• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

WHY are there so many RCBS Chargemasters for sale?

Replacing them with Auto trickler is my guess. V4's are shipping.

Having both on the bench & yeah I'm thinking of selling the Charge Master. For now I'll keep it since it's nice to have 2 powders ready to run, but the CM sucks compaired to the V4. I'll probably replace it for a quality powder throw set up.

Happy CM-1500 owner since 2005, so I’ll keep it until it breaks.

I recently looked at the Master, but they’re up over $900.

Chris

I’ve got an older one (12yo) that I’d like to keep and then upgrade to a newer one just to see. I read somewhere the newer models have better internals (unsure if true) but a second one would speed up my loading time for certain calibers

I have a Match Master because with mil vet discount it was much more affordable, its an all in one package, and it seems to be quite precise and accurate. And it was in stock and easily orderable. I'm personally happy with this product.

I have a Match Master because with mil vet discount it was much more affordable, its an all in one package, and it seems to be quite precise and accurate. And it was in stock and easily orderable. I'm personally happy with this product.
maybe replacing the charge master with the Match Master.
If you can get a few bucks out of your older scale.. go for it

Reactions: Jman2224
LOL.. I think he forgot the word 'AFFORDABLE'
shortage? ask a billionaire,, what shortage.
Its been available for 2 years if you take the time to look and are patient. Many of us had zero problem sourcing and are shooting just as much as we have in the past.

Its the cheapest part of shooting anyway.

real question: How fast is the new Autotrickler V4; is it faster than 2 or even 3 chargemasters. I have 2 1500s, and debate getting a third. Throwing powder is one of my longest processes time-wise.

real question: How fast is the new Autotrickler V4; is it faster than 2 or even 3 chargemasters. I have 2 1500s, and debate getting a third. Throwing powder is one of my longest processes time-wise.
Was loading up some 6BR for a test a few days ago. 31gr RL16 and with the Jthor tip and the throw times were 10-16 seconds or so. I'd say average was prob 14 sec or so. Without the tip I was up in the 20+ seconds range. I used to use 2 CM 1500 lites and I'd say its as fast at 2 or them and more accurate.

I am very pleased with my purchase.

All the newer chargemasters are junk would be my guess. I have one of the very first ones and is going strong yet.

If you’re seating while waiting on powder, you can do ~120 rnds per hour with a single v4.

More if you’re being diligent and moving fast.

I run 2 CM1500 reprogrammed and 1 CM Lite and could charge and seat 50 rounds in about 12 minutes. You are always seating a bullet, never have to wait for a charge to finish. So doing 200 rounds in a hour is not out of the question.

Really? Find me FGGM 210M and IMR 40604 8# please. WITHOUT PAYING $700+ for 8lb and 1000ct box of primers.

And I have lotsof both. But there’s no such thing as too much right?

Really? Find me FGGM 210M and IMR 40604 8# please. WITHOUT PAYING $700+ for 8lb and 1000ct box of primers.

And I have lotsof both. But there’s no such thing as too much right?

4064 was in stock on Hodgdons site and maybe powder valley a few days ago ($270 for 8#) and Natchez has BR2’s in stock for $155/1k. I don’t really look for Federal GMM components, mainly just CCI

If there’s specific stuff you want, you’ve got to look daily almost but it IS out there

Reactions: MarshallDodge
I think people are "upgrading." Either going to the Match Master or one of the many "scientific" scales, like those made by Sartorius.

My CM has been pretty damn good, especially for having been used for a decade. RCBS is a great company.

I get about 100 charges thrown in an hour with my 2 chargemasters. Maybe this is because I never reprogrammed them? If I could get this down to 30 or even 45 minutes it would be a nice improvement. My two examples are about 10 and 7 years old.

I get about 100 charges thrown in an hour with my 2 chargemasters. Maybe this is because I never reprogrammed them? If I could get this down to 30 or even 45 minutes it would be a nice improvement. My two examples are about 10 and 7 years old.
I would say you could. I mainly run 2 most of the time because the Lite is so slow, I just don't use it. Even with 2 reprogramed, I don't have to wait that much in between throws.

You can reprogram the Chargemaster to quick throw longer (within so many tenths of a grain to target charge weight) and trickle charge the rest. I reprogrammed mine and it’s so much faster for each charge

It actually depends on the age. My '04 isn't able to drill into the menu to change it up.

I sold my two CM1500 just before Christmas on eBay. Got $225 for them. Had enough ammo loaded and waiting on my V4. Still waiting so I’ve been using an old ECBS scale w/o dispenser and hand throwing with a uniflow measure then topping off last .2-.3 grains with a hand trickled. Powdered and seated 150 260 rem in an hour flat the other night, so that’s 24 seconds a round. Makes me wonder why I even ordered the V4 LOL

One thing I disliked about running 2 CM is you have to worry about 2 different scales drifting and they keep you so busy you can forget to pay attention. I weighed my pans and marked it on top of the CM so I know when I remove it if the scale has drifted. I worry that two different scales periodically drifting in their own random ways may add unwanted inaccuracy even more than one scale.