• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Who's running a Defiance Tenacity?

Brandon H.

Private
Minuteman
Jul 21, 2018
Plant City, FL
Anyone running a Tenacity action? How do you like it, and what are your complaints if any? Cant find too much about it online.

Do they work ok with TT Diamond triggers? Is the cocking piece replaceable if i wanted to time the trigger?

anyone have pics of the bolt design, or know if the bolt is designed similar to the Bighorn Origin? I hear the origin has different cocking pieces that can be ordered to time trigger.

Im after a smooth and durable action.

I handled @just browsing ’s Tenacity the other day. It gives up basically nothing to my impact in terms of smoothness. I actually liked the bolt lift on it more. Slightly heavier than impact but a little smoother too.

Reactions: Brandon H.
I’ve got a tenacity with a TriggerTech diamond trigger and it’s flawless in operation. The specs are spot on and there’s prefit shouldered barrels available for them. The only thing I would say is it’s stainless and the bolt isn’t but it doesn’t affect anything. I wanted a shiny action but if you don’t you’ll need to get it nitride coated. The bighorn origin is less expensive and it comes with a black coating. The trigger timing thing doesn’t apply to the tenacity TT diamond combination unless I’m mistaken because mine works fine. Since you brought it up, I might get my old timing light out and make sure.
The last time I looked there’s a few places that still sells the older model tenacity with a pinned recoil lug like the origin has. I wouldn’t buy anything with a pinned recoil lug when there’s actions available with a integral recoil lug. One less place for a problem. Both actions have their place but I prefer the tenacity. Good luck and happy shooting 👍

I’ve got a tenacity with a TriggerTech diamond trigger and it’s flawless in operation. The specs are spot on and there’s prefit shouldered barrels available for them. The only thing I would say is it’s stainless and the bolt isn’t but it doesn’t affect anything. I wanted a shiny action but if you don’t you’ll need to get it nitride coated. The bighorn origin is less expensive and it comes with a black coating. The trigger timing thing doesn’t apply to the tenacity TT diamond combination unless I’m mistaken because mine works fine. Since you brought it up, I might get my old timing light out and make sure.
The last time I looked there’s a few places that still sells the older model tenacity with a pinned recoil lug like the origin has. I wouldn’t buy anything with a pinned recoil lug when there’s actions available with a integral recoil lug. One less place for a problem. Both actions have their place but I prefer the tenacity. Good luck and happy shooting 👍

Haha @ the timing light. When i first read about it i thought the same.

Reactions: jcmullis2
Haha @ the timing light. When i first read about it i thought the same.
I believe you meant bolt timing as you referred to replacing the bolt handle. If you change out the entire handle it’ll need to be timed. Since the tenacity doesn’t use a trigger hanger there’s no changing the trigger timing or need to.

I believe you meant bolt timing as you referred to replacing the bolt handle. If you change out the entire handle it’ll need to be timed. Since the tenacity doesn’t use a trigger hanger there’s no changing the trigger timing or need to.

I believe they may be referring to the amount of sear engagement. I don't have the Tenacity, but I do have two nitrided Deviants. I had two TT Diamonds but switched them out to Bix N Andy because I felt the bolt lift was a little too heavy with TT. At the advice of a member here I made the switch and it made a very big difference.

I believe they may be referring to the amount of sear engagement. I don't have the Tenacity, but I do have two nitrided Deviants. I had two TT Diamonds but switched them out to Bix N Andy because I felt the bolt lift was a little too heavy with TT. At the advice of a member here I made the switch and it made a very big difference.
So The first part I bought this build was the TT diamond, but since you said that I looked into it I wish I got the Bix n andy because of the different sear height options. Thats basically exactly what im after since these actions wont have trigger hangers.

Do you have a Diamond on any other actions to compare to the Bix? Curious to know how the trigger compares because i might sell this one.

So The first part I bought this build was the TT diamond, but since you said that I looked into it I wish I got the Bix n andy because of the different sear height options. Thats basically exactly what im after since these actions wont have trigger hangers.

Do you have a Diamond on any other actions to compare to the Bix? Curious to know how the trigger compares because i might sell this one.

I have the TT Diamond on my Vudoo. I like it a lot and I also hate selling things online, so I kept it and made use of it. To be clear the bolt lift with the TT wasn't what I would consider horrible. There is a very noticeable difference with the Bix N Andy which is why I made the switch. I have a shooting buddy that has a Deviant Elite with the TT Diamond and he likes it. That is until he cycled my bolt and compared it to his.

There’s literally no difference between the pinned and integral versions in terms of performance or reliability. Not sure what you’re inferring as “one less place for a problem,” but pretty much the entire purpose of a pinned or integral lug is to make it easier to time the barrel. Non-pinned versions can spin/be difficult to clock at the 6 o’clock position when a barrel is torqued.

I agree in that integral lugs are the way of the future, but wanted to clarify that the“older Tenacity with pinned lug” is in no way inferior to the current one. If you can find the old one for a better deal, there are absolutely no drawbacks to jumping on it.

I was inferring that the pinned lug is a separate part for something to go wrong. Fewer parts=less problems. If you’ve never had a problem with a recoil lug before that’s wonderful. When you do you’ll better understand. Here’s another issue with a pinned tenacity, no prefit barrels either. I can click a few times on the interweb and get a shouldered barrel that has no headspace issues and with the pinned tenacity you’ll be packing it off to wherever for however long. Try getting your action back if the place goes out of business or bankrupt. Pinned tenacity actions are great actions but I wouldn’t buy one when a action with a integral lug is available.

True about the prefits. Guess that could be a deterrent for some, though I don’t look at that as big of an issue as some make it out to be.

I’d also like to know about some of these specific issues with recoil lugs that you speak of. And I don’t mean cheap Rem or Savage lugs - have definitely seen those - but pinned lugs from custom action manufacturers (Defiance, ARC, I’m sure there are others)? What specifically goes wrong with the lugs that could not/does not go wrong with integral actions?

What bix n andy did you go with?