• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Why can't I find a leupold illuminated ffp

tex250

Minuteman
Sep 6, 2009
Buleson, Texas
Hey guys I've been trying to find a leupold 3.5-10x40 m3 ffp w/illuminated tmr reticule, do they not make them? Can there custom shop do it?

Re: Why can't I find a leupold illuminated ffp

why leupold? For the money you are going to pay for a Leupy FFP scope why not get a NF F1 or something like that with a little better quality?

Its a sign from God telling you to find something better than Leupold.

Go NF NXS.

The NF F1 is over 2k the street price on the Leupold is $1500 hardly a fair comparrison.Leupold does not offer an illuminated reticle with the ffp scopes something in their design prevents it.The next generation of tac scopes they have coming out will have it but they will be priced with the euro stuff.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dmg308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The NF F1 is over 2k the street price on the Leupold is $1500 hardly a fair comparrison.Leupold does not offer an illuminated reticle with the ffp scopes something in their design prevents it.The next generation of tac scopes they have coming out will have it but they will be priced with the euro stuff.</div></div>

Yeah I believe what prevents it is a lack of desire to go back to the drawing board. Leupolds still sell because they saw Leupold on them. Until that changes their scopes won't either.

Current Leupold scopes with illuminated reticles have the illumination turret located where the reticle is, in the second focal plane. The scopes will have to be redesigned to illuminate a first focal-plane reticle.

No doubt they would have to be redesigned internally to allow for the power wire to flow through from the eyepiece to the reticle in the first focal plane, but they can still keep the illumination knob in the same place if they wanted to.

Vortex didn't have any problem doing that on a scope that costs about 1/2 as much. It works very nicely.

leupold redesigned their illumination because it was terrible. it should be out anytime now, but i was go in another direction, as stated already, nightforce would be a good way to go

Yea but don't you turn the eyepiece to turn on the illumination on a nf and if my flip cap was not right that would really bother me um a little OCD bout stuff like that

does nf make a single turn 1moa elevation and .5 moa windage turret that is single turn with a m118 lr ballistics on it like leupold

1 moa clicks? Yeah that's precise...and tuning a turret to one type of ammo not only limits the scope, but every gun will shoot the same ammo differently and at different velocities which will render the turret markings useless. Yeah, nightforce should waste their time on that :p

I got other scopes plus one of the mk4 FFP and it's not Bad but in reality the NF is a 'Better Machine' & not just because of the Leu. Non illum. Ret. option.
The New Generation Leupold . I think you are right on the asking, Euro Price-$$$ when it goes out . The price they ask will be higher than a cats ass and truthfully I would go with USO, NF or Heinsoldt over it unless I hear glowing reviews of it .
One of the Leu. sales reps. was out at a Tac. match a few months back with there wares and they had that (new generation) Tac. model with the 35 tube , FFP. illum. Ret. with the large Elev. Turret. with a push-button lock on the top of it & with a Horus Ret. installed . don't know the cost & did not ask .
But Seeing that scope I got to say, it looks like, ' They are Trying ' . The scope did look good and felt good when looking threw it . I am not defending them but they know they are getting there ass handed to them on the Tactical side of things .

with the next generation Leupold's you are right they have figured out that the tactical market has not already expanded but might have left them behind in the dust. We will see where they come in at the price point and that will tell you how Leupold is going to play in the market place.

I'll second the SIGN FROM GOD

You are wanting Premium features on a less than premium scope, but paying premium prices.

I have had Leupolds in the past that were great, until I learned about NF and S/B. The hype isn't.