• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Who used these???

81STFACP

DRB 1234, P100, HM - XC, LR
Minuteman
Dec 26, 2006
Austin, TX
I came across this picture. Markings on the box appears to have some military lineage. Who used these ammo? Most likely made by Hornady.

IMG_1222.jpg

So, two legged critters don’t need ELDX. ELDM does it and historically Gov likes to contract the match bullets!
Historically match bullets have been sourced because
A) .gov stayed away from running afoul of the Hague convention on the rules of land warfare that prohibits bullets designed to expand on impact
and
B) Match bullets used to always have better external ballistics than hunting bullets

These days there are quite a few hunting bullets that fly as well or better than match bullets (my own Howa 1500 shoots 178 ELDX better than the ELDM of the same weight) AND many hunting bullets perform better than match bullets through intermediate barriers.

Also, it seems that some .gov lawyers have been able to justify the use of expanding bullets for some "activities".

As to whether people need or don't need to be shot with hunting bullets, that's a matter of opinion. You make it sound like hunting bullets won't drop people like match bullets do.

LOL

Historically match bullets have been sourced because
A) .gov stayed away from running afoul of the Hague convention on the rules of land warfare that prohibits bullets designed to expand on impact
and
B) Match bullets used to always have better external ballistics than hunting bullets

These days there are quite a few hunting bullets that fly as well or better than match bullets (my own Howa 1500 shoots 178 ELDX better than the ELDM of the same weight) AND many hunting bullets perform better than match bullets through intermediate barriers.

Also, it seems that some .gov lawyers have been able to justify the use of expanding bullets for some "activities".

As to whether people need or don't need to be shot with hunting bullets, that's a matter of opinion. You make it sound like hunting bullets won't drop people like match bullets do.

LOL
You’re way off on what I am pointing out. Never did I post or even elude a hunting bullet can’t kill a person. That would be an absurd proposition. I merely stated it’s against what the gov has typically contracted.

You’re way off on what I am pointing out. Never did I post or even elude a hunting bullet can’t kill a person. That would be an absurd proposition. I merely stated it’s against what the gov has typically contracted.
Hunting bullets cannot kill people, and match bullets don't kill animals..

Gawd..... it's right there in the name.

• Haha
Reactions: 338dude

How else am I supposed to interpret this?
So, two legged critters don’t need ELDX. ELDM does it

How else am I supposed to interpret this?
People die easily getting hit with match bullets. No need for a hunting constructed bullets, which typically have lower BC and precision compared to match bullets. People are thin skinned creatures.

Reactions: 338dude