• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Who's your tooling supplier

Matabele

Private
Minuteman
Jul 20, 2010
Hi all,

I'm just wondering who your go to tool and equipment suppliers are for things like end mills, precision measuring equipment and general shop tools? We naturally have suppliers in South Africa but I'd like to investigate and see if it might be cheaper to import from the US.

Thanks!

Enco and MSC is who I use. For me, if I order it before 4 pm, I get it the next day. I make my large item purchases when they have their 30% or even 40% off sales.

I have zero clue about importing stuff like that to your location though.

+1 on MSC they aways get what I need to me within 2 days. I can't complain and after the excess shipping and handling that Enco tacks on I can most times get it cheaper from MSC too.

I have used MSC and ENCO. I would lean toward MSC just because I had a order with ENCO canceled because the shipping and billing address were different. After waiting over a week I called and talked to some lay in CS that was not very pleasant. I ended up having to go through and reorder everything which took awhile as I was ordering around 25-30 items.

Thanks for the replies guys, appreciate it. I had a look at MSC and they seem to carry most things at a decent price too.

I have used MSC and ENCO. I would lean toward MSC just because I had a order with ENCO canceled because the shipping and billing address were different. After waiting over a week I called and talked to some lay in CS that was not very pleasant. I ended up having to go through and reorder everything which took awhile as I was ordering around 25-30 items.

Should have been able to log into your account and make a duplicate order of the canceled one.

I'd be VERY surprised if the order was canceled after the confirmation without some sort of notice. I get an instant email "order acknowledgement" then a bit later I get an email "order confirmation" with shipping tracking number. This is exactly the same for Enco and MSC.

I didn't make an account. I just called in and ordered the tools over the phone the first time. I had a list of tools on a paper with the part numbers so just called it in.