• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Who's bought a car recently? (Last 30 days or less)

Cars insane in DFW area right now - lost 4 different cars in the last 2 wks because I didn't jump same day. Guess I don't need new ones that badly... Have a feeling the market will be in a very different place by the fall - not going to chase.

Reactions: 91Eunozs
Cars insane in DFW area right now - lost 4 different cars in the last 2 wks because I didn't jump same day. Guess I don't need new ones that badly... Have a feeling the market will be in a very different place by the fall - not going to chase.
Manufactures are changing the way they sell cars. The model is becoming much like how Tesla does it. The dealer will have models in the showroom to finger and a few to test drive then you'll place an order to your liking and wait for delivery. There will be some allocation you may be able to put a deposit on and not wait as long. But you're gonna wait. Keeps pricing for dealers much closer to MSRP and creates more profit for them instead of relying on the service department, trade ins, and the extras they sell you in financing. They've found buyers will tolerate this and it creates a on demand supply chain vs. volume model. There will be some inventory but not what we've seen in the past. Likely be this way for the next decade.

Reactions: Maggot
There is nothing new that interests me right now, or at least offered in the USA. I'm going in the opposite direction and looking for stuff made in the 80's and 90's by Toyota. Having something that you don't need a computer to trouble shoot a problem is becoming more appealing as time goes on.

Jefe: I think it's just less supply, plus rich are getting richer, and regular people still have credit to use. Buyers will tolerate anything and everything, until the money runs dry. I lay in wait.

Alpine: Nothing new interests me either, but driving much more since moving to TX, and current cars getting long in the tooth.

Reactions: Alpine 338
Took delivery on a Rav4 TRD Off Road today. Sold the Tacoma for $25,000 w/ 116,000 miles to the first serious buyer.

3.99% from Toyota.

Ooo, yeah, you got a decent deal because you are one of few that wanted a tall car.

It'll be interesting to see how it lasts compared to the Tacoma, along with the resale.

Manufactures are changing the way they sell cars. The model is becoming much like how Tesla does it. The dealer will have models in the showroom to finger and a few to test drive then you'll place an order to your liking and wait for delivery. There will be some allocation you may be able to put a deposit on and not wait as long. But you're gonna wait. Keeps pricing for dealers much closer to MSRP and creates more profit for them instead of relying on the service department, trade ins, and the extras they sell you in financing. They've found buyers will tolerate this and it creates a on demand supply chain vs. volume model. There will be some inventory but not what we've seen in the past. Likely be this way for the next decade.
Thats exactly what my friend who's a finance manager for the largest Toyota dealer in Virginia had to say. Congrats on your new one. I just drove to the range and back in my 2022 Corolla Hybrid. Now that its warmed up I averaged 58 m/p/g.

Sees hybrids are a smart compromise between IC and EV, Great mileage but no need for special charging stations.

Reactions: Jefe's Dope
Thats exactly what my friend who's a finance manager for the largest Toyota dealer in Virginia had to say. Congrats on your new one. I just drove to the range and back in my 2022 Corolla Hybrid. Now that its warmed up I averaged 58 m/p/g.

Sees hybrids are a smart compromise between IC and EV, Great mileage but no need for special charging stations.

I completely agree with your assessment. I have a new F150 but I mostly drive my Lexus Hybrid, got to love the 49 MPG.

Re: demise of dealership model

Tesla was a happy accident for the imbeciles who owned the stock, and no one else. If not for the rise of the leftist value set, corresponding virtue-signaling, and a corrupt government along with banking cartel to fund it all, the free market would've put Tesla out of business long before it converted its first Lotus.

The dealership model has long been a source of inefficiency, especially as cars have become more commoditized, but the removal of inefficiencies in all industries simply concentrates wealth in the hands of the very few. Regardless, it is gov't, not Tesla, that caused the shift - first through the systematic de-education of the populace, followed by the divide-and-conquer brainwashing, and culminating with the total corruption that enabled any "tesla" to exist.

Given all the preconditions, <insert greed vs auto unions here>:LOL:

While I'm sure that board rooms on down are pushing the genius of their supposed proactive "new model", the reality is that supply is constrained (also due to gov't), and resultant price competition has forced the reactive change.

Bought this today. One owner 40-year old vehicle with 124K original miles.

$_32 (5)~2.jpeg

Christmas week, I bought my first ever Jap car... 2011 Honda Accord. Buddy's wife died and he wanted rid of it.

Little old lady car with 60K on it. Bought it for nothing. Just ran it to OK and back... Not as comfy as my Ram, but getting 450 miles on a tank that costs me $45 - 50 to fill was just fine with me. And keeps the miles off a truck that will cost almost $90K to replace if one includes the V-plow. Screw that...

Also it's discreet, reliable... no GPS. No OnStar. Just blends in with everything. There is value in that, too.

Sirhr

Installed by Valentine One after a scare yesterday. There's fewer LE shooting RADAR these days, but it only takes one and I kinda have a lead foot.🥸

The iPhone camera set off the LASER detector. Was worried the RADAR for cruise control/frontal collision would interfere with it but some brief testing says otherwise.

IMG_0837.jpeg

Reactions: Alpine 338
Decided to replace my 2012 Highlander, 190K was starting to dime and quarter me. Started looking mid December new vehicle prices are crazy then add in dealer add-on items driving prices up from 2-4k. Got sick of it real fast going online seeing excellent price advertised then finding the actual price on the lot. Don't forget the dealer fee's are running upwards of another thousand! Started looking at Herts car sales (if it is rent to own it is coming out of the rental fleet (still $800. zip-me-fee). By word of mouth found a used dealer 200+ miles away with excellent inventory and no zip fees. Long story short, ended up with a 2022 Canyon pretty much hit everything on my want list and they took my Highlander in trade. I was up front with the sales guy about the Highlander, he appreciated my honesty and rewarded me with a excellent deal. Pulled a personal check out of my wallet did the paperwork OTD in 25, minutes!

AMSOIL: 0/20signature was put in the highlander within first 50 miles, changed yearly, no engine problems or oil leaks. With recent cost increases AMSOIL has priced themselves out of my budget for the new truck. Need Dexos oil anyways and AMSOIL is not listing this from what Ive read at their online web. Before AMSOIL I was a Mobile1 synthetic user seemed every oil change the product was being changed, new and improved. Then they went to a 4-quart container at the same price and i swore them off. Not sure what I'm going with YT, Project Farm has some good info.

Decided to replace my 2012 Highlander, 190K was starting to dime and quarter me. Started looking mid December new vehicle prices are crazy then add in dealer add-on items driving prices up from 2-4k. Got sick of it real fast going online seeing excellent price advertised then finding the actual price on the lot. Don't forget the dealer fee's are running upwards of another thousand! Started looking at Herts car sales (if it is rent to own it is coming out of the rental fleet (still $800. zip-me-fee). By word of mouth found a used dealer 200+ miles away with excellent inventory and no zip fees. Long story short, ended up with a 2022 Canyon pretty much hit everything on my want list and they took my Highlander in trade. I was up front with the sales guy about the Highlander, he appreciated my honesty and rewarded me with a excellent deal. Pulled a personal check out of my wallet did the paperwork OTD in 25, minutes!

AMSOIL: 0/20signature was put in the highlander within first 50 miles, changed yearly, no engine problems or oil leaks. With recent cost increases AMSOIL has priced themselves out of my budget for the new truck. Need Dexos oil anyways and AMSOIL is not listing this from what Ive read at their online web. Before AMSOIL I was a Mobile1 synthetic user seemed every oil change the product was being changed, new and improved. Then they went to a 4-quart container at the same price and i swore them off. Not sure what I'm going with YT, Project Farm has some good info.
Get an Amsoil Preferred Customer for $20. good for a year and gets you abut 20-25% off.

Averaging close to 32 MPGs overall so far.

This morning's commute. Not a hybrid.
IMG_0963.jpeg

Averaging close to 32 MPGs overall so far.

This morning's commute. Not a hybrid.
View attachment 8119878
Good for you. I picked out a 2018 off lease Rav 4 last year for my wife. Coming from a 2009 honda civc, she absolutely loves it. Myself in 2019 I picked up a off lease 2017 Camry xle V6, great highway cruiser, unbelievably gets around 30 mpg.
You already know about Toyota reliability, so I don't have to mention that. Congrats again on a wise choice. 👍

Picked up a 2023 Hyundai Kona for our daughter a couple weeks ago. Paid MSRP, but got 0% interest, with zero down.

Took the money we were gonna use to pay cash on a gently used car for almost exactly the same price, and socked it away in a CD earning 4.5%

Reactions: SilentStalkr
2002, 38K miles, $18K

Rich

Attachments

• 95473CA3-8366-4839-B917-43A87DCE3037.jpeg
    95473CA3-8366-4839-B917-43A87DCE3037.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 23
305072826_10102612823911807_7337702701351068711_n.jpg

Flew out East last week to pick this one up. Imported from Dubai last year. Has a bunch of features that were never offered to the USA market, for example manual transmission and Sub-tank.

KIMG0160.JPG

Unfortunately, I broke down in North Platte, Nebraska with severe vibration in the drivetrain. Spent several hours sliding around on a piece of cardboard underneath it in the hotel parking lot, and without tools, you can only do so much. Rented a U-Haul, and dropped it off at Slee in Golden, Colorado to have it repaired, along with a full service including rebuild of front and rear differentials.

KIMG0161.JPG

Most likely this part is causing the problem...

21806.jpeg