• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Whos able to make an mcx barrel?

I am looking for this as well, unfortunately, I'm not sure there is enough of a market for it right now. Because conversion kits are difficult to come by at the moment, there may be some, but it won't be enough to warrant for companies to spin up barrels right off the bat. Getting a group-buy together would be the best method to continue. Getting the barrel extension, gas block, and barrel blueprints from SIG would be another issue, especially since MCX's are supposedly being purchased by departments and agencies, and those are more than likely going to be a priority to fulfill.
@ES-Tactical would you be willing to develop a one-off MCX barrel if we provide the gas block and barrel extension?

It would be sweet. This stuff is pretty widely available in the middle of last year. Recently I look Frozen stuff and everything sold out

I'd love a 6mm arc barrel. And people can say what they want but they've been producing the shit out of these virtus guns. Whoever could produce a barrel for 6mm arc or even 6.5g along with cold hammer-forged chrome-lined say Noveske barrels. Or even proof carbon fiber. Take my money. I bet you that's easily a couple million in sales per year. Mostly because you'd be the only one doing it. Otte from in led we trust has been doing the MPX Barrel so I don't think it would be any type of legal issues.

Reactions: TonyBaphoney
Might check w/ Jarod at Parker Mountain Machine. He doesn't specifically list making new barrels but he does do some MCX barrel work and he's so diverse he might be able to help you out.

If I could get a Proof Research for the Virtus and if it would drop the 7.9lbs weight of the Patrol down to say 7.25lbs I'd put my Legacy up for sale on Gunbroker. That's the only thing that's been stopping me from a Virtus is the fact that my Legacy is 6lbs 9oz naked so the Virtus is 1.33lbs heavier and I don't have a need to heat cycle a suppressor up to 900° F of full auto and then meet accuracy requirements like Sig had to do for SOCOM during the SURG trials.

I found this thread while searching to see if there was a source for extensions and gas blocks- any new development? I'd love to spin up a 6.8spc and maybe a 458 socom.