• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

who would be up for a match in central Missouri

gugubica

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 13, 2005
Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri
Thinking about putting on a charity match in March. The location is on 270 acres in central Missouri. Half of the proceeds would go to ASO, half to a local school that teach's early childhood development to disable children.

Match would be two day, maybee three. Lots of natural terrain, some angle shooting, lots of thinking stages. 5 to abround 850 yard shots, some run and gun, etc.

I am working with a local hotel to get some group rates. I am also working with a local aviation company...might pull off a chopper.

This will be a very fun match that you get to do some out of the box stuff.

What's the interest level?

Re: who would be up for a match in central Missouri

Whats the snow like around there in March? Not much going on that time of the year so it should be a good draw. I would give it some serious thought.

I'll help out anyway I can.

Just depends about the weather. I've seen snow as late as mid April but not usually. Temps are starting to warm up to mid 60's.

Don't make it around the 23rd of March.

I and a few others in the local area would be interested.

i would be interested. sounds like a fun event.

Sounds like fun.
Also, if I were there it would give everyone somebody to laugh at, thus taking lots of pressure off of others.
I'm not far away, let me know if there is anything I could do to help.

You have a lot of interest from Columbia folks. Could be a muddy mess around that time, but sounds like it would be pretty challenging.

You know I'm ready, my son and brother in law and maybe another from Stoutland would be in, too.

A match in Central MO would be a good thing. Myself and a buddy or 2 would in for it. I may actually be ready for a match by then.

My son and I would , not sure about March though , that's when my busy season starts

I live in C Mo. location??

I would be in. Make it at least two days and at least 100 rnds so I get to shoot some when I get there. I just can't drive 5-10 hrs for one day and 50 rnds. Just my 2 cents

Count on two from Illinois. Great country. I was just over by the Lake of the Ozark for a three gun match.

Alright. I will get the logistics worked out and get this rolling. I will make a post soon with details.

Thanks all.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 30calsniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Count me in! </div></div>

Todd, you'll have to come out to Pete's and shoot and fill us in on how this shit works! That way we will have somewhat of an idea of what we are doing.
confused.gif

Yea, I'm moving to iowa but would come back south for a match any time!
Id b glad to come out and help ;-)

I might even show up depending on the timing that's not too far for me. And we all know how much fun that would be.

My brother and I would likely be on for a March match.

Craig in Jackson

Put me down!

Will keep an eye on it. Sounds like fun. Always like natural terrain.

If you can't pull off the helo that's fine with me. They usually take alot of time and only a few shots. Time better spent with more stages of fire.

Brian,

Sounds good to me, as well. I'd be very interested in anything you may have planned in Missouri. PM me or we can talk at the Bash?

Semper fi,

One last hurdle and this will be on. I just need to hear back from my insurance agent about single event coverage. Unless he has bad news, I will create another post soon.

Ben, I wish I could make the Bash, but, not gonna happen this year...pretty bummed about it! I will send you a PM as soon as everything is finalized. Look forward to seeing everyone soon, somewhere.

Thanks again for the interest guys.

I work at a local gun shop in KC. We are a class 3 dealer and I would be up for coming out and shooting the match and bringing some demo cans as well.

Bill

Hmmmmmm I bet I can make this. I haven't been involved in shooting at all lately with life getting in the way. Keep us posted.