• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Why all the retarded new double barrel guns???

GunKnowledge

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 31, 2011
Tempe, AZ
www.gunknowledge.com
http://www.guns.com/gilboa-snake-double-barreled-ar-15-8752.html

Officially dubbed the Gilboa Snake by Israeli manufacturer Silver Shadow, we finally have some solid details about this double-barreled AR-15-based rifle. Strictly speaking, it's more of a Personal Defense Weapon (PDW)-type Short-Barreled Rifle (SBR). The Snake is most notable for its twin 9.5-inch barrels and large matching compensators with jagged standoff teeth, but it should be noted that it's also piston-driven.

Re: Why all the retarded new double barrel guns???

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KSwift</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://www.guns.com/gilboa-snake-double-barreled-ar-15-8752.html

Officially dubbed the Gilboa Snake by Israeli manufacturer Silver Shadow, we finally have some solid details about this double-barreled AR-15-based rifle. Strictly speaking, it's more of a Personal Defense Weapon (PDW)-type Short-Barreled Rifle (SBR). The Snake is most notable for its twin 9.5-inch barrels and large matching compensators with jagged standoff teeth, but it should be noted that it's also piston-driven. </div></div>

It's like I've always said. If one thing is certain ... the world is full of idiots. All it takes is an idiot with MONEY to make a bad decision. Look at all of the failed products on the market today.

Every gun designer has pipe dreams of being the next John Moses Browning or Eugene Stoner. The problem is ... until they come up with an original idea it will never happen. Look at all of the failed firearms on the market today that were grossly over-hyped by the popular gun 'rags'. The Chiappa Rhino comes to mind. In that instance ... I think I'll stick with my S&W J Frames.

For every dumb product there are 10 idiots standing in line to buy it

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: catronro</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For every dumb product there are 10 idiots standing in line to buy it </div></div>

No truer words. Put it in a movie and that number will increase exponentially.

I like that in the pictures it also wears two lights and two lasers I guess to make clear to anyone with sense that its completely ridiculous. 10lbs and 4-5" wide does not make for a PDW either.

Ha ha ha!! The blacked out ninja in the article pretty much says it all...not to mention the DUAL LASERS mounted at 3 & 9 o'clock on the rail. Ridiculous.

I also find it useful to leave my dual weapon lights on in broad daylight if for no other reason than to alert others of my 'tacticalness'...

That was no ninja, he was just to embarrassed to show his face.

is it stamped "red jacket" anywhere?

After reading this article I ran to my garage and through use of all of my tacticoolness I duct taped my 1911 to the side of my AR, superglued a kitchen knife to the underside, and tied a car headlight to the barrel. I then stripped to my multicam underwear, donned my newly fashioned camo bedsheet cape, and rushed out the door and onward to greatness...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cwillits505</div><div class="ubbcode-body">After reading this article I ran to my garage and through use of all of my tacticoolness I duct taped my 1911 to the side of my AR, superglued a kitchen knife to the underside, and tied a car headlight to the barrel. I then stripped to my multicam underwear, donned my newly fashioned camo bedsheet cape, and rushed out the door and onward to greatness... </div></div>

Your arresting officer is gonna have the story of the month
smile.gif

I don't know, I guess I'm in agreement with the article. I don't feel negative about it, but I wouldn't want to depend on one and I wouldn't pay for one either. I do think it is an interesting design; I like stuff like that if for nothing else the innovation.

Wanna see some ridiculous designs? Go to the Infantry Museum at Ft. Benning at look at the OICW's. One was a huge beast (most were huge beasts) that fired long brass 6mm rounds with either bullets that broke apart into three pieces, or saboted flechettes. But it was the semi auto grenade launcher built into it that really weighed it down.

Still, those were some of the coolest things in the whole museum. And the prototype for the M4 was there too, similar to what was adopted but with a huge SAW style handguard.

They had a G11 and an all rubber covered "indestructible" rifle that went up against the M4 too. I actually wouldn't mind having that one.

Not using two AR designs and something more original that fed from the same mag and was sort of over under would be more useful though, in my opinion.

The two lasers and two flashlights was very ridiculous, and I bet that is what leads to more negative opinions. It does sort of lend an air of mall ninja to it. BTW, Red Jacket did do something similar to this if I recall, and it WAS two AR's taped together!

I doubt there is anyone on here that wouldn't like to at least shoot one though. I mean come on, it is KIND of cool, no?

Its the ugly flip side to the current buying craze. I can just see the buyer of this at my club beating off about his new snake eyes and crapping on someones LMT and GAP-10 as less than his wonder gun.

I'm all for more gun ownership but make that responsible gun ownership. My club has recently had to make policy concerning slide fire devices because so many are showing up to throw bullets all over the place without regard to where they will go. I live in MA and though my gun club is liberal with allowing us the freedom to do what we want to do everything outside the perimeter of the club property is still MA. I give the club Kudos for at least setting a policy to qualify people to use their slide fires but really how do you qualify someone in a slide fire "You completely missed the target - you are good to go!"

Obama's buying wave is great for getting people into the sport but if these newbys ball it up buying Snake eyes, double barrel 1911's, the Rhino, the Judge and .380's they expect to shoot at 50 yards there could be a bad backlash.

Just a note - I'm not for the gov having any say in what can or cant be bought for guns. If someone wants to buy crap so be it, but I'd feel alot safer on the line next to a guy with his quality, well designed gun and not some gimmick.

More than one shot fired per pull of the trigger makes it a machine gun, doesn't it? Legally speaking, I mean.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RoosterShooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Look at all of the failed products on the market today.

</div></div>

Bushmaster ACR

laugh.gif

It would be cooler if one side had an electric guitar so that way you could jam out while slaying your enemies.. just saying.....
But the only real reason I can see a company producing this rifle would be to get their name out there. On another side note, how many idiots jumped off castle walls with canvas bird wings b4 the Wright brothers made there first flight?

Did u all see the link for $95K 308 AR at the bottom of the article, talk about INSANE.
http://www.guns.com/nemo-arms-hundred-thousand-dollar-titanium-rifle-ar-10-6979.html

I wouldnt mind shooting one.
On another note its israeli, so I think a better sales add would be one strapped to one of the nice ladies on the beach.

Sending two Jihadists to paradise at a time.

during 1ww someone in italy employed a similar abortion,named Villar-Perosa double light machine-gun,cal.9mm Glisenti,if I don't go wrong_at the time,we have problems with the single rifle,go figure with a twin lmg,born to aerial combat(!)and issued in some specimens, as personal weapon, to "Arditi" ground assault troops_ I don't argue about "retarded",but I'm in disaccord about "new"_

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bedlam</div><div class="ubbcode-body">More than one shot fired per pull of the trigger makes it a machine gun, doesn't it? Legally speaking, I mean.
</div></div>

This was my first thought also.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: windermike</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bedlam</div><div class="ubbcode-body">More than one shot fired per pull of the trigger makes it a machine gun, doesn't it? Legally speaking, I mean.
</div></div>

This was my first thought also. </div></div>

My first thought was wondering what the kick felt like shooting 2 5.56 simultaneously. Then again 2x0 is still 0 lol

I have a different take. On the surface it seems silly, but there might be some advantages if weight could be managed.

The rifle could be timed so that the barrels only shoot one round each at a time (one right then one left) with the BCGs creating opposing forces it could decrease recoil like the Russian rifle with the counterweight connected to the BCG. This type operation could also give it the same rate of fire as a regular carbine with half the heat on each barrel, similar to how the mini gun manages heat. Which in turn should give it 2X longer sustained FA action. I dont think the new HK can do that.

It would be really cool if each barrel recoiled with the bolt like a two barreled bofors "pom, pom" gun.

mall ninja approved

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cwillits505</div><div class="ubbcode-body">After reading this article I ran to my garage and through use of all of my tacticoolness I duct taped my 1911 to the side of my AR, superglued a kitchen knife to the underside, and tied a car headlight to the barrel. I then stripped to my multicam underwear, donned my newly fashioned camo bedsheet cape, and rushed out the door and onward to greatness... </div></div>

Pics or it didn't happen!

All this thing needs is a blowoff valve to make it sound cooler when it shoots, tricked out and pimped out dawg.

C'mon now guys, deep down in places you don't want to admit, that's a pretty nasty rifle.

1 squeeze = 1 double tap

hell i say make a semi auto 12 ga the same set up.

of course you have to double your ammo fund or cut trigger time in half...

siamese zombies...they are out there.

It's so that the idiots that have too much money to spend can miss their 25 yard targets twice as often, twice as fast.

the ops dissing the dual lasers are missing the point. the dual lasers message to your target that you have two barrels on them and they should be double scared.
wink.gif

excellent concept gun.

yeah the dual laser thing is well, silly. 1 barrel zeroed / sighted, the other barrel to make an extra hole in close proximity to the other - that's about it. fmj in one mag, TAP or hollowpoints in the other mag.