• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

whut do you guys think?

good old lee

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 19, 2011
ct
im getting a Savage custom 10 fcp in 30-06 with McMillan stock, bsa scope (going on a .22)and a Harris bi-pod for....$1200 with only 50 rounds trough it!
im just wondering whut you guys think

Re: whut do you guys think?

Think
mad.gif
I dont waste whats left of my feeble little mind thinking.

It will probably shoot just fine but it won't move real fast if you ever have to sell it and you will probably have to lose a decent amount (Maybe a lot)if you had to sell it again.
Just not a real hot seller.
The caliber is great but not a hot seller either.
.....SmokeRolls

thanks guys
and I dont think ill be selling it anytime soon...its the 2nd true "sniper" rifle Ive ever boughten

whut would you guys recommend for a good optic that is under $1200 witch would go good* with the rifle
*at least like a Leupold rifleman
p.s it will mainly be used for 500yds to 1000+yds "sniper" competitions

What do I think? Three things:
1. Shoot it.
2. Shoot it some more.
3. Keep shooting it.

Edit: What price range are you looking at for the optic and what will you be doing primarily with the rifle?

If you plan on shooting out that far I would suggest a Luepold MK IV. A good scope for the money. I have two of them and have been pleased. The Savage is a good value gun. My first tactical rifle was a Savage 10 in 308. It shoots fine for hunting and target practice but if you are going to compete from 500 to 1000 yards the Savage will come significantly shy of the competitors' rifles. Like Nachtadler wrote, shoot, shoot more and keep shooting it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: good old lee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">im getting a Savage custom 10 fcp in 30-06 with McMillan stock, bsa scope (going on a .22)and a Harris bi-pod for....$1200 with only 50 rounds trough it!
im just wondering whut you guys think </div></div>

Savage Arms 10FCP McMillan Price: $1178 Suggested Retail (Street price should be a bit less)

Well even if you paid MSRP you got $80 bi-pods for $20 but really I think you over paid by at least $100 if not more. Cool gun though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: good old lee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">whut would you guys recommend for a good optic that is under $1200 witch would go good* with the rifle
*at least like a Leupold rifleman
p.s it will mainly be used for 500yds to 1000+yds "sniper" competitions </div></div>
My first choice would be a NightForce 5.5x22x50 or 56 if you can find one in that price range in good shape.
My second choice would be a Leupold Tactical LR (long range)which is now called Mark 4 but they are both the same thing in 3.5x10x 40 or 4.5x14x50. These will serve you well.
I have a Leupold Tactical LR in great shape and I have a good price on it to boot as well if you are interested. I no longer need it (Sold the rifle it went on).
Here is the thread with the Tacticle LR with the Duplex.

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2222339#Post2222339
.....SmokeRolls