• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Whose 35mm scope rings do you use? Poll...

pklin1297

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 10, 2008
Fontana, CA
Hopefully this Poll Manager successfully adds my poll. Just wondering what 35mm Rings you guys are using. Any comments you guys have about what you use is welcomed, but I'm not looking to debate which is better, just wondering what are being used. Thanks.

Re: Whose 35mm scope rings do you use? Poll...

I prefer Seekins just because they are smooth sided and dont have the "nut" hanging off the side.

While I prefer Seekins, I use IOR/V-Tacs with my USO 5-25. They are the lowest 35mm rings I could find.

I have a 3.2-17 TPAL 44mm objective/35mm tube coming so am researching what rings to get.It will go on a Howa with EGW 20 MOA rail, in probably a B&C Medalist A2 stock for now. The V-Tacs does seem to be the lowest possible at I believe 0.950" base to middle of ring (sobrbiker883 please correct me if I'm wrong). I do like Seekins and the non-snag design, but my rifle will mostly be shot from bench so that won't be too much of an advantage.

By the way, the TPS, IOR and Vortex rings all look very similar, if not the same and just badged differently... Are they all made by TPS?

I don't remember the math, but IOR/Vtacs are lower than that (convert 17.5mm to inches and add .250" to get base to centerline height of the IOR/VTacs).

IOR and TPS are similar, but definitely not made by the same folks. TPS are better finish machined, and run 7/16" nuts, IOR's are 1/2" (among other differences). No clue on Vortex rings.....

Thanks sobrbiker883! With the figures you gave me the height came out to be about 0.939"...

My Vortex badged rings are either made by Seekins or they're a damn good copy.
grin.gif

John

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jrob300</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My Vortex badged rings are either made by Seekins or they're a damn good copy.
grin.gif

John </div></div>

Seekins Makes the Vortex rings.Matter of fact,if anyone has a set of unmarked Seekins 35mm rings they want to trade for Vortex marked brand new,PM me.

Thanks guys
smile.gif

We are making the rings for Vortex, so they arent a copy, they are the real thing and still hand serial numbered by us..They come off of the same batch as the others.

We are in process of assembling about 400 sets of rings, so next week we will fill everyone back up.

Our prices did change a little bit. This year we grew huge and overhead went tripple (at least). Monday 2 more guys are starting and Al and I will be taking over the phones and all customer service. My sister that has been answering the phone is going back to school to get edgeumecated...if they can
smile.gif

Thanks
smile.gif

TPS Rings have held zero no problems..

-Juanjo

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: heatseekins</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We are making the rings for Vortex, so they arent a copy, they are the real thing and still hand serial numbered by us</div></div>

Glen,

I'm sorry about that... my bad attempt at humor, in writing, on a forum. You'd think I'd learn.

Scott @ Liberty told me that you made them, as if it wasn't obvious.
wink.gif
I love mine. Thanks for making a very high quality, innovative product.

And I'm glad that your business is doing well!

John

Seekins by 43%... May have to get me a pair when funds are ready.
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Papagrizzly</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You left out Badger and Barrett, both top of the line rings. I have both. </div></div>

you must have forged your own if you have them in 35mm. Neither of those guys make that size ring.

Seekins for all my rings 35mm or not....

Glen makes a great product no matter what he does and this is why we are having him make rings for us. I personally have run Seekin's rings since the first pair I ever had and I have never had an issue what so ever.

Scott

The only place I found 35mm rings in stock in the height I wanted was ARC.

Seekins rings with a riser and now a LaRue LT-104 with 35mm rings on an AR

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Voyagertwelve</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Who makes the Vortex HD rings? I thought it was Badger </div></div>Our steel rings are Badger Ordnance and the aluminum are Seekins.

Scott

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scott_at_Vortex</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Voyagertwelve</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Who makes the Vortex HD rings? I thought it was Badger </div></div>Our steel rings are Badger Ordnance and the aluminum are Seekins.

Scott

</div></div>

Thanks, Scott

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Papagrizzly</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You left out Badger and Barrett, both top of the line rings. I have both. </div></div>

you must have forged your own if you have them in 35mm. Neither of those guys make that size ring. </div></div>

Oh really? I've got a set of Badger Ordnance on my .338 Lapua. They're aluminum alloy, the steel ones haven't came out yet.

http://www.triadtactical.com/Badger-Max-Alloy-Rings-306-130-Extra-High1.375-35mm.html

I have the standard and the quick release from IOR, I prefer the standards because their quick release style of handles are not suited for combat situations.

We should all realizes that this poll is flawed because doesn't take into accout those of use who received our rings with the scope purchase, which could have a very large bearing our decision to use over having to pay a lot for one we might have prefered.

I wouldn't say the poll is flawed. Seekins rings are excellent and are the clear winner.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boone</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Some one makes rings other than Seekins? Ya don't say...</div></div>
+1 for seekins, have the on my vortex

just recieved .9" 35mm rings from murphy precision (titanium) for my IOR 1-10x26

They just head over IOR 35mm steel rings which came with the scope...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stickbow</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You forgot Aadland rings </div></div>

Yea, as expensive as they are, they are problably the best rings money can buy.

I didn't see Badger rings in the poll either. They are one of the most popular as well.

You can't go wrong with Aadland, Seekins or Badger. Anything else is uncivilized
smile.gif

-Sv