• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Why do we pay taxes?

What do you recommend to start with? I may give it a whirl.
Anatomy of the State by Rothbard
What must be done by Hoppe

There’s also a collection of anarchist essays by Michael Malice called The Anarchist Handbook. It’s really good and covers the whole spectrum. There are several left anarchist essays that are really good. Just a quick disclaimer though, the left anarchists don’t know or understand anything about economics. Just know that going in

Some of the best nuts-and-bolts books about Austrian economics and liberty, but are very dense reads, are

Human Action by Von Mises
Man, Economy, and State by Rothbard

After that, the options are endless. Head here to get the best Austrian economics/anarchist content. This site could fill a lifetime of reading on just this subject

Last edited:
Reactions: wade2big
A couple more books that are a little more pertinent to today are

Meltdown by Tom Woods, explains what and why the ‘08 crash happened and that there were actually a lot of people predicting what would happen

Nullification by Tom Woods, exactly what it sounds like. Woods is a historian and can explain exactly what the founders were thinking & saying about leaving the union if they so chose

Well, I sleep better at night knowing that my tax dollars are going to some half-assed, corrupt eastern European country that everyone now seems to love . Never mind that 99% in this country don't know a fucking thing about Ukraine or can point to it on a map. Not like those billions of our tax dollars could find a good use here at home. Cause suddenly "Ukrainian democracy" is the most important thing on earth, and we get to pay for it :mad:

Noted and understood. I formed my current views naturally over the last few years. The Trump presidency really opened my eyes especially with the stolen election. The covid narrative ALL governments worldwide come together in unison in order to steal, maim, and kill the citizens really sealed the deal for me. It didn’t matter if it were a communist, democratic, or constitutional republic, they behaved the same.

I watched the state, and local governments collude with the federal government here in the US to lie, steal, impoverish and murder the people of the communities. My small county and small hometown did the same. Police were used to pick winners and losers and to prey on the men that had balls enough not to play along. Fuck government and all that make a living working within to fuck their neighbor.

I said all that to say my view are authentically mine. Of course I’m still making sense of it all and thinking it through. Now it’s time to hear other’s views. I appreciate the suggestions.
Good to hear, welcome to the club

I’ll just put this here too but be forewarned, he is the gold standard anarchist/conspiracy theorist/independent journalist and can back everything that he says with legit source documents

Peasants on government programs pay no taxes. The money they receive is from the taxpayer so when they “pay” sales tax they are using someone else’s money. The same can be applied to men that work government jobs although they at least have to get out of bed in the morning to “earn” their paycheck stolen from the productive citizens not on the government tit.
Sales and property taxes are levied by the state, county and/or city. That's an entirely separate issue.

It's not just the peasants on government programs. It's a huge portion of the (lower) middle class.

Look at a young family of five. Two parents, three kids under six, and lets say they have $75k in total taxable income.

They'd generate a federal income tax liability of about $5k. BUT... they'd also receive $10,800 in refundable child tax credits. They're going to get back whatever they withheld, plus about another $5k. This is assuming they opted out of the "advance" payments 1/2 of the credit between July and December. If not, they'd get back just a little more than they paid in when they filed, but they would have already received over $5k in government payments in advance. This isn't a program you register for. No DSS applications or anything like that. It's built into our filing system.

The rich pay more than their fair share. It's an undeniable fact.

Well, I sleep better at night knowing that my tax dollars are going to some half-assed, corrupt eastern European country that everyone now seems to love . Never mind that 99% in this country don't know a fucking thing about Ukraine or can point to it on a map. Not like those billions of our tax dollars could find a good use here at home. Cause suddenly "Ukrainian democracy" is the most important thing on earth, and we get to pay for it :mad:
Just a little quibble. There is no good use for tax dollars, anywhere or anytime. Tax dollars are the destruction of wealth. See the broken window fallacy as an explanation

Just a little quibble. There is no good use for tax dollars, anywhere or anytime. Tax dollars are the destruction of wealth. See the broken window fallacy as an explanation

Oh I totally agree. Taxation is legalized theft, plain and simple.

Don't get me started on the totally immoral "property" taxes.

The worst people on the planet are drawn to government. Decent, moral, ethical men do not want to “rule” over another. They also wouldn’t hire into a network of institutions and systems to help criminals at the top to do the same.

Taking this into consideration and giving it more thought, I would have to agree with you. Its not government itself as its just systems and institutions made up of people. Its the sorry mother fuckers that can’t help themselves but to steal and terrorize the population “legally” and all the morally compromised people who are willing to help them for a paycheck. There will never be a large benevolent government. Its impossible. The people that you fantasize about being in government would never take part because it is against their nature. You will always end up narcissists and/or sociopaths at the highest levels in government. It’s inevitable.

I don’t understand your desire to defend government as you do. Danm near every example of government worldwide terrorizes, impoverishes, and murders its own people using policies and their police to do it. If a government needs men with guns to threaten to kill you if you don’t toe the line, then it isn’t governing by consent. Its power through violence.
You misunderstand. Im not defending government, per say, just clarifying that its not the system but those who run the system (corruptly).

Sometimes analogy's help:

Lets say yourve got a nice new car, it runs well, but is designed to run on high test. YOU put low test in it and it sputters along. Is that the cars fault? Is it the low test gas's fault? Then you piiss in the gas tank and it quits entirely. Whose fault?

The fact is is its your (the operator) fault for doing dumb shit...you've corrupted the system, but dont blame the system. Its no different than a gun, neither good nor bad in and of itself. It all depends on the person operating it.

Ill add that any system that intentionally takes away individual liberty (communism/Islam)for the sake of the state or religion, is corrupt to begin with.

Reactions: The D
You misunderstand. Im not defending government, per say, just clarifying that its not the system but those who run the system (corruptly).

Sometimes analogy's help:

Lets say yourve got a nice new car, it runs well, but is designed to run on high test. YOU put low test in it and it sputters along. Is that the cars fault? Is it the low test gas's fault? Then you piiss in the gas tank and it quits entirely. Whose fault?

The fact is is its your (the operator) fault for doing dumb shit...you've corrupted the system, but dont blame the system. Its no different than a gun, neither good nor bad in and of itself. It all depends on the person operating it.

Ill add that any system that intentionally takes away individual liberty (communism/Islam)for the sake of the state or religion, is corrupt to begin with.
This is the same argument used to defend collectivism, it sounds good and can be made “to work on paper”. But if something produces results wildly different in the real world than on paper then something was very wrong with your paper calculations

I pay income taxes so that I don't go to jail.

I pay property taxes so that I don't have my land taken away.

Not a fan of either, and would gladly stop both if there were no repercussions.

Reactions: The D
This is the same argument used to defend collectivism, it sounds good and can be made “to work on paper”. But if something produces results wildly different in the real world than on paper then something was very wrong with your paper calculations
Wrong.

Our republic was set up specifically to protect and enhance individual liberty. 'collectivism' just the opposite.

If you put too much powder in the case when you reload, it explodes and fucks you up, where lies the fault?

You cant blame the likely impending failure of our republic on the system, blame it on the corrupt individuals who have usurped the power within the system.

Reactions: gigamortis
I pay income taxes so that I don't go to jail.

I pay property taxes so that I don't have my land taken away.

Not a fan of either, and would gladly stop both if there were no repercussions.
What about the interstate highway system you use when you drive cross country?

No taxes, you can ride your horse. It will only take 4 months and no a/c.

Wrong.

Our republic was set up specifically to protect and enhance individual liberty. 'collectivism' just the opposite.

If you put too much powder in the case when you reload, it explodes and fucks you up, where lies the fault?

You cant blame the likely impending failure of our republic on the system, blame it on the corrupt individuals who have usurped the power within the system.
So you just need to find people who aren’t going to be corrupted? I’m sure that will work next time…

Reactions: Jgunner
So you just need to find people who aren’t going to be corrupted? I’m sure that will work next time…
The slap on the wrist punishments for individuals in power needs to go.

Corrupt politicians need to swing from the gallows. End of story. Their assets need to be seized, clawed back etc. save for $50k for their families to build a new life and cover funeral expenses.

It'd sort itself out after a bit....

Reactions: gigamortis

This tired trope about the roads? The short answer is a construction company will build them and a company that is comfortable with large projects will manage them

Reactions: Jgunner
The slap on the wrist punishments for individuals in power needs to go.

Corrupt politicians need to swing from the gallows. End of story. Their assets need to be seized, clawed back etc. save for $50k for their families to build a new life and cover funeral expenses.

It'd sort itself out after a bit....
Eventually you’ll run out of people. Or you’ll run out of people that are willing to take the job. If you run out of people who want the job, what do you do? Force someone to be your overlord? That sounds…silly

Reactions: vinniedelpino

but mah roaads.

• Sad
Reactions: Maggot
Eventually you’ll run out of people. Or you’ll run out of people that are willing to take the job. If you run out of people who want the job, what do you do? Force someone to be your overlord? That sounds…silly
I'm not advocating for hanging politicians when they fuck up, or even when they downright lie. Only when they knowingly and willingly engage in corruption.

We're not running out of people for pararescue, EOD or special forces. I seriously doubt we'd run out of people who want the job. There are harder to jobs to get with way more risk and less reward out there.

And once upon a time you were a willing part of it. I’m glad to have you on this side of the divide.
Look, kiddo, you’re on the right track. But you can’t deal in absolutes. I was local Sheriffs department. There are tons of good local guys. They are literally the last hope. Feds are gone. There is a difference. Learn it.

You missed his point. Anyone who would want the job would be guilty. These are the people who want to rule others. Do not think for a second that our form of corruption and tyranny, constitutional republic, is any different.
Ahhh... My bad.

The worst people on the planet are drawn to government. Decent, moral, ethical men do not want to “rule” over another. They also wouldn’t hire into a network of institutions and systems to help criminals at the top to do the same.

Taking this into consideration and giving it more thought, I would have to agree with you. Its not government itself as its just systems and institutions made up of people. Its the sorry mother fuckers that can’t help themselves but to steal and terrorize the population “legally” and all the morally compromised people who are willing to help them for a paycheck. There will never be a large benevolent government. Its impossible. The people that you fantasize about being in government would never take part because it is against their nature. You will always end up narcissists and/or sociopaths at the highest levels in government. It’s inevitable.

I don’t understand your desire to defend government as you do. Danm near every example of government worldwide terrorizes, impoverishes, and murders its own people using policies and their police to do it. If a government needs men with guns to threaten to kill you if you don’t toe the line, then it isn’t governing by consent. Its power through violence.
iu

Look, kiddo, you’re on the right track. But you can’t deal in absolutes. I was local Sheriffs department. There are tons of good local guys. They are literally the last hope. Feds are gone. There is a difference. Learn it.
I dont think he's capable of learning. Ive tried reasoning with him on several instances to no avail.

As far as I can determine it there are VERY few absolutes. There are mostly shades of gray. In government, as in law enforcement, and everything else Ive encountered in this world, there is good, angels, devils, and most inhabit a realm somewhere in between.

Reactions: Bender

This tired trope about the roads? The short answer is a construction company will build them and a company that is comfortable with large projects will manage them
I dont disagree, a private sector could likely do an equal or better job, but who will supervise, provide oversite, on the big companies and the management that theyve paid off to look the other way when only 50% of the steel was put inot the bridges? Or substandard concrete is used in the road, or insufficient site prep work.

Its the same as the gub'mint, just a different name.

Case in point: I used to travel I 40 through Arkansas on a regular basis. The roads were always under construction and always terrible. They would finish one section, move to another, and in a year or two be back redoing the first section. We used to joke that happened because they were built out of politicians pork.

Ill give it to Bill Clinton, when he was governor that got fixed. Perhaps toe only good thing he did.

Perhaps you'd endorse a private military. We could call the leaders.....

Warlords.

How can I tell the good cops from the bad cops when they both close down businesses, forced masks on children in schools, and issued fines and other threats of violence to men that went into the store without a mask? How can I tell the good “leaders” from the bad when they all gave the order for these actions to take place? How can I tell the good leaders from the bad when to my knowledge, no city council or other localized government broke from the federal fake narrative that crushing small business and forcing death drugs into people at the hospital is the way to fight this political made up pandemic? How many printed pamphlets and held city council meetings to educate people on the realities of the fake covid pandemic and some of the know effective treatments for the only truly affected age group which is those past the average life expectancy in America? Seems the good and the bad are hardly different. Basically the same in practice.

My own small town city council put hits out on businesses that wouldn’t comply with the mandates. They sent cops to threaten them with death. If you think fines and arrest isn’t a death sentence then you are mistaken because if a man resists these fines and arrests with enough heart, the police have a red light to kill, for their safety of course.
Didnt happen where I live, maybe you need to relocate.

You speak as if you are sure that your views are valid while mine should be dismissed. I use to think like you. I pay attention and learn from my mistakes. You or anyone else still haven’t answered a single question of mine. I’ve asked many times. They take your argument, human nature, out of the equation.
No, I think you make some valid points, but miss the overall view because you've painted yourself inot a corner of anger, hate, and seeing things in, as Bender mentioned, absolutes.. Non of those are helpful in seeing the truth.

Good local guys that are paid in stolen tax money, don’t forget that. That also have health care for life and a pension funded by the same stolen tax money. The same corruption in the cities can find it’s way to the hinterlands as long as their funding isn’t voluntary and there’s no legitimate competition

Good local guys that are paid in stolen tax money, don’t forget that. That also have health care for life and a pension funded by the same stolen tax money. The same corruption in the cities can find it’s way to the hinterlands as long as their funding isn’t voluntary and there’s no legitimate competition
You’re not wrong, just use common sense.

I dont disagree, a private sector could likely do an equal or better job, but who will supervise, provide oversite, on the big companies and the management that theyve paid off to look the other way when only 50% of the steel was put inot the bridges? Or substandard concrete is used in the road, or insufficient site prep work.

Its the same as the gub'mint, just a different name.

Case in point: I used to travel I 40 through Arkansas on a regular basis. The roads were always under construction and always terrible. They would finish one section, move to another, and in a year or two be back redoing the first section. We used to joke that happened because they were built out of politicians pork.

Ill give it to Bill Clinton, when he was governor that got fixed. Perhaps toe only good thing he did.

Perhaps you'd endorse a private military. We could call the leaders.....

Warlords.
You’re strawmanning my argument. You’re assuming that this same company will be protected somehow just like if it had received this road construction/maintenance contract from a state. With a completely private, profit seeking legal system any grievances people have with these companies would be worked out. It most certainly won’t always be smooth and there will definitely be mistakes made but it’s much more likely to happen than with gov-run court systems. Bill Clinton may have gotten something “productive” accomplished but that’s despite being gov provided and the cost was certainly orders of magnitude higher

And what is this fucking retarded shit about a private company “likely” doing a better job of providing goods or services than a state or a company that’s subsidized with tax money? Nobody with two brain cells to rub together thinks gov is more efficient than anything

I would also endorse a private military as long as they’re funded voluntarily and I don’t have some of its goons trying to intimidate me and shake me down for $$. If that’s the case I don’t give a fuck what name is associated with them
You’re not wrong, just use common sense.
Common sense dictates not funding a security force with stolen tax money and not having a true mechanism to hold anyone accountable.

You’re strawmanning my argument. You’re assuming that this same company will be protected somehow just like if it had received this road construction/maintenance contract from a state. With a completely private, profit seeking legal system any grievances people have with these companies would be worked out. It most certainly won’t always be smooth and there will definitely be mistakes made but it’s much more likely to happen than with gov-run court systems. Bill Clinton may have gotten something “productive” accomplished but that’s despite being gov provided and the cost was certainly orders of magnitude higher

And what is this fucking retarded shit about a private company “likely” doing a better job of providing goods or services than a state or a company that’s subsidized with tax money? Nobody with two brain cells to rub together thinks gov is more efficient than anything

I would also endorse a private military as long as they’re funded voluntarily and I don’t have some of its goons trying to intimidate me and shake me down for $$. If that’s the case I don’t give a fuck what name is associated with them

Common sense dictates not funding a security force with stolen tax money and not having a true mechanism to hold anyone accountable.
Youre really confused and apparently beyond reason. Im done wasting time on intentional ignorance.

Youre really confused and apparently beyond reason. Im done wasting time on intentional ignorance.
What exactly am I not understanding?

Anger and disgust, yes. I watched in horror as men, women, and children were abused by the systems they so foolishly trusted. Many are impoverished and many are dead as a result of “safety” just in the last two years alone. I watched their votes being thrown away in broad daylight only reaffirming what I already know, zero representation in an authoritarian government. I see our military getting blown to pieces not for our sovereignty and freedom, but just the opposite. I do see the men and women who make careers of government as leeches and parasites no matter their position because of the theft of the productive man against their will and by gunpoint to pay government wages. I do see those at the top as criminals. Once I seen all of this, I cannot unsee it no matter how hard I try to play make believe.

Edit to add:
Although we disagree on this, we at least agree that what we have now is an atrocity.
You keep saying I and others havent answered your questions. Let me ask you one. No discussion, keep it simple... pick A or B.

The problem your espousing are the fault of:

A-The system itself.

B-The people operating the system.

Over 60% of American households don't pay federal income tax.

The other 40% carries the burden.

The idea that the "rich" don't pay their fair share is complete and utter horseshit. If anything, the self employed don't pay their fair share. I just happens to be that a healthy chunk of the self employed make up a disproportionate share of the "rich." The top 1% pay almost 40% of all individual income taxes collected.

Peasants get a free ride, comparatively speaking. Sure, they pay sales and excise taxes, property and payroll taxes. Not income taxes though.
This is true if you have kids, if you don't you pay more so others can get paid for breeding, you also pay more if you are unmarried. The whole system is shit and need abolished.

This is true if you have kids, if you don't you pay more so others can get paid for breeding, you also pay more if you are unmarried. The whole system is shit and need abolished.
One of my pet peeves. Being single and no rug rats, why should I pay taxes for others children. Not only tax credit but I have to pay taxes to send other's brats to school and god knows what else. FTS

Reformed at very least, or we can hope for a new heaven and new earth.

Reactions: Ison
Feel free to answer my questions although we will never reach common ground. I answered yours. I’ve asked you 5 or 6 in this thread. Pick a couple. I won’t even respond to your answers as we are just talking in circles and should move on.

I want little to preferably no government while you feel the opposite is justified. I value liberty while you value the illusion of freedom and safety.
I said nothing like that. Not even close. The only one talking in circles is you.

I thought you were just confused. Now I know youre either hallucinating, an idiot, or just making up lies to stir shit or save face,

I didn't say I was looking for a free ride. Happy to pay tolls when I need to travel, happy to pay fees for the services I need. I pay tolls every time I travel to the Houston area.

Disgusted that I have to pay for "social services" that I never use. Not happy that I have to pay property/school taxes when I don't have a kid in the system.

I had to pay to renew my building permit when I didn't finish in 12 months. Exactly what do you think it cost the county for me to build on property that I own? And how did me taking more than 12 months to build cost them anything?

I already paid $2500 to get a water meter set (so I could pay a water bill every month), and either did the work myself, or paid local contractors to do it.

Absolutely fine with paying a fee for fire department, ambulance, or police services IF I NEED THEM. Same with toll roads. If I don't drive, I don't pay.

And the fuel taxes cover the road maintenance, not income tax. That's just theft. I pay to avoid prosecution.

If you ain't willing to work, I don't give a flying fuck if you starve. If you CAN'T work, I am glad to help, and do it often. I take meals to my elderly neighbors all the time, and help them with chores they can't do.

Taxation for shit I don't need (or even want) is theft, pure and simple. If our goobermint has enough money for foreign aid, they are taxing us more than they should.

I didn't say I was looking for a free ride. Happy to pay tolls when I need to travel, happy to pay fees for the services I need. I pay tolls every time I travel to the Houston area.

Disgusted that I have to pay for "social services" that I never use. Not happy that I have to pay property/school taxes when I don't have a kid in the system.

I
Thats my point. Its not that government is bad, per se. They do some good. Its when the people involved fuck it up that problems arise. .Im not speaking of you in particular, but there are those (one idiot in particular) who cant distinguish between the system and those running it. He chooses to paint with a braod brush.

My point is that a gub'mint system, in and of itself is neither good nor bad any more than a gun is good or bad. Its the one in charge thats responsible. Like Alec Baldwin.

And with your water meter, you could have drilled a well. If they wouldnt allow it you could have built elsewhere where you could have a well. . You had choices, you made them so you play by the rules or go elsewhere.

• Haha
Still can’t answer even a simple questions I see. I’ve asked multiple.

Most people resort to name calling when they can’t put thoughts into words or have no thoughts of their own to begin with.

Here is one question I asked you from post #79:
“Name me one thing you trust government to do better and more efficiently than men of their communities can do other than the obvious mass murder, theft and tyranny.”
I tried to make it clear, youre an idiot, I dont debate with idiots.

I tried to make it clear, youre an idiot, I dont debate with idiots.
What argument do you think you’re using? That there are some things that gov just has to do? Like national security, foreign policy, or upholding a monopoly on monetary policy? Sure, why don’t we give responsibility for the three most important things to the group most likely to fuck it up

Thats my point. Its not that government is bad, per se. They do some good. Its when the people involved fuck it up that problems arise. .Im not speaking of you in particular, but there are those (one idiot in particular) who cant distinguish between the system and those running it. He chooses to paint with a braod brush.

My point is that a gub'mint system, in and of itself is neither good nor bad any more than a gun is good or bad. Its the one in charge thats responsible. Like Alec Baldwin.

And with your water meter, you could have drilled a well. If they wouldnt allow it you could have built elsewhere where you could have a well. . You had choices, you made them so you play by the rules or go elsewhere.

But government IS bad, per se. They mismanage EVERYTHING, and local communities could do better for themselves on most. The remainder could easily be done better by a private concern than by the government.

Let me charge $5 for every out of state vehicle that gets on any stretch of interstate highway, and a monthly pass fee of $25 for locals, say a 300 mile segment. My proposal includes bridges, mowing, side trimming, striping, etc.

I guarantee that the section in question, after I have 18 months to fix old incorrect crap, will be the best highway in the entire US system. And, I will be very wealthy. This is mainly because the contractors will be allowed to bid fairly, without having to allow for bribes, graft, corruption, hookers, blow, or other associated costs of doing business with "fine, upstanding goobermint officials" who "operate in the public interest".

That would mean the tolls for a trip from Atlanta to Houston would cost $15-20, depending on the breakdown on mileage. And if a contractor didn't do well, fire them and hire a new one.

But government IS bad, per se. They mismanage EVERYTHING, and local communities could do better for themselves on most. The remainder could easily be done better by a private concern than by the government.

Let me charge $5 for every out of state vehicle that gets on any stretch of interstate highway, and a monthly pass fee of $25 for locals, say a 300 mile segment. My proposal includes bridges, mowing, side trimming, striping, etc.

I guarantee that the section in question, after I have 18 months to fix old incorrect crap, will be the best highway in the entire US system. And, I will be very wealthy. This is mainly because the contractors will be allowed to bid fairly, without having to allow for bribes, graft, corruption, hookers, blow, or other associated costs of doing business with "fine, upstanding goobermint officials" who "operate in the public interest".

That would mean the tolls for a trip from Atlanta to Houston would cost $15-20, depending on the breakdown on mileage. And if a contractor didn't do well, fire them and hire a new one.
No, its not. Youure buying into the same crap the other idiot is pushing. Its no more bad per se than a gun. Its who uses it and how they use it.

• Haha
Here in Texas, property taxes are fricking highway robbery and just about every high school has a football stadium that would rival some collegiate ones. I'm retired and over 65 so at least I get a break on that plus my homestead exemption but it's still ridiculous.

Reactions: Maggot