• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

WHOA... What happened here?!?!?

Re: WHOA... What happened here?!?!?

Wow. If that has happened before, that sucks. I'm sure they will make it right. But still. What a let down.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">. The majority of the .700 dia bolts will be one piece later this year. The price will go up, but $50 or less. We are working the cost issues hard.

</div></div>

Sounds like a very good development.

I'm in on the current group buy thru Randy. I would wait a little longer and pay 50 bucks for a one piece bolt in a heartbeat!
smile.gif

Trilogymac

Trilogymac, we've swapped money and goods before, and I'll be completely honest, Stillers are great-but you already know that. This is my first issue ever. I'd have no problem getting another right now. I've already got a BAT 3LL OCT Repeater on order or I'd be happy to have another one of Jerry's.

Quick story. I had a Stiller Viper Drop Port in 6PPC (two actually). Anyone who shoots shortrange BR knows to get a 6PPC to hum they have to be loaded hot. Well, I was loading mine hot. Hot enough that primer pockets would not last long at all. 2, maybe 3, firings on a piece of Lapua 220 Russian. More than once I had a sticky bolt on that rifle. The lugs became galled really bad, but it shot in the teens until the day I sold it-despite the galled lugs. I'll have to dig up some pics. I got sick of all the 6PPC brass prep and got out of the short game and went to longer ranges. Now, my ADD finds me shooting tactical stuff in 6BR-I won't even get into that.

Long story short, from the beginning, I was convinced I did something wrong with this receiver simply because of the Stillers I've owned in the past have an impeccable record of sustaining hard use.

Finally, I overnight-ed the bolt to Jerry yesterday, it they confirmed receiving it today. (BTW, shipping has gotten EXPENSIVE).

I'm sure I'll be back in business with a better bolt and handle in no time.

Brand692,
The Stiller and Surgeon GB's were going at the same time.
I wanted to go with the Surgeon because of the 1 piece bolt.
The problem was I am building on a return stock so I needed the swept back bolt handle and the bolt release above the stock line because I don't want to butcher the return stock. The features
I need are on the Stiller.I know they are great action thats why I didn't hesitate to go that route. It's just when I saw Jerry's note about the one piece bolt, well,... that would be icing on the cake! That is if it were swept back.

Best,
Trilogymac

Well, here I am reviving an old thread.

Monday, Jerry called me letting me know the bolt was back from the coaters and ready to ship. Unfortunately I am leaving on the 5th and didn't think I'd have it back in time. I was wrong. Jerry shipped it two day overnight to make sure I got it by the time I left. So the rifle will go with me now!

The bolt looks brand new and is rock solid.

I hope the guys that read this thread who are thinking about buying a Stiller custom action, realize that this is not about a bad action, but rather about great customer service.

Man made stuff breaks. Its a given. A company or firm earns its salt when it stands behind its product and makes it right with the consumer. So, thanks to Jerry and a great team up at Stiller, I'm back in the game and hope to print some stellar groups with it this weekend.

My next build? Not sure, but I know it will have another Stiller action.

Glad to hear it was taken care of. Awesome that Jerry is a member of this site and addressed it directly.