• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Why America is out of ammunition.

gwood

Private
Minuteman
Oct 11, 2020

Sorry, but that article is so completely off base I don't even know where to begin. Smdh...

I dont see a problem. China will sell it to us with free shipping.

Read through the bio of the person who does this.

Embassy staffer. Climate change and sustainable development. Zero business operating experience. The days when Roosevelt called the head of GM in to re-arm the country seem to be behind us.

Embassy staffer. Climate change and sustainable development. Zero business operating experience. The days when Roosevelt called the head of GM in to re-arm the country seem to be behind us.

Just reading her “qualifications” gave me a headache.

Doomers and millennials are hoarding and we be supplying the world. Everyone else comes 6th in this equation.

Reactions: BCP
The author of the article linked in the OP seems to have forgotten to take his Adderall. The main focus of the article appears to be based on this report from the GAO to Congress, dated 10/2023:
"DEFENSE INDUSTRIAL BASE
DOD Needs Better Insight into Risks from Mergers and Acquisitions"
gao.gov pdf

The Lake City Ammunition Plant aspect, and how that contract affects civilian ammo supplies in the US, is an entirely different issue.

Reactions: MarinePMI
America is out of ammo because idiots keep posting the same thread about how america is running out of ammo and trying to create panic buying.

Go to gun store. Look at ammo shelf.
I don't need to look on any shelf because I don't need ammo. The author makes some points about the industry and contractors ect and the way the DOD doesn't even monitor who these outfits are that are doing mergers 400 times a year. If he's wrong, then where did he go wrong and why?

Some ammo on the shelves now isn't really the issue either. The whole idea may not even be a sound one but the point is that we now are looking at supplying multiple wars for a long period and we don't know who even is behind the contractors who are supposed to be able to fill the need IN THE FUTURE, of which will definitely be needed. It's not about some ammo being on the shelves at bass pro right now after years of basically nothing. How long will it take for what's on the shelf to be gone? How long will it take to resupply those shelves? Well we don't know do we?

Just reading her “qualifications” gave me a headache.
That's the other major concern or the bigger concern even. Look at the absolute incompetent and corrupt people in place throughout government. Does anyone, even dimwhits have even a tiny bit of confidence that any of these people can get anything in order if we do need it? It always starts at the top and our "top" can't even keep from crapping his pants. I'd say at a minimum, we damn sure have some things to be concerned about supplying munitions of all sizes. These idiots are more concerned with how many genders they can come up with.

I don't need to look on any shelf because I don't need ammo. The author makes some points about the industry and contractors ect and the way the DOD doesn't even monitor who these outfits are that are doing mergers 400 times a year. If he's wrong, then where did he go wrong and why?

Some ammo on the shelves now isn't really the issue either. The whole idea may not even be a sound one but the point is that we now are looking at supplying multiple wars for a long period and we don't know who even is behind the contractors who are supposed to be able to fill the need IN THE FUTURE, of which will definitely be needed. It's not about some ammo being on the shelves at bass pro right now after years of basically nothing. How long will it take for what's on the shelf to be gone? How long will it take to resupply those shelves? Well we don't know do we?
Eat a snickers dude

Eat a snickers dude
Oh I'm good, thank you. I'm not sure why you read my post as me freaking out or something.... I'm not one of these guys who wait too late to buy components and ammo. I'm all good no matter what happens to the supply... that's kind of the point of stocking up and loading my own...

I simply asked "where and how the guy who wrote the article got it wrong?"

Reactions: jrassy
Bring back the lead mines and smelters.

China has us by the balls selling us lead. EPA makes it impossible to mine or refine locally.
Trouble is, that shit is really polluting. I know of a beautiful little river in northern New Mexico that glows yellow green like antifreeze, from the molybyum tailing leeching into it. You dont want it leeching into the water, or dust into the air.

Trouble is, that shit is really polluting. I know of a beautiful little river in northern New Mexico that glows yellow green like antifreeze, from the molybyum tailing leeching into it. You dont want it leeching into the water, or dust into the air.

And there's processes now to prevent that.

The problem is that the EPA is basically 100% fail on anything lead related no matter how clean it can be.

So we just let the Chinese pollute everything with zero emotions controls.

I stopped buying factory ammo a while ago so it's not my fault . if you had asked why there were almost no primers , powder and bullets I would have a harder time admitting I am a dirty dirty hoarder ... :oops:🫣

America is not out of ammunition. The title of the article should be, "Why Do Democrats Keep Trying To Destroy America".

They are banning lead, ruining steel production, destroying mining, getting rid of oil and gas production, ruining manufacturing in all industries, trying to ban the 2nd Amendment, making purchasing commercial ammunition expensive and impractical and doing everything possible to put Chinese communists and foreign scum in charge of everything.

It is all part of the Soros plan to destroy the best place on earth.

LOL! Roosevelt didn't call the head of GM in to re-arm the country.

Go read "Freedom's Forge" to understand what really happened, leading up to the US involvement in WWII. Most of what is taught today about "American's sleeping industrial base, waking up to defeat the Axis powers" is highly revisionists (no surprise). Most have never even heard of Bill Knudsen, or the story of how he saved America's ass, in spite of FDR's attempt to control private business. Nevermind ever being taught about the proverbial (and idiotic Army plan) of "M-Day", that was completely pie in the sky, pollyanna political bullshit at the time.

Well if it's not correct, then tell us where and why.
Well for one, it completely ignores DFAR 5000. Which is really the crux of the problem (and partly why you have a $200 hammer, due to all the "required supporting documentation").

When a military/government controls what profits a company can make, which then kills drive for innovation, then complains that when it does get innovation, that it costs too much (often pointing at Apple apps for example, that cost $5, versus govt software that costs $2500 a year in license fees), but has a user base that's less than 1% of the population...then you get the finger pointing and insinuation that Defense contractors are holding the government over a barrel, and "trying to get rich".

The author of that article clearly has an axe to grind, or villain to portray.

Well for one, it completely ignores DFAR 5000. Which is really the crux of the problem (and partly why you have a $200 hammer, due to all the "required supporting documentation").

When a military/government controls what profits a company can make, which then kills drive for innovation, then complains that when it does get innovation, that it costs too much (often pointing at Apple apps for example, that cost $5, versus govt software that costs $2500 a year in license fees), but has a user base that's less than 1% of the population...then you get the finger pointing and insinuation that Defense contractors are holding the government over a barrel, and "trying to get rich".

Everyone - read this twice.

Looks around, sees enough ammo to last a really really long time.

CFR bitch, the same org that has gotten us into most bullshit wars, exported our industrial base and destroyed the power of the US.

Yes Bitch, keep talking.

Ok, that's what I was looking for. This kind of accusation and the like get made a lot and there's some truth to them a lot too, but at the same time, it's not as simple as it's made out as to why this whole issue even exists. Yeah I think the author does have an axe to grind here, and I have some pretty good experience with DOD as well as contractor supplying to DOD so I was just looking for some legitimate input about it.

Reactions: MarinePMI
LOL! Roosevelt didn't call the head of GM in to re-arm the country.

Go read "Freedom's Forge" to understand what really happened, leading up to the US involvement in WWII. Most of what is taught today about "American's sleeping industrial base, waking up to defeat the Axis powers" is highly revisionists (no surprise). Most have never even heard of Bill Knudsen, or the story of how he saved America's ass, in spite of FDR's attempt to control private business. Nevermind ever being taught about the proverbial (and idiotic Army plan) of "M-Day", that was completely pie in the sky, pollyanna political bullshit at the time.

Just about everything concerning fdr taught in school is pie in the sky revisionist bs. They make him out to be some hero and the dude was damn near a commie. He was always my grandmother's most complained about person in US history . (She taught school for 35 years and was very smart and very conservative, so even back then she fought the curriculum regularly )

Near commie? That crippled fuck was full on commie...probally had some of stalins cum in his ass when he was buried. Not like he would felt it anyway.

Reactions: Stevo86
The " $200 hammer" is part of a tool set, nor an individual hammer. This myth igets regurgitated every so often but no one verifies it.

The two big reasons ammo is short on the civilian market is government priority contracts and people saying by ammo when it's on the shelf. An example is Sierra Bullets sets up production for 77 SMK. They make what the government ordered for the year then what their customers order for production, then bullets to sell. If they need to shift production to the next bullet they stop after contracts are filled.

Funny enough there are a few $200 hammers being sold on line now. One is a framing hammer, not sure why it is so great compared to others; another is a craftsman's soft copper hammer.

Funny enough there are a few $200 hammers being sold on line now. One is a framing hammer, not sure why it is so great compared to others; another is a craftsman's soft copper hammer.

Stiletto?

They're bad ass. I know more than one framer that switched and elbow issues went away.

But yes, it's like a mechanic buying snap-on instead of Pittsburg. They usually do the same job, but one of them actually feels nice to use.

Stiletto?

They're bad ass. I know more than one framer that switched and elbow issues went away.

But yes, it's like a mechanic buying snap-on instead of Pittsburg. They usually do the same job, but one of them actually feels nice to use.
Had to look, that's the one they're talking about.

Oddly, most of the tools I use on ship's are Pittsburgh. The garage at home is mostly old Craftsman tools from Sears. No tears if a Pittsburgh ratchet goes over the side.

Actually the stiletto hammer has been around for many years now and it's been around $200 , well, since I was framing which has been well over 20 years now. Fun fact