• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Why do some people even talk?

silverstang

Private
Minuteman
Jan 3, 2011
Texas
I know you guys have had the people that "know it all" come into the gun stores.

I was picking up some fishing stuff in Academy and had to wait around for an employee to open a case for me. I was waiting at the gun counter, and low-and-behold, Mr. Badass himself came in. (HUGE earrings, black trenchcoat, etc).

He was having a conversation with some other customers and one employee. He owned just about one of everything. He proceded to tell the customers the best shooting gun he had (pointing at a mini 380).

What got me was when he asked the counterman if they carried pistol grip 410 shotguns. When told no they do not, his exact words were, "that would be the best gun ever, you would sell them like crazy".

I caught other bits and pieces of his conversation with the other customers. He said he carries his Ruger LCP (he had to read the sticker to see what it was) in his pocket, and told them how easy it was to hide (while he proceded to pull out an invisible gun and point his fingers at someone saying, "I can just pull it out anywhere and be like what now?!?")

Kept me entertained for about 15 minutes. Now I feel like I have waisted 15 minutes of my life. Best of all, he bought a cheap ass pellet rifle.

Any of you guys have recent experience with the gun experts like this?

Re: Why do some people even talk?

Sounds like you might see him on the news one night. I was with my wife at a sporting goods store and in the back I noticed this guy and his friend ask to look at a shotgun. The clerk was hesitant, but still handed him the gun. Next thing I know he's aiming it at his friend and laughing making gunshot noises. I grabbed my wife by the arm and we left immediately.

These kind of threads do really well over at ARF.com and The Firing Line. Oh and if you really have nothing at all of value to say The High Road would be a great place for this thread. You ask me "how do you know?". I know because I have been banned from all of them.

Never forget that when firearms are involved, the people with the biggest mouths have the smallest weenies, and they typically arrive on the short bus while wearing a helmet.
Big mouth, lotta talk, ZERO substance.
Sorta like a woman, but they don't smell near as nice.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DDMPrecision</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Never forget that when firearms are involved, the people with the biggest mouths have the smallest weenies, and they typically arrive on the short bus while wearing a helmet.
Big mouth, lotta talk, ZERO substance.
Sorta like a woman, but they don't smell near as nice. </div></div>

Nice way of putting it.