• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Who's still making a fixed 6x scope?

Hondo64d

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 12, 2006
The Big Country
The only ones I have found are:

-IOR
-Leupold - Hunting only, but can be had with turrets and some reticle options via custom shop.
-Schmidt & Bender - Hunting style only.
-Sightron - Hunting Style Only.
-SWFA SS
-Weaver - K6, Hunting Style Only.

Who have I missed?

John

Re: Who's still making a fixed 6x scope?

I think meopta and zeiss used to as well as kahles. In this day and age when variables are plentiful and dependable I don't see much merit in a fixed power unless it has some quality at its price point you can't get in a variable.

Thanks. I failed to specify, but looking for a bigger objective, maybe 36 to 42mm.

John

The S&B 6x can be fitted with target turrets with .1 mil clicks or .2 mil clics. On the .2 mil click version ZS BDC cams with click pr 100m can be ordered. The cam for 146gr 7.62NATO ball has clicks to 800m in less than one turn. This setup is unbeatable in total darkness compared to mil-clicks.

TorF,

Thanks for the info. Are the S&B target turrets rugged enough for tactical play and hunting?

Thanks,

John

It's a low profile tactical turret. It's identical to the "precision hunter" turrets.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hondo64d</div><div class="ubbcode-body">TorF,

Thanks for the info. Are the S&B target turrets rugged enough for tactical play and hunting?

Thanks,

John </div></div>

I would say YES - its a Schmidt & Bender!!

Lupy makes a 6X42 FX3 target/sil scope with target turrents and with capped knobs.

Gonna have to look into the S&B and see what they'll charge to have their tactical turrets installed on a 6x42. Appreciate all the replies guys.

John