• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Who wants to meet up for a beer

If you can meet up on Sunday in northern Virginia I’ll take a couple of you to Quantico and we can shoot from the 1000 yard line. Beer to follow.

• Wow
Reactions: akmike47
Man if I wasn't States away I'd be in.

I may be driving from TX to CA to visit family in March. I could bring a pew or two along.
Careful what pews you bring as some will get you a felony conviction if found in CA.

A friend of mine is looking at swinging by in Feb when he goes from OK to CA to visit his son and I had to remind him of that.

Yeah I remember that. Just can’t picture your face. Been a while.

WHAT? WHERE? WHEN?

Spill the beans man. Haven't heard of this. All of us in western OH would be all over that like stink on shit.
In Connersville an old ordnance test range going civi. Just starting to get things together . B&B available with wine and beer tasting. Looking for ideas on targets , ranges etc.

In Connersville an old ordnance test range going civi. Just starting to get things together . B&B available with wine and beer tasting. Looking for ideas on targets , ranges etc.

Holy jumping Jesus on a pogo stick! That's 90 min from home.

One or two steel targets at 100 yd increments to as far as the range will allow.

Then KYL racks (or similar) at oddball distances to the limit of the range. It's cool to get data confirmation every 100 yards, but the in betweens need to be checked as well. Plus KYL because f-it.

Maybe a separate 100 - 200 yard range with the ability to setup paper for load testing, zeroing, etc.

If you have room, at least four pistol bays. 25 by 25 yd minimum so USPSA matches can happen.

How far do you all wanna go?

Oh, and structure a membership package that has enough compelling advantages to make me sign up over paying every time I go.

Holy jumping Jesus on a pogo stick! That's 90 min from home.

One or two steel targets at 100 yd increments to as far as the range will allow.

Then KYL racks (or similar) at oddball distances to the limit of the range. It's cool to get data confirmation every 100 yards, but the in betweens need to be checked as well. Plus KYL because f-it.

Maybe a separate 100 - 200 yard range with the ability to setup paper for load testing, zeroing, etc.

If you have room, at least four pistol bays. 25 by 25 yd minimum so USPSA matches can happen.

How far do you all wanna go?

Oh, and structure a membership package that has enough compelling advantages to make me sign up over paying every time I go.
Thanks for the ideas 308pirate. I will pass the info on. The range is limited in size so doubt that many positions will be available. Paper target stands are in the works. There will be lots of steel. 1 1/2 “ amour plate so 50 cal is GTG. Working on a membership plan now.
New to this so pardon my ignorance but what are KYL racks.
Rad

Thanks for the ideas 308pirate. I will pass the info on. The range is limited in size so doubt that many positions will be available. Paper target stands are in the works. There will be lots of steel. 1 1/2 “ amour plate so 50 cal is GTG. Working on a membership plan now.
New to this so pardon my ignorance but what are KYL racks.
Rad
KYL: know your limits. A target stand with several targets of descending size facing the shooter.

KYL: know your limits. A target stand with several targets of descending size facing the shooter.
Thanks i will pass this info along. Maybe i can get some pictures shortly and post them.
Rad

Thanks i will pass this info along. Maybe i can get some pictures shortly and post them.
Rad
Awesome. Can't wait for this place to open. It'll cut 1hr each way off my drive to go shoot.

Hoe Lee Schitt!!! A range in Connersville?! I’ll be checking into this with family close by the area! I need more info!!!

Reactions: 308pirate
Shk1
I will post more info when i have it.
Rad

Subbed to follow. That’s only an hour from me. MSCA goes out to 1000 yards and there’s another range that supposed to be opening up in Tremont, PA going out to 1200-1400 yards. That’s where the WAR rifles match is gonna be held.

Anyone in ARIZONA wants to meet up send me a PM. Plenty of room to shoot here.
Same here. I know one or two az guys on here. More the merrier. Like to coyote hunt and shoot long range at cow town or in the desert/mountains.

When i can get a meet with the owner would a couple of you guys be willing to come over a chat with him to help with ideas as to renge set up ?
Rad

Looked up felching. How in the fuck is there even a word for that? Geez, the things I've learned on this site that can never be forgotten!

I'm taking my kegerator and going home.

When i can get a meet with the owner would a couple of you guys be willing to come over a chat with him to help with ideas as to renge set up ?
Rad

Absolutely. PM me with as much advance notice as you can.

.... The range is limited in size so doubt that many positions will be available......
You might be surprised what you can do on a small range. This is my local small club's (Richwood, OH) 300-yd line. Local members turned it into a nice PRS playground.
IMG_20210110_152525359.jpg