• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Why is this G17L selling for $4500?

Next generation of gun owners grew up with plastics. So for some a Generation 1 glock is collectable.

Probably because it is a GEN 1. Some people collect them.

If people don't mind a modern recreation of the gen 1, they can buy the new Glock P80.

It's still going!

Mine's Gen 2, are folks only paying idiot prices for Gen 1?

I've never sold a gun (it's a sickness), and gunbroker sounds like a pita. But hell, I'd let someone overpay me for a gun that I spent about $600 on and shot a ton.

I sold a looks new 1985 gen 1 Glock 17 for $1800.00 a couple years ago. All original including the box and paperwork. I sold a gen 1 1985 Glock 17 Manuel for $400.00 So yes there are collectors out there for all kinds of stuff.

Gen 1 Glocks only command big money if they look new and didn’t go through the Glock safety upgrades and have original Gen 1 parts. Prices go down from there. Very early Gen 1 command the most money.

Last edited:
Reactions: camocorvette
I sold a looks new 1985 gen 1 Glock 17 for $1800.00 a couple years ago. All original including the box and paperwork. I sold a gen 1 1985 Glock 17 Manuel for $400.00 So yes there are collectors out there for all kinds of stuff.

Gen 1 Glocks only command big money if they look new and didn’t go through the Glock safety upgrades and have original Gen 1 parts. Prices go down from there. Very early Gen 1 command the most money.
That little Mexican has all the answers.

^^^^^^ now that's funny right there LOL
it does amaze me the things people collect...........
when he dies his widow will sell it for pennies on the dollar most likely

Well, only so many of those 1st run G17L's were made and even less with the factory ported barrel because they kept breaking.

I got one of the second runs and first 3rd gen. 17L after not being able to score one years and years ago. They'd go for $600-$1000 back in 2004 or so. $4500? Whatever, that's fucking insane. It's still a Glock. There is nothing collectible about 'em but I guess if you pay $4500 for these custom ones then maybe that doesn't look so bad.

For that price though you could buy a new 17L, Trij. adj. night sights and on yeah, an FN Mk20 too....

ONLY way I see these being worth that is if they're stamped "Property USN" or some shit... Preferably with an affidavit from Dick Marcinko to go with it.

I gave my gen1 17 1985 to my mom, cracked frame and all. It's a fucking beater, but it still keeps shooting. It's been back to Glock for two factory rebuilds and has an untold number of rounds through it. She'd laugh if I told her that was a collectible.

There is some shill buying on GB. Not common, but a possibility.