• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Who to go to for modifying this....

hangunnr

Team Shutupnshoot
Minuteman
May 7, 2002
Flatlandia
I'm looking for someone who can modify a suppressor adapter for a non standard thread size.

I need a SiCo 1/2-28 bored out and threaded 9/16-28 assuming there is sufficient metal to work with.

This one pictured is a 5/8-24.

2U9oeM.jpg

Do49wv.jpg

I would say Chad at LRI. He’s just seems to be the most knowledgeable about that kind of custom work.

are you sure you dont mean 9/16-24? if so theres already an adapter available for that,.

are you sure you dont mean 9/16-24? if so theres already an adapter available for that,.

well he did say it was a non-standard thread size, so im assuming theres not an adapter already made.

and OP, any halfway decent machine shop should be able to handle this no problem.......worst comes to worst they may have to bore it out, sleeve it, and rethread it......but there should be enough meat there to simply cut those threads deeper......but your local gunsmith should be able to handle it

If you have a single rifle barrel that you want this adapter to fit then I would recommend having that barrel cut, crowned and rethreaded for a standard thread pitch. This should cost about $100 from most gunsmiths and is a routine job. It sounds simple to cut the threads deeper on an existing mount, but it is more labor intensive than external threads on a barrel. To check thread fit many Smith's do not have a 9/16-28 3B thread go/no-go thread gauge or any other method to measure internal thread pitch. At a minimum a GO gauge would need to be made. I would guess a machinist or gunsmith would charge $150 (I am capable of doing what you ask and I would charge $150). So you spend $90 on an adapter and have the internal threads cut and you are into the project for $240 ish plus the inconvenience of having to change the adapter every time for just that one gun.

Just some thoughts. This may have no application to your situation.

Just barely enough material there for it to work. Theoretically the 1/2-28 threads should clean up-- even if they don't 100% what's left of them shouldn't interfere with the 9/16 threads. At any rate, most any machine shop or any decent smith you're comfortable with here should be able to do this for you. Just emphasize that you want the new threads square, concentric and centered as best as they can. Should be a simple bore/thread job unless the threads need to be clocked.

Threads on the barrel are definitely 9/16-28.

I'd like to get away from this adapter that I have.

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/imageshack.com\/a\/img924\/2701\/eFaYGA.jpg"}[/IMG2]

It works fine, I was just wanting to eliminate one extra piece in the equation.

Cost looks like it will be prohibitive for now anyway.

Thanks!!

Last edited: