• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Why does Alpha Industries suck

Utah Shooter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 11, 2010
SL UT
I am just curious? Seems to me he used to run a great business but is slacking as of late. 6 weeks for delivery on an in stock magazine and does not even work properly. My rounds keeps getting stuck when trying to feed them.

Lip adjustment? Youtube here I come. What distance is ideal for lip adjustment?

Last edited:
It's always been like this, why anybody continues to subject themselves to their business practices is the real question

One man band who's also a fireman IIRC. Just get American Rifle Co. mags. I have an outstanding order with Alpha from last October, I periodically call in and have yet to get through to the guy... The ARC mags are shorter, feed better, and are heat treated so the lips and body aren't as soft/pliable.

I ordered 1 to try about 4 weeks ago - hasnt shipped. About to contest it on my CC and get my money back - i noticed some folks take 2 months and i know the dude is a fireman so waiting the 2 months. With Area 419 ARC extender i think i will just go that way as this is for a SAUM.

I ordered 1 to try about 4 weeks ago - hasnt shipped. About to contest it on my CC and get my money back - i noticed some folks take 2 months and i know the dude is a fireman so waiting the 2 months. With Area 419 ARC extender i think i will just go that way as this is for a SAUM.

I did that but I guess when they contacted him he actually responded so it went though. Now I am stuck with this thing. I was going to send it back (and should have) but figured I would give it a try.

I did that but I guess when they contacted him he actually responded so it went though. Now I am stuck with this thing. I was going to send it back (and should have) but figured I would give it a try.

What type is it Utah Shooter? A Type 4 perhaps? I need a 10rnd for 6.5 SAUM - if it is i will take it off your hands.

Is there something that's supposed to be better about Alpha mags than Accurate or AI? I ordered my Accurate mags and had them in 3 days.

When Alpha mags came on the scene about seven or eight years ago they were being hailed as a cheaper, more compact option to Accuracy International magazines. Initially they were great, I still have two from the 2009-2010 time frame and they still run like a champ. When I bought another one about a year later they'd gone to shit both quality and service wise. The new magazine swelled so bad with 10 rounds in the magazine that it was tough to get it to seat in the magazine well and then there were the feeding issues. I was able to get ahold of the owner after about two weeks of trying and told him what was up and his recommendation was to run fewer than 10 rounds (in a 10 round magazine) or adjust the feed lips but he'd send me a new magazine regardless and I could keep the fucked up one. Gee thanks. Well I tried just about everything that could be done to a magazine to get that bastard to work but it just wasn't happening. From adjusting feedlips to trying to stretch the spring a little, it was all for naught, I never could get it to work right. When the new magazine eventually did make it to my doorstep I sold it and basically gave away the jacked up mag for free. Hindsight being 20/20 I should've kept the broken one to make a bench vice mount out of.

What type is it Utah Shooter? A Type 4 perhaps? I need a 10rnd for 6.5 SAUM - if it is i will take it off your hands.

Type 2. Thanks for the offer though

Is there something that's supposed to be better about Alpha mags than Accurate or AI? I ordered my Accurate mags and had them in 3 days.

I did it out of ignorance. If had known the customer service was crap no way would I have ordered it.

I have a pair of older Type 2 that are great. I love the extra length in a couple rifles. I have one newer Type 2 that is just how TM described above. I use it as a spare but not in matches.

I have an arc 10 rounder, its not flawless either... I had regular feed issues in my old mausingfield. Going to try it in a newer mausingfield to see if the problem was the reciever, it did function perfectly with some older alpha mags. I did not buy from alpha because I heard of the terrible service. I did not here their quality went to shit, extra glad I went with arc. I'm still not positive it is the magazine though, fwiw.

Are you looking for WSM mags? If so check out Accurate. Their mags work well, but keep in mind a short magnum can still require some tuning of the feed lips with any of them. For 308 mags I see no reason to by anything except authentic AI mags, they just flat out work.

Tried calling twice today to what appears a personal cell phone. No answer. Sent emails and no answer. Then I stumble upon this. Glad I didn't place an order. My search goes on for an RPR mag alternative.

Tried calling twice today to what appears a personal cell phone. No answer. Sent emails and no answer. Then I stumble upon this. Glad I didn't place an order. My search goes on for an RPR mag alternative.

I wished I would have run across a thread like this before I bought the one I have. 3 emails later and still no reply. Not sure what his deal is.

His deal is that he is a poor business man pure and simple. I'm sure he's a great guy, fire fighter and all that but in business he's getting his teeth kicked in and nothing has changed in years.

The arc 10 round mag works decent. It's 90% reliable when I run it somewhat gently, but if I run the bolt rough which kind of jars the ammo in the mag it's more like 98%. The AI mags were smoother, I will probably just go AI from now on unfortunately.
You said that already in the other thread :rolleyes:
This thread is about Alpha Industries Magazines. Not American Rifle Company (ARC) or Accuracy International (AICS).

Being a Fireman is no excuse for taking people's money, then not responding to their concerns. Fireman have downtime jist like any other profession, unless he works
on an active volcano.

Being a Fireman is no excuse for taking people's money, then not responding to their concerns. Fireman have downtime jist like any other profession, unless he works
on an active volcano.

Just an update still no response. I can see why as of right now but hope that when he has downtime he responds.

You said that already in the other thread :rolleyes:
This thread is about Alpha Industries Magazines. Not American Rifle Company (ARC) or Accuracy International (AICS).

His input is valuable, unlike yours.

ARC mags were suggested as a better alternative to Alphas, but he chimed in with the problems he's had with ARC mags. Do try to keep up.......

I have several Alphas, even attempted to adjust the feed lips. I talked to the firefighter on the phone, sent the mags back to have them evaluated. Have the swelling problems described above when stuffed with 10 rounds, and the rounds nosedive and generally don't feed worth a shit. One out of 5 was determined to be faulty, and a new one was sent( I haven't even taken it out of the wrapper), but the others supposedly fed just fine when the owner tested em. Bullshit!!! I've tried them in three different platforms and they SUCK. Do yourself a favor, save $$$ for something else, and you wont have a headache or be out money and not have a crappy mag to show for it.

Let your $$$$ speak and dont give a dime to that guy @ Alpha. He will not respond nor ship for months and likely you will have to fill a cc or paypal dispute 3-4 months latter when its clear the dude doesnt give a shit.

Let your $$$$ speak and dont give a dime to that guy @ Alpha. He will not respond nor ship for months and likely you will have to fill a cc or paypal dispute 3-4 months latter when its clear the dude doesnt give a shit.

I am letting my money and my opinion. If he is going to screw others over why wouldn't he screw the rest of us?