though, why the police were allowed to search his trunk at all. </span> We are obviously missing part of the story, but his civil rights may have been violated, and he may have the basis for a good lawsuit. </div></div>

Answered your own question before you asked it.

i was checked out on the way home from camp perry at a rest area by pa state police while getting out a cooler. 8 rifle cases were in full view. he didn't even stop his car.

OMGONOZ.gif

I despise California more every day. I wish they would secede before they give the rest of us their economic, government, and social diseases.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYpatriot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I despise California more every day. I wish they would secede before they give the rest of us their economic, government, and social diseases. </div></div>

We spell it with a K now and it ends in stan, Kaliforniastan. I cant wait to move next year! I love it here, but its going nowhere good.

I'd like to see the response to my truck on a normal range day.

It'd be epic.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TacticalDillhole</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYpatriot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I despise California more every day. I wish they would secede before they give the rest of us their economic, government, and social diseases. </div></div>

We spell it with a K now and it ends in stan, Kaliforniastan. I cant wait to move next year! I love it here, but its going nowhere good.</div></div>

What is so bad is i have been to a good portion of this planet, and Kalifornia as you call it has just about the most perfect mix of terrain and climate I have seen anywhere. Maybe I should change my mind and come help you push all those idiots into the sea. No sense in giving up good ground to morons.

Figures it would be at SDSU. Most everyone there is either drunk or stoned.
WTF is "military grade" firearms? Must be the "new" assault weapon, evil new name.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maggot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like you boys in SW Virfinia are getting hit pretty good by this storm, John.</div></div>

Wife had 4" snow on the deck at daylight when I was leaving K&M in Florida. I connected all the flights home but it has progressed for the worse all day.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYpatriot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I despise California more every day. <span style="font-weight: bold">I wish they would secede before they give the rest of us their economic, government, and social diseases.</span> </div></div>

Trouble is the US military would mobilize and force them to un-secede.

Doubt it would take long before the white flag was waved.

When I was in college, I enjoyed skipping class for a trip to the range. I never left a single firearm at the house I lived in when I made a weekend trip home. I got stopped for speeding on my way back to school after Christmas break. After two officers, made two trips, carrying firearms from my truck to their car so they could run serial numbers, the talkative one asked permission to search the vehicle. My first answer was "hell no". In all fairness I was in my SRT8 Jeep Cherokee. It is dropped to the ground with blacked out windows and looks like it should have a couple of kilos of coke inside. He was already quite upset about the fact that all of my weapons were loaded with a round in the chamber, especially after I made the comment "I don't know about your firearms, but the accuracy of mine goes to shit when I try to fire rounds out of the chamber". He made some B.S. excuse about my cache of weapons being a legitimate excuse to search the vehicle. I thought it over, laughed to myself, told him he was absolutely wrong, and figured I'd have some fun. I made a deal that he could search the vehicle if he swore to put everything back just the way he found it. Little did he know, I was moving into a new place that semester and had nearly an entire house packed into the Jeep. There were at least 4 duffel bags filled with clothes and toiletries, over half a dozen tool bags with nearly every tool under the sun inside, and clothes baskets full of books and other random ass junk. He asked me if there was anything inside that might stick him. I told him there was a possibility of an extremely sharp pick inside or stabbing out of the side of every tool bag in there. He ask if there were any drugs inside. I says yep, I've got an entire medicine cabinet in one of the suitcases, everything from antibiotics to ear wax dissolver... There was a 1911 in the truck somewhere. I packed so quickly that I didn't have a clue where I'd put it. He refused to quit searching until he found it. After about 30mins of searching (I didn't have anywhere to be and his partner was a nice fellow whom I enjoyed talking guns with) he finally found the 1911
laugh.gif
. It wasn't stolen either and apparently antacids aren't a controlled substance. The asshole still wrote me a ticket for 65 in a 55, I was passing some slow poke doing 45. Hell I saw his car, but never dreamed he would actually pull me over.... Anywho, the look of disappointment on his face, after he realized that a speeding ticket was all he would get to write, was well worth all of the hassle! The best part was, I was fully aware of the fact that my father was good friends with a guy that went to Sunday School with the mayor of this town. That ticket was thrown out and I never even had to appear for court. I'm such an asshole
laugh.gif

Wow !!! If that guy had a "Cache" in his car,my truck is a virtual rolling "Arsenal" on just about any given day.
laugh.gif

Hahaha, seriously. This guy makes me look like a roaming terrorist. Heck, on a range day they would wrap me up in one of those nice little white coats and declare me criminally insane. Glad I live in Utah and can live without fear of the fuzz bugging me.

...Undercover cops were in the area attempting to <span style="font-style: italic">bust</span> underage <span style="font-style: italic">drinkers</span> when Moore caught their attention....According to CBS 8, officers gave Moore a <span style="font-style: italic">field sobriety test</span> while a bomb squad searched the suspect’s vehicle for explosive devices.
The San Diego State University student was ultimately arrested for <span style="font-style: italic">suspicion</span> of DUI.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Powder Burns</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...Undercover cops were in the area attempting to <span style="font-style: italic">bust</span> underage <span style="font-style: italic">drinkers</span> when Moore caught their attention....According to CBS 8, officers gave Moore a <span style="font-style: italic">field sobriety test</span> while a bomb squad searched the suspect&#146;s vehicle for explosive devices.
The San Diego State University student was ultimately arrested for <span style="font-style: italic">suspicion</span> of DUI.

</div></div>
Why do I think the FST was VERY subjective based upon finding a bunch of nice firearms in the trunk.

I hope we are paying attention.

There is more than one firearm in my car even when I am NOT going to the range.

I can't believe any gun owner, thinks what happened to this kid is ok. I find it even harder to believe that any person in uniform would accept this event as normal and OK.
I find it apalling that most of the retarded public thinks this is acceptable.

Moral of this story: Before you leave home check and make sure no one important is coming to town, that could lead to a complete disaster.

OH yeah, almost forgot. Seen any Nazis lately? WAKE UP AMERICA!

If you don't like what's going on then vote for city officials who won't allow local and state police to act like morons.

The first turd link in this chain of shit was the first officer who panic'd when he saw legal firearms responsibly locked in the trunk.

"oh the pressure..."

So long as we have apologists who'll excuse this behavior and sheep who just say "I'm pro-LEO" then we'll have this kind of stupidity. Who's to blame for this crap...? As for the media, well...

California is slap full of morons, I hope they fence it off and give it back to Mexico, the situation there is beyond help.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TacticalDillhole</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYpatriot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I despise California more every day. I wish they would secede before they give the rest of us their economic, government, and social diseases. </div></div>

We spell it with a K now and it ends in stan, Kaliforniastan. I cant wait to move next year! I love it here, but its going nowhere good.</div></div>That is an insult to all the "Stan" counties of the world that have limited gun laws. California is a state ruled by those Liberals who think they know best for the sheep and plan on developing laws to stop you from being human - bow to their demands sheep.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">According to CBS 8, officers gave Moore a field sobriety test while a bomb squad searched the suspect’s vehicle for explosive devices.</div></div>

I don't always do undercover stake outs outside the CVS pharmacy to bust underage drinking of Sand Diego State University students, but when I do, I bring a bomb squad.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The appearance of a sniper rifle in the trunk of a California student’s car arrives at a particularly sensitive time for the nation. This month marked the 10 year anniversary of the Beltway sniper attacks, a series of shootings perpetrated by John Allen Muhammed and Lee Boyd Malvo. The pair chose targets at random for three grueling weeks, sending shockwaves of fear and paranoia throughout the D.C. area. By the time the duo was apprehended, the killers had taken the lives of 10 people.</div></div>

I guess if you transport a rifle in your trunk you're know better than mr. muhammed. Fuckin' crackpot news reporter.

"As of this writing, it’s unclear if David Robert Moore III will face weapon possession charges for <span style="font-weight: bold">transporting a sniper rifle </span>and other guns inside the trunk of his car."

Since when the fuck is it illegal to transfer a fully legal hunting / sport rifle??

Fuck California....

I don't believe I have spent one day in the last 50 years that I did not have at least one gun in my automobile.

Is it the media or the LEO's calling this a cache'?
What constitutes a cache?

"Chance favors the prepared mind"

They are hinting "riot" if Romney wins next week so I might put something else behind the seat for shits n giggles.

In the van right now is a Benelli M-1, Mk-18, and G31.
100 rounds 12-guage, 420 rounds .223, and 84 rounds .357 Sig.
Not for the range, Just another day in the hood...

I wouldn't expect to get hassled like that student. Assholes.

If you actually read the story, the student was arrested for DUI, not weapons charges.

The car was likely impounded, the weapons, as long as they were legal to own, would have been taken for safekeeping.

Why is the story about the weapons?

Don't know, to me, they are a non-issue unless state law speaks about possession of a firearm in a public place while intoxicated.

Most likely an easy headline, you know damn well in kommifornia the liberal pantywaists are wringing their hands and praising the capture of illegal weapons.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fdkay</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold">If you actually read the story, the student was arrested for DUI, not weapons charges</span>.

The car was likely impounded, the weapons, as long as they were legal to own, would have been taken for safekeeping.

Don't know, to me, they are a non-issue unless state law speaks about possession of a firearm in a public place while intoxicated.

Most likely an easy headline, you know damn well in kommifornia the liberal pantywaists are wringing their hands and praising the capture of illegal weapons. </div></div>

Actually the article states clearly that it was suspected DUI which is a crock and there's been no following charges which further determines it was a crock as they would have blood tested him that same day/time if the DUI was genuine...

We can't just keep blaming 'liberals' and treating the officers who choose to enforce the laws of the liberals as hapless victims caught in the middle. There's direct complicity here between the attitude of the officers, the BS charges and the treatment of the public with the attitude and agendas of the liberals.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fdkay</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold">If you actually read the story, the student was arrested for DUI, not weapons charges</span>.

Most likely an easy headline, you know damn well in kommifornia the liberal pantywaists are wringing their hands and praising the capture of illegal weapons. </div></div>

Actually the article states clearly that it was suspected DUI which is a crock and there's been no following charges which further determines it was a crock as they would have blood tested him that same day/time if the DUI was genuine...

We can't just keep blaming 'liberals' and treating the officers who choose to enforce the laws of the liberals as hapless victims caught in the middle. There's direct complicity here between the attitude of the officers, the BS charges and the treatment of the public with the attitude and agendas of the liberals. </div></div>

Wow, you don't have a fucking clue, do you?

As quoted from the article:
"The San Diego State University student was ultimately arrested for suspicion of DUI."

A person is ALWAYS arrested for suspicion of committing a crime, it is up to the district or county attorney to PROVE BEYOND A REASONABLE DOUBT that someone is guilty of a crime. Law enforcement does not determine guilt or innocence.

The police can't forcefully remove blood from a person unless there is a warrant or, in some states, the commission of a felony. They would not have taken it by force at the scene, as it must be taken by a person licensed and certified to draw blood in a clean environment.

They would have offered a blood or breath sample, which he could refuse. If he wasn't intoxicated and refused, then he was stupid as it would have exonerated him.

At NO TIME did I defend the actions of law enforcement, I merely explained the seizure of the weapons. I also postulated on the reason that the weapons seemed to be the main part of the story.
It is the press and the libtards that drive these sensational stories.

Maybe I'm just being a dumb ass but if they used a field sobriety test to make a determination as to whether he was intoxicated or not, wouldn't that result in an arrest for DUI or am I just arguing semantics? I mean if you have the proof its not a suspicion anymore, right?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Powder Burns</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maybe I'm just being a dumb ass but if they used a field sobriety test to make a determination as to whether he was intoxicated or not, wouldn't that result in an arrest for DUI or am I just arguing semantics? I mean if you have the proof its not a suspicion anymore, right? </div></div>

No,it is still suspicion of committing a crime, hence they still refer to the nut-job in Colorado as the "alleged shooter" until he is convicted.

They apparently had probable cause to effect an arrest (you must be able to articulate probable cause to arrest). He is still innocent until proven guilty.

Looks like a sniper rifle with a FOLDING STOCK none the less. Horrors! How did they miss that?

No comments on his choice of glass? What's this site coming to?

Man now I have to find one off those military grade "modified" sniper rifles. This is just flipping insane, hey California stop wasting the rest of the countries tax dollars on this stupid crap. I hope he turns around and sues them, hey it's California so he will more than likely win.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jayne</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like a sniper rifle with a FOLDING STOCK none the less. Horrors! How did they miss that?

No comments on his choice of glass? What's this site coming to?
</div></div>

My first thought was "Wow, nice rifle", but then I realized that is just a generic picture of a rifle and not the actual rifle the college kid had in his trunk; cops don't lay out a camo tarp/sheet and pose confiscated/siezed weapons for photo-shoots.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: turbo54</div><div class="ubbcode-body">cops don't lay out a camo tarp/sheet and pose confiscated/siezed weapons for photo-shoots. </div></div>

Ahh, yes they do...

shit i better hide my AW
shocked.gif

A "sniper" rifle, shotgun and pistol........

Remind me never to go to kalifornistan

When we go out with our family we need to take the wife's van because there is no room in my jeep for the kids.

I was really sweating a traffic stop this weekend. Left on Thursday with 1911 officers model concealed, Beretta 1201, 64MPR, newly assembled AR15 carbine, and 22A Smith.
Dropped off the Beretta, met up with my gunsmith and reclaimed Brown Sugar(sniper rifle)after her fresh bedding job. Still heavy with the specialized sniper MPR,1911,22A and AR. Swung by the gunshow and trunked a pristine Ithaca 37 police.
Thank my lucky stars I made it home without having to open the trunk for a Nazi.
Actually a pretty normal weekend for me...I have carried much more.

Don't you have to be 21 to have a pistol? He is 20 correct? Might be in some trouble there.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Don't you have to be 21 to have a pistol? He is 20 correct? Might be in some trouble there.
</div></div>Yup

The law is, must be 21 to purchase, but one only needs to be 18 to possess.