• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Who sells Bartlein 6.5 barrels that will export to New Zealand.

ChrisNZ

Private
Minuteman
Sep 12, 2011
Auckland New Zealand
Hi Guys. Hoping someone can point me in the right direction. Almost 2000 rounds through my 260 Tikka T3 Sporter and anticipate needing to rebarrel soon.
Looking at buying a couple Bartlein 6.5 5R 1-8.5 28 and 30" barrel blanks. Any suggestions as to who has stock that will export to New Zealand? Barrels here do not specifically require an import permit, but if it makes it easier for export that side, my local arms officer is happy to provide one.

The Hide has been a great community, bought some bits off Hide members before and "touch wood" always been a pleasure.
Many thanks in advance.

I emailed Grizzly asking if they export and haven't had a reply. I normally order from Brownells but they out of stock and haven't had a reply regarding time frame on new stock.

Thanks for the replies.

I had an email conversation with Bartlein which indicated they would probably be willing to export directly, but you probably need to order a few barrels to make the export permit worth while. And they may not have stock of exactly what you want.

Hit up Mark at Precision Firearms. I know he sells a lot of his builds with 6.5 Bartlein Barrels. I don't know that he does barrels for your platform though. It's certainly worth an email.