• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Suppressors Who sells the suppressor covers???

Re: Who sells the suppressor covers???

The SAS3 designed to be installed on the can, or barrel, BEFORE the can is installed onto the rifle.

It is basically effortless to slide it to the rear to allow cooling. You should NOT slide it forward off of the rifle because the internal ridge that is built into the SAS3 is a smaller diameter than the outside diameter of the can. If you do this repeatedly you will stretch out the recoil ridge and it will not keep the cover from being shot off of the can.

On your setup, you won't be able to slide it rearward very much, so if you're worried about taking the cover off of the can then I would recommend the SAS1 model, the one with the velcro. That way you can simply undo to velcro at the back, where the recoil ridge is built in, and pull the cover off of the can.

I don't really worry about the can getting so hot with the rate of fire from a bolt gun that I need to slide my covers back to allow the can to cool down.

I would STRONGLY recommend NOT getting a SAS2 for your setup. The reason being it sounds like you're wanting to remove the cover to allow the can to cool down. If you shoot a long string of fire your can will be much hotter toward the middle of the can than at either end. If you attempt to slide the cover off of a very hot can the outer Cordura and the shock cord will melt as it comes in contact with the hot center part of the can. You'll be left with a ruined can cover and melted material stuck to you can.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tburkes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The SAS3 designed to be installed on the can, or barrel, BEFORE the can is installed onto the rifle.

It is basically effortless to slide it to the rear to allow cooling. You should NOT slide it forward off of the rifle because the internal ridge that is built into the SAS3 is a smaller diameter than the outside diameter of the can. If you do this repeatedly you will stretch out the recoil ridge and it will not keep the cover from being shot off of the can.

On your setup, you won't be able to slide it rearward very much, so if you're worried about taking the cover off of the can then I would recommend the SAS1 model, the one with the velcro. That way you can simply undo to velcro at the back, where the recoil ridge is built in, and pull the cover off of the can.

I don't really worry about the can getting so hot with the rate of fire from a bolt gun that I need to slide my covers back to allow the can to cool down.

I would STRONGLY recommend NOT getting a SAS2 for your setup. The reason being it sounds like you're wanting to remove the cover to allow the can to cool down. If you shoot a long string of fire your can will be much hotter toward the middle of the can than at either end. If you attempt to slide the cover off of a very hot can the outer Cordura and the shock cord will melt as it comes in contact with the hot center part of the can. You'll be left with a ruined can cover and melted material stuck to you can.

</div></div>

Awesome, thanks for the recommendation my man. I'll be ordering one up tonight, likely.

Just ordered one up for my inbound 30-P1. I imagine it is the same quality as my other TAB kit. Looking forward to trying it out.

Why not just get a piece of Nomex and wrap it yourself? That's what I'll probably do.

Good luck with that. Most bare nomex fabric is only good for about 400°F for any amount of time. I bought $130 worth of quality for my $2k worth of OpsInc cans and enjoy the lack of mirage and unburned hands as a result. Buy once cry once.