• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Why isn’t Meopta Included among the Best?

They are not as known. The ZD are the best in their price range for many things. Then again, optics are all about pros and cons.

Roy Weatherby was a genius and his rifles were primarily designed for space warfare. The man was 100 years ahead of his time and so are his rifles.
I'll go with Weatherby being a genius. I won't go with space warfare, or 100 years. He found that shot out WWI rifles still held good hunting accuracy when the muzzle was cut back and crowned. Meaning the freebore caused by erosion didn't affect accuracy all that much. He combined magnum power and a better freebore to get phenominal speeds with good accuracy. The double radius shoulders didn't do all that much for the pressure/flow curve. But, it is proprietary and therefore made him money. It helped that he catered to a wealthy crowd.

On the topic of Meopta, they are not the best. They make, what I have found to be, a pretty solid scope with excellent glass. As noted throughout this post though, the elevation/windage adjustments never seem to jive with either their scope or what shooters are using out in the wild.

I'm not trying to sell or advocate for Meopta. I own one Meopro, about a $900 Scope. Not Like a 3K Minox. I was just wanting to know why they dont get used as much as others if the glass is as good as it is. Y'all have answered those questions for me.

I actually own two Swaro Z5's and one NXS.

As far as new to this, I meant new to long range steel shooting. I have been hunting my whole life and just built a 1000 Yard Range on my place. 800 yard hunting has come as it has presented itself. Elk in Idaho, which I missed, Mule Deer in Colorado, Whitetails in Texas. Most shots are not 800 but plenty have been in the 500-600 Yard Range. Longest shot on a taken animal was on a cull doe at 813 using the Z5.

And as far as stalking goes, I didn't do any running of my mouth until you did. You are the one with your name in your username. Ill be in Corpus Christi next weekend to do some fishing if you would like to talk more.

This I will say about scopes in general, since meopta has been answered like a lot, and this is apparently where we are at.

theres shitty scopes, decent scopes and good scopes.
There are scopes in the decent category that have good glass but bad function, scopes with good function and bad glass, and scopes that have decent function and decent glass. They fit a price range.

There are good scopes that have good glass and good function...they are more expensive. The functions that are superior are subjective most times. I think most people want a scope with at least jap quality class....at least... and solid in all mechanisms that are typically looked for in a scope. If jap quality glass is “bad” to you, and turret tracking, zero stops, reticles and the works doesn’t matter to you, you’ll already be a a disconnect with people on here as to what is a “better product.” People actually use their scopes for its functionality, not just to see shit with it.

I’ve found burris fullfield 2 3-9 with the bdc reticle pretty decent scopes for my hunting needs. I once killed an aoudad at 350 yards with one on top of a 257 weatherby vanguard deluxe. Shots were taken from unsupported prone using a sling the way they taught me in the marines. It was a 3 shot affair. First shot hit dirt and most of them ran except for one of them. I took this as a sign from Odin and the wargods that the initial target wasn’t meant to be. By this point all I could hear were the war drums I knew time was of the essence. I corrected using my prs skills on second target and floated the reticle kinda over his head and a little left and sent another one. I hit him right in the lumbar region of the spine. When we got there he was doing the splits in a pool of blood not far from the impact zone. I finished him off with a neck shot at about 3 yards. The whole area smelled like a portable restroom that was full af. Me and my buddy who was the land owner were very excited and we proceeded to take pictures of my rifle and the animal and commented several times about how nice the wood was on my rifle and how fun the adventure was. Chances are if I was using an AI and a razor gen 2 I could have probably shaved a couple shots off this encounter but I’m not so sure it would have been as exciting of a day. I guess the point I’m trying to make is this. When you hear the drums you gotta send it...

Attachments

• E15F8A5E-5845-47E8-A0FE-79F01383A2E4.jpeg
    E15F8A5E-5845-47E8-A0FE-79F01383A2E4.jpeg
    341.2 KB · Views: 102
Reactions: sandwarrior
Sorry I have to make a correction to my story that rifle actually had a leupold 3-10 on it. I got mixed up.
I was gonna say, I'm not too fond of the Burris BDC. I have one in my 6-24 Black diamond. As far as fucked up goes, while I love Burris scopes for glass and repeatability, the BDC is so different between stadia, and ad power differences, it totally sucks. It sucks worse than my Meopta's for use.

VERY nice rifle by the way.

Ya I for real use the burris on a couple rifles including that one I just changed it for some gloss leupold I got off ebay since it looked cool and classic.

This question has been well discussed. I’ve just bought a meopta meopro optika6. I took 3 weeks to decide . Started with leupold but the parallax wouldn’t go out enough. Tried the Zeiss Conquest but turns out the parallax didn’t work. Looked at Swarovski V3 amd V4 and after MUCH deliberation and trialling bought the Meopta. Absolutely wrapped. Ease of use , kick ass optics and clarity and the ability to focus it dead sharp very quickly. I am very very pleased with it and saved several hundred$ over the others. Swaro is great but I could not see the $difference . The Meopro
Is hands down on the V3 for functionality and clarity . my 2cents worth. And thanks fellas
For all the good advice. You have helped a lot

Reactions: lash
I understand the increase in marketing. Meopta isnt marketed like the big names I listed above. Thus the reason Meopta gear is half the price of all other European made optics, which there are few left.

My question is to why there arent't many people advocating for them that actually shoot in the PRS world etc. Seems like if you can get their Equivalent or comparable option to the PMII, Razor, ATACR, etc for half the cost, more people would be doing it.

I also heard/read somewhere that Swarovski-Kahles gets their glass from Meopta do to the fact that it is cheaper to get it made by Meopta in Czech Republic than in Austria. So that really made me question why people pay 3300 for a K624 or 25I Kahles if i can get the same glass with better coatings from Meopta.

I don't need to be sold and convinced on their quality, I can dial and shoot accurately with their Meopro out to 800 easily. I could only imagine what the ZD would bring. I just want to know why nobody speaks of them, uses them or even writes reviews for them. I can't seem to find very much out there where someone has used them in PRS or hunting applications. Everyone is quick to brag on their 3K scopes or advocate for said scopes, just don't understand why there is not any data-reviews on the ZD line etc. Maybe I am missing something, but if it performs to similar levels as all other lines of optics, why not pay half the cost for 100% made European Scope?

I guess what I really want to know is if there is anyone out there that can talk me out of spending the $1800 or so on the 6-24X56 Illuminated ZD before I drop the cash on it versus ATACR, PMII, Kahles or SWARO

I was leaning towards the new K625I from Kahles and ATACR before I stumbled upon this information. With 3K scopes, am I going to pay for a better scope than what Meopta Offers or am I going to pay for their Marketing?

PS - I'm new to all this stuff and don't have the money to be jumping from scope to scope.

here is a link to that scope
https://www.meoptasportsoptics.com/us/produkt/zd-6-24x56-rd-728/

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,Bee
I would love to have a ZD. Problems are crappy reticles, old scope design (external battery at back of scope), and second focal plane. Even there Mildot looks like something that came off from a 70's scope. They need to develop a modern tactical line that competes with NF/Kahles and the rest. Right now I see their focus as being on the Euro hunting scene. I think they can make great glass and solid scopes mechanically, I don't think many PRS shooters use a duplex reticle. So much potential not being used. They could have a major impact on the US market if they listen to what the market wants and quit moving at the speed of a sloth. I will be one of the first in line if they get their head out of the sand.

I’ve known and used some Meopta on rifle scopes and binoculars for over ten 15 yrs. Did I have the status que of Leica, Zwiss, Swaraskoi, , no but did I miss anything; NO!!

I simple think its because they are not expensive. people feel the top expensive scopes are the best.

Last edited:
S2 spotter, B1 Plus 15x56/8x32 bino and R1 Fixed 7x scope are some of the best glass you will find regardless of price point.
Optika 6 has a high cost/performance ratio but is a bit hindered by less than popular feature sets.
3-18x50 MRAD and MRAD1 are great options

Reactions: Scopeye
I simple thing its because they are not expensive. people feel the top expensive scopes are the best.
Or they just have better glass and better reticles. I'd buy an Athlon Cronus over the Meopta, better glass IMO and I prefer the reticles.

Reactions: Zolar and FuhQ
I simple thing its because they are not expensive. people feel the top expensive scopes are the best.
No, most of the time, alpha tier scopes are exponentially better and refined to the point of not even being in the same ballpark.

Meopta isn’t bad, they’re just staying in their own lane…Budget optics.

Reactions: Zolar
Poor specs for what we do, reticle / turret combinations along with purpose built optics just aren’t there. It’s what we can do, not we should do with them.

The spotter with reticle was good and it vanished in a second. No dealers and sales that matter.

They just don’t talk to people and just make what they want.

I think personally that the Meopta is better than the Nightforce.
People just be paying for the name, and it makes them feel better.
Finally someone with some common sense!

Welcome aboard

The ZD 6-24 was originally a joint venture with Meopta and the Czech military to my knowledge. That being said, with input from forums such as this, we are definitely looking to provide products in the future that will better fit the competitive optics market. FFP is certainly one of the improvements we are looking into (no pun intended).

It's very refreshing to see someone whose behind these optics show up and welcome input. Very interested in how this plays out/what comes out of this.

This kind of dialogue is win/win if it leads to a scope folks want to buy which makes money for the manufacturer.

Last edited:
It's very refreshing to see someone whose behind these optics show up and welcome input. Very interested in how this plays out/what comes out of this.
Yes, true. Except that poster hasn’t been seen here since 8/18, so five years ago. Anything new on the Meopta scene since then?

Truly asking, since I don’t know.

Well, that's the "rub", I guess we'll see what pans out.

I'm old enough to know that out of 100 promises, nowhere near that many are kept.

Last edited:
Reactions: lash
I still take chances now and then, because what’s life without? But, you are correct. Bet on the possibles, not on the maybes, what ifs, and I wishes.

Reactions: Convex
I think personally that the Meopta is better than the Nightforce.
People just be paying for the name, and it makes them feel better.
Nightforce buys the Meopta spotter and slaps their brand label into them and adds a lot more dah-las KA-CHINGGGG to the price.

Cabela's on the other hand, slaps their own brand label then sells them for way cheaper than what Meopta sells them for so go figure!!!

S2 spotter, B1 Plus 15x56/8x32 bino and R1 Fixed 7x scope are some of the best glass you will find regardless of price point.
Optika 6 has a high cost/performance ratio but is a bit hindered by less than popular feature sets.
3-18x50 MRAD and MRAD1 are great options
Meopta Optika 6 4-27x50 30mm FFP illuminated RD MRAD1 Koshkin's DLO easy to see horseshoe reticle sane as the 3-18x currently on sale for $674.97 at Sportsman's with free shipping and 5-30x56 34mm FFP illuminated RD MRAD reticle (without the center horseshoe) on sale for $699.99 at Scopelist and EuroOptic with free shipping really can't go wrong at these sale prices. Lifetime warranty including their electronics.

What's apparent are their excellent glass quality and low light capabilities and overall fantastic build quality. I have yet to even hear of a single person needing to send theirs in for warranty. They're comparable to scopes that cost a lot more.

No, most of the time, alpha tier scopes are exponentially better and refined to the point of not even being in the same ballpark.

Meopta isn’t bad, they’re just staying in their own lane…Budget optics.
Their glass are at least on par if not better than the Burris XTR3 and XTR PRO somewhere in between.

Definitely better than the XTR2s.

You should try one from a return friendly dealer who has free returns from Walmart or Midway USA or Optics Planet. Nevermind if you don't get the vest organic ce since you're only borrowing it to compare to what you already have for the duration of their free returns policy. I suggested 2 specific Meopta Optika 6 scopes on sale but I don't know if they offer free returns that's why I suggested Walmart, Midway USA and Optics Planet regardless if they're not on sale since you're not keeping them anyway and if you do decide you want one of them after comparing both of these to your own scopes, return them for refund then buy them again for a lot cheaper on sale from Sportsman's 4.5-27x50 30mm MRAD1 $674.97 and Scopelist or EuroOptic 5-30x56 34mm MRAD $699.99.

Their glass are at least on par if not better than the Burris XTR3 and XTR PRO somewhere in between.

Definitely better than the XTR2s.

You should try one from a return friendly dealer who has free returns from Walmart or Midway USA or Optics Planet. Nevermind if you don't get the vest organic ce since you're only borrowing it to compare to what you already have for the duration of their free returns policy. I suggested 2 specific Meopta Optika 6 scopes on sale but I don't know if they offer free returns that's why I suggested Walmart, Midway USA and Optics Planet regardless if they're not on sale since you're not keeping them anyway and if you do decide you want one of them after comparing both of these to your own scopes, return them for refund then buy them again for a lot cheaper on sale from Sportsman's 4.5-27x50 30mm MRAD1 $674.97 and Scopelist or EuroOptic 5-30x56 34mm MRAD $699.99.
I used to sell Meopta, Zeiss, and Burris when I worked at the gun store. Granted, Meopta was a fledgling company here in the USA back then, and not very popular, but the old oringal MeoStar scopes were nice for the price. But they were certainly nowhere near top-tier. And honestly, the old cheap Burris scopes were so bad, that's why I never owned one, and didn't even give them a look for another 20 years after working there. Because of all the talk about them recently, i've looked through an Optika6 enough at my local store in the last few months to know what the glass compares to, and it compares very closely to my newer production XTR-II 5-25x50. Everyone's eyes are different, but through mine, they are VERY close.

Last edited:
I just bought a Optika 6 5-30.

IQ wise I haven't seen better in a FFP scope for the $699 I paid. General quality I'd put it less than Athlon ETR, mostly the turrets.

I just bought a Optika 6 5-30.

IQ wise I haven't seen better in a FFP scope for the $699 I paid. General quality I'd put it less than Athlon ETR, mostly the turrets.
I think it's closer in comparison to the Cronus BTR Gen 2 with the glass quality edge going to the much cheaper Meopta. I personally have reservations about the ETR line from Athlon just based on their sheer cost even when they go on sale vs actual value for what you really get and the fact they're still made in China abeit the best made in China optics if you get one without any defects. I think the Ares ETR 4.5-30x56 would be worth buying if they went in sale for $600-$650 IMHO and 3-18x50 ETR for $500-$550 based on country of manufacture and the fact the Ares BTR G2 4.5-27x50 is on sale for $565.49 and the Meopta Optika 6 5-30x56 34mm Illuminated FFP $699.99 and 4.5-27x50 FFP illuminated MRAD1 (Koshkin's DLO special easy to see center horseshoe MRAD1 reticle) for $674.97 at Sportsman's. Apply and get approved for their credit card for even a cheaper price off of this scope and earn several hundreds of dollars worth in rewards spending credit using the Sportsman's credit card all over the place outside of Sportsman's. Thank me later. Probably get at least another $200 off in the future when buying anything from Sportsman's using the credit card rewards earned then if they still have this Meopta in stock at the current sale price it's $474.97 or next time Vortex Razor Gen 1 20-60x85 spotting scope goes on sale for $749.99-$200.00 rewards = $549.99.

You should try one of the Optika 6 4.5-27x50 MRAD1 too and just return it if you don't like it. Maybe you got a local Sportsman's in your area? Either way they have free shipping. You probably even have a 50mm sunshade from a different brand of scope that just might fit this one too.

The Ares ETR 56mm sunshade should fit the 5-30x56 Meopta you just bought.

I wouldn't put build quality close to the G2 Cronus, like two full steps down from it and one step down to the ETR, but my Optika 6 does have superior IQ than both.
Thankfully it did deliver in that respect or I'd be disappointed. The fact that the turret lines aren't lined up with the line on the housing and that there is no rev indicator miffed me a bit.
Still I just like nice glass.

Nah, I've got more scopes than rifles right now so I'm going to wait until the G3 Cronus comes out until I start selling some other scopes to fund the purchase.

But I'm getting better informed in my opinions about "all" these scopes which includes Athlon. As always personal preferences make a big difference.
Now if I could afford having TT's and ZCO's on my better rifles much of my searching would be over ;):D

I wouldn't put build quality close to the G2 Cronus, like two full steps down from it and one step down to the ETR, but my Optika 6 does have superior IQ than both.
Thankfully it did deliver in that respect or I'd be disappointed. The fact that the turret lines aren't lined up with the line on the housing and that there is no rev indicator miffed me a bit.
Still I just like nice glass.

Nah, I've got more scopes than rifles right now so I'm going to wait until the G3 Cronus comes out until I start selling some other scopes to fund the purchase.

But I'm getting better informed in my opinions about "all" these scopes which includes Athlon. As always personal preferences make a big difference.
Now if I could afford having TT's and ZCO's on my better rifles much of my searching would be over ;):D
I think we always need to distinguish between "build quality" i.e. ruggedness, and "perceived build quality" i.e. fit and finish.
They do not always necessarily run together.

I think we always need to distinguish between "build quality" i.e. ruggedness, and "perceived build quality" i.e. fit and finish.
They do not always necessarily run together.
Yep and at the same time the price often doubles or triples. That being mentioned I don't want to go into my tirade of my expensive scopes having to go back to the factory for repair or having weird optical funkyness.

Reactions: Scopeye and lash
Yep and at the same time the price often doubles or triples. That being mentioned I don't want to go into my tirade of my expensive scopes having to go back to the factory for repair or having weird optical funkyness.
Isn't it normal or expected for overly expensive European made optics to need occasional factory service from time to time?

Just like if you bought a Ferrari or Lamborghini that needs (or requires) routine factory servicing a lot more than a Toyota?

I'm not saying this as a Burris shooter or bias guy, I'm saying this as a long time experienced long range/PRS shooter with two good eyes and a lot of optics experience. That comparison doesn't jibe with what I've seen.

You can take it as bias as you wish.

I've run rounds through a rifle with an Optika 6 3-18 in FFP and a BDC. I had an 18x XTRIII at the range on a 6.5 creed gasser. It gave up clarity to the XTRIII, and a lot of FOV. The Pro is much nicer on a lot of levels.

It's a good scope, I'm not knocking it. Very similar to the XTRII in price point and quality. I can't speak to the glass comparison, I havent looked through an XTRII in a while. Maybe its nicer glass. But the Meopta seems like good value for its price. Certainly better than some other optics I've seen in that price range. I would buy it all day over the Vortex offerings in that price.

Edit: I'd like to add that I would like to look through that 5.5-30×56 that they have. That looks like their flagship.

Last edited:
Reactions: FuhQ and Scopeye
I'm not saying this as a Burris shooter or bias guy, I'm saying this as a long time experienced long range/PRS shooter with two good eyes and a lot of optics experience. That comparison doesn't jibe with what I've seen.

You can take it as bias as you wish.

I've run rounds through a rifle with an Optika 6 3-18 in FFP and a BDC. I had an 18x XTRIII at the range on a 6.5 creed gasser. It gave up clarity to the XTRIII, and a lot of FOV. The Pro is much nicer on a lot of levels.

It's a good scope, I'm not knocking it. Very similar to the XTRII in price point and quality. I can't speak to the glass comparison, I havent looked through an XTRII in a while. Maybe its nicer glass. But the Meopta seems like good value for its price. Certainly better than some other optics I've seen in that price range. I would buy it all day over the Vortex offerings in that price.
Burris has the Meoptas beat when it comes to their huge wide angle FOV that's for sure. Meoptas are just like looking through Leupolds.

Reactions: Birddog6424
Isn't it normal or expected for overly expensive European made optics to need occasional factory service from time to time?

Just like if you bought a Ferrari or Lamborghini that needs (or requires) routine factory servicing a lot more than a Toyota?
No I wouldn't say so.

But we're talking about different issues in each scope. Some mechanical, some are optical anomalies, some are basically head scratching things that one wouldn't think a expensive scope should exhibit at the beginning of ownership or after a few years use. I mean heck what are we paying the big bucks for then.

A perfect example could be a S$B PM2 3-27x56. I haven't owned one but I remember I wasn't impressed about the IQ when I looked through it and as the years went by it turns out I wasn't wrong when reading others commenting on it. That was when this scope was the new thing and the guy had paid top dollar for it. Back then I paid $3850 for my 5-25 PM2 and he paid much more for his 3-27. It's a case of a scope designed to do too much so it has optical compromises. Not unlike some March scopes.

And actually one of my PM2 5-25's had a parallax knob that had low enough tension that it needed to be refocused every 3-4 shots.
I had to send my PM2 3-20 back twice because the elevation turret lost its clicks.
The list goes on with the other brands of higher dollar scopes I bought.

Shouldn't be but it is.

Reactions: lash and Scopeye
No I wouldn't say so.

But we're talking about different issues in each scope. Some mechanical, some are optical anomalies, some are basically head scratching things that one wouldn't think a expensive scope should exhibit at the beginning of ownership or after a few years use. I mean heck what are we paying the big bucks for then.

A perfect example could be a S$B PM2 3-27x56. I haven't owned one but I remember I wasn't impressed about the IQ when I looked through it and as the years went by it turns out I wasn't wrong when reading others commenting on it. That was when this scope was the new thing and the guy had paid top dollar for it. Back then I paid $3850 for my 5-25 PM2 and he paid much more for his 3-27. It's a case of a scope designed to do too much so it has optical compromises. Not unlike some March scopes.

And actually one of my PM2 5-25's had a parallax knob that had low enough tension that it needed to be refocused every 3-4 shots.
I had to send my PM2 3-20 back twice because the elevation turret lost its clicks.
The list goes on with the other brands of higher dollar scopes I bought.

Shouldn't be but it is.
Yep the S&B 3-27x56 sure was sucky and I no longer buy S&B.

I still have an old USA made Burris that's probably 20 years old that totally lost it's clicks and feels just like turning the top parallax adjustment knob on my Kahles 10-50X MOAK. It still tracks fine believe it or not and use it for dialing in each and every shot and fortunately it's not being used on a heavy recoiling rifle. I guess this is what the new Burris Veracity PH electro scope turret must feel like.

Or they just have better glass and better reticles. I'd buy an Athlon Cronus over the Meopta, better glass IMO and I prefer the reticles.
I have a Cronus BTR Gen 2 4.5-29x56 as well as a Meopta 3-18x50. Different mag ranges yes but optically the Meopta is every bit as good if not a bit brighter even at the same mag ratio. The Cronus, which is twice the cost, is more compact and ergonomically is a bit better. The turrets are hellish tight though and I actually prefer the Meopta turrets in some ways though they're tall/large. The Cronus is marked better and it's easier for me to read. Reticle wise, I've taken more to the Meopta's MRAD1 RD. I enjoy shooting through the Meopta more.

Ok I’ve had glass from the best but my Schmidt & Bender wasn’t a $1000.00 dollar better than my Meopta.

• Haha
Reactions: FuhQ
I am not saying Meopta is Top of line but I am saying what you receive for what you pay is a worth while option.

Having had my Optica 6/ 5-30 for 7 months now, I still rate the glass as above average for the price, other controls are fine 'except turrets', and turrets are falling back a step or two compared to my Cronus G2's, Athlon ETR, Midas TAC, and even Helos G2's.
Meopta, essentially you pay for the IQ or maybe the reticle if one is your favorite.

I'm still not satisfied with three non Athlon brand scopes I've tried the previous two years. A Vector Continental 5-30/lower quality overall, a Vortex Razor LHT 4.5-22/poor value, and this Meopta/decent value for the $699 I paid. That's a $3000 street price test I did to find out some things I was wondering about.

Even though I feel the IQ is better in the Meopta than the mentioned scopes "except for the ETR 15-60 which as nice or nicer" I can't abide lackluster turrets and certainly won't rate it as high as the Cronus G2 as far as controls but especially turrets.

I paid $800 for the Vector at a discount because I like the reticle but it doesn't hold zero anymore so needs to go back under warranty, has unimpressive glass, and to me the turrets are halfway decent at best.

The "Razor" LHT, uh Vortex should be ashamed of. Glass is decent, lightweight, has daylight bright illume but a $2000 MSRP scope, no way?! Turrets are below par. I paid $1160 new so I'm not totally distraught but to me it's more in line with a scope priced 20% less than I bought it for.

For the street price of $1100 or so I have to give the Cronus G2 the thumbs up as #1 for the money. Everything is heavy duty feeling, best turrets out there in this price range, daylight bright illume, great reticles, compact, and decent IQ.

Last edited:
While Meopta "features" aren't the latest greatest their glass is superior to many scopes priced higher because of the reticle/turrets etc. which I get.
I have an older ZD 4-16 that while older Euro tech it performs well. Bino's are very good I have 2 mid range models and many consider them comparable to many of the high end way more pricey choices and my take is it's a brand chasing exercise not a true comparison of glass. YMMV

Having had my Optica 6/ 5-30 for 7 months now, I still rate the glass as above average for the price, other controls are fine 'except turrets', and turrets are falling back a step or two compared to my Cronus G2's, Athlon ETR, Midas TAC, and even Helos G2's.
Meopta, essentially you pay for the IQ or maybe the reticle if one is your favorite.

I'm still not satisfied with three non Athlon brand scopes I've tried the previous two years. A Vector Continental 5-30/lower quality overall, a Vortex Razor LHT 4.5-22/poor value, and this Meopta/decent value for the $699 I paid. That's a $3000 street price test I did to find out some things I was wondering about.

Even though I feel the IQ is better in the Meopta than the mentioned scopes "except for the ETR 15-60 which as nice or nicer" I can't abide lackluster turrets and certainly won't rate it as high as the Cronus G2 as far as controls but especially turrets.

I paid $800 for the Vector at a discount because I like the reticle but it doesn't hold zero anymore so needs to go back under warranty, has unimpressive glass, and to me the turrets are halfway decent at best.

The "Razor" LHT, Vortex, should be ashamed of. Glass is decent, lightweight, has daylight bright illume but a $2000 MSRP scope, no way?! Turrets are below par. I paid $1160 new so I'm not totally distraught but to me it's more in line with a scope priced 20% less than I bought it for.

For the street price of $1100 or so I have to give the Cronus G2 the thumbs up as #1 for the money. Everything is heavy duty feeling, best turrets out there in this price range, daylight bright illume, great reticles, compact, and decent IQ.

While Meopta "features" aren't the latest greatest their glass is superior to many scopes priced higher because of the reticle/turrets etc. which I get.
I have an older ZD 4-16 that while older Euro tech it performs well. Bino's are very good I have 2 mid range models and many consider them comparable to many of the high end way more pricey choices and my take is it's a brand chasing exercise not a true comparison of glass. YMMV
This Randy fella has been fuckstarting years old threads most of the day and filling them with shit.

He just had a thread talking about a first rate phenomenal barrel that shot better than he did, except he hadn’t shot it yet