• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Who treads your barrels

NewGuy308

Private
Minuteman
Sep 10, 2020
If I had a Remington 700 long action that I wanted to barrel, who would you send it to? I’m on Long Island in New York, so my options are locally limited. I’m would like it go get done quickly using a quality barrel that I can purchase from them or that I could supply.

@LongRifles Inc. usually keeps a lot of blanks on hand (could be different with COVID and the boom of work) AND are known for fast turn around and great comms.
I can only say good things about their work from a decent sample size of personal rifles.

Not sure if he keeps blanks on hand and a big endorsement for my local smith at Black Canyon Customs in Denver.
Awesome comms, fair prices, excellent work. Very much spot on with lead times. VERY pleased with the work he did for me and friend’s rifles I have shot.
He will do my future barrel work based on what I have seen.

If I had a Remington 700 long action that I wanted to barrel, who would you send it to? I’m on Long Island in New York, so my options are locally limited. I’m would like it go get done quickly using a quality barrel that I can purchase from them or that I could supply.
If you go with LRI, consider having him true up the action as he has a superb reputation for this service and uses a five axis CNC mill. Check out this video

Patriot Valley Arms does a great job and fast turnaround time. I’ve heard lots of good things about LRI but never used them. If you’re Remington action hasn’t been blueprinted before you definitely need to have it done in addition to the other work. It’ll be the best money you spend on that rifle.

Reactions: Ledzep
LRI is my vote. In addition to great work he has a very close relationship with K&P barrels. This affords him some enhanced availability.

Reactions: Stoweit