• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Suppressors why no beretta love?

Re: why no beretta love?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VAJayJayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BLAH BLAH BLAH, dont like it dont buy it! Carry one in combat and your opinion might change, yes I said MIGHT. I think they are great, no notable bad experiences with them, while serving, competing with, or just steel blastin, but thats ME, You have the right to hate it so hate on with your hatin self.

lovain1932.......learn to shoot first.</div></div>

Copy, M9 'hatin' self', hatin' on......

Theres alot of stuff wrong with the design as weve pointed out but accuracy is not one of them. Worse groups than a lcr come on guy.

When they come out with one in .45ACP and run it reliably for over 500,000 rounds without major failure, I might consider getting one. As it stands, my custom 1911 does and will.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cvedrick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When they come out with one in .45ACP and run it reliably for over 500,000 rounds without major failure, I might consider getting one. As it stands, my custom 1911 does and will. </div></div>

Those are big words. So you're saying you have 500k through your 1911 with out any major failures? Did you change any springs or other wear parts in that 500k?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bjdm151</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cvedrick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When they come out with one in .45ACP and run it reliably for over 500,000 rounds without major failure, I might consider getting one. As it stands, my custom 1911 does and will. </div></div>

Those are big words. So you're saying you have 500k through your 1911 with out any major failures? Did you change any springs or other wear parts in that 500k? </div></div>

Yes I did change out springs, they are indeed wear parts, If you read I said "major failure" If we were talking about a small block **** engine and running it for 200,000 miles without major repairs, would you not consider oil changes and new belts and hoses to be "maintenance and wear parts?"

As far as the number of rounds, go check out some of the IPSC boards.

"A 1911 is a hammer, The FAL is an anvil, between the two we will beat the stuffing out of the opponents."

Must be one helluva barrel!
grin.gif

I've never had a problem with my Beretta 96. I've carried it for 10 years, but I've never had any problems with any of the 1911s I've shot either. Just from what I've experienced both firearms function just fine. However I have put more rounds down range with my Beretta (only because I don't own a 1911 yet).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VAJayJayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BLAH BLAH BLAH, dont like it dont buy it! Carry one in combat and your opinion might change, yes I said MIGHT. I think they are great, no notable bad experiences with them, while serving, competing with, or just steel blastin, but thats ME, You have the right to hate it so hate on with your hatin self.

lovain1932.......learn to shoot first. </div></div>

I have carried an M9 for 2 deployments and only because it is the only pistol my previous units would let me use.

We are back at the range as of Wednesday this week and we had another locking block fail with less than 70 rounds fired that day. I was not surprised.

We have shot a total of about 1,000 rounds per man (with 29 men) over the course of three days and had 6 mechanical failures. That is 1 mechanical failure in less than 5,000 rounds on average. What part of that is acceptable to you VJJ?

A new failure I hadn't seen before is somehow the takedown lever failed and rendered the weapon inoperable.

Another failure I remembered after I wrote my first post is the pins at the rear of the frame that hold part of the trigger mechanism and safeties in tend to loosen up and fall out. Just another example of how awesome these guns are.

In the end, I think there is probably a significant difference in quality between the military contract pistols and the civilian versions. Saying you have great experiences with the civy versions isn't really relevant to me as I deal with the mil versions and their failure rate is ridiculous for a combat pistol.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: McCrazy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VAJayJayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BLAH BLAH BLAH, dont like it dont buy it! Carry one in combat and your opinion might change, yes I said MIGHT. I think they are great, no notable bad experiences with them, while serving, competing with, or just steel blastin, but thats ME, You have the right to hate it so hate on with your hatin self.

lovain1932.......learn to shoot first. </div></div>

I have carried an M9 for 2 deployments and only because it is the only pistol my previous units would let me use.

We are back at the range as of Wednesday this week and we had another locking block fail with less than 70 rounds fired that day. I was not surprised.

We have shot a total of about 1,000 rounds per man (with 29 men) over the course of three days and had 6 mechanical failures. That is 1 mechanical failure in less than 5,000 rounds on average. What part of that is acceptable to you VJJ?

A new failure I hadn't seen before is somehow the takedown lever failed and rendered the weapon inoperable.

Another failure I remembered after I wrote my first post is the pins at the rear of the frame that hold part of the trigger mechanism and safeties in tend to loosen up and fall out. Just another example of how awesome these guns are.

In the end, I think there is probably a significant difference in quality between the military contract pistols and the civilian versions. Saying you have great experiences with the civy versions isn't really relevant to me as I deal with the mil versions and their failure rate is ridiculous for a combat pistol. </div></div>
Curious to know the exact amount of rounds thru each pistol before failure and not some guesstimation!

I think its funny that when it comes to pistol choices, regardless of which pistol is mentioned, someone will always find a test that the topic pistol has failed. Whether its a government sanctioned torture test, magazine review, private owner, I have seen every pistol created by man have some sort of failure. Pistols made now have far less risk of failure than they did 20 years ago. Whether you want a $700 dollar sig, $400 glock, a $300 base factory 1911 or a $2200 custom job with all the bells and whistles, odds are you are going to be happy. There is more opinion than fact used in the decision process. The military didnt pick the 92 because its the best you can get, the same reason there is no magic in the .308 winchester. It was chosen because it fit their needs, and was cost effective. Everyone will pick a pistol based on their needs and wants. That doesnt make it the best, or perfect, but some will say that it is to justify their purchase.

Turk- I can't speak to the amount of rounds that had been through that particular weapon previously, nor would I venture a guess at it. We don't keep a round count on pistols or most other weapons. We just replace them when they break or are out of spec (fail guaging) for the most part.

I also had an M4 a couple days ago in which the barrel was shot out. Couldn't shoot better that 4" groups with it at 25 yards; but back on topic.

I made another post several weeks backin this thread in which I mentioned a brand new M9 that had a locking block failure the first day of use. We put about 500-600 rounds through our pistols the first day so it went from new to broken in less than 600 rounds. That is not citing something I read or heard somewhere. It was something I witnessed firsthand.

I don't know about the M-9, but I have a rather new 92FS. In the last couple days I went throught 500 reloads using cast bullets it checking it out for possible use in a steel match in two weeks. I only had one malfucntion, that was because one of the cases split while reloading and wouldnt fit the chambr. Don't think I could blame the gun on that round.

I guess we'll see how long it holds up with that type shooting. So far I'm impressed.

lovain1932.......learn to shoot first. </div></div> Are you really that stupid or do you just not know how to communicate effectively. My hatin self you say. I just stated the obvious of the pistols performance or lack there of. And how many kills do you have with your beretta. I promise you one thing just because you served does not make you a weapons expert. i know the only reason Beretta has the military contract is they were willing to sell the pieces of crap for 87.00 a piece, They tried to get sig sauer and they were not willing to sell a real weapon for such basement prices. I have numerous shooting buddies that served and carried the beretta and not one of them cared for it. And as far as you telling me to learn how to shoot I still am willing to put up the 5k to prove I could out shoot you and your beretta.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lovain1932</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VAJayJayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BLAH BLAH BLAH, dont like it dont buy it! Carry one in combat and your opinion might change, yes I said MIGHT. I think they are great, no notable bad experiences with them, while serving, competing with, or just steel blastin, but thats ME, You have the right to hate it so hate on with your hatin self.

lovain1932.......learn to shoot first. </div></div> Are you really that stupid or do you just not know how to communicate effectively. My hatin self you say. I just stated the obvious of the pistols performance or lack there of. And how many kills do you have with your beretta. I promise you one thing just because you served does not make you a weapons expert. i know the only reason Beretta has the military contract is they were willing to sell the pieces of crap for 87.00 a piece, They tried to get sig sauer and they were not willing to sell a real weapon for such basement prices. I have numerous shooting buddies that served and carried the beretta and not one of them cared for it. And as far as you telling me to learn how to shoot I still am willing to put up the 5k to prove I could out shoot you and your beretta. </div></div>

wow what a deuche, the early mention of being a hater was directed towards shooter and sandwarrior, of which both make valid points and opinions.....you however stated your gun could only shoot 3-5 inch groups, so on top of needing to learn how to shoot, you need to also learn how to read and comprehend. You Also stated someone elses opinion(classic). My match results and titles speak for themselves, so your puff your chest out over the internet routine is again CLASSIC, so i'd pass friendly advice and take the 5K you're challenging and buy some lessons.

In summary......you're a tool

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VAJayJayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lovain1932</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VAJayJayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BLAH BLAH BLAH, dont like it dont buy it! Carry one in combat and your opinion might change, yes I said MIGHT. I think they are great, no notable bad experiences with them, while serving, competing with, or just steel blastin, but thats ME, You have the right to hate it so hate on with your hatin self.

lovain1932.......learn to shoot first. </div></div> Are you really that stupid or do you just not know how to communicate effectively. My hatin self you say. I just stated the obvious of the pistols performance or lack there of. And how many kills do you have with your beretta. I promise you one thing just because you served does not make you a weapons expert. i know the only reason Beretta has the military contract is they were willing to sell the pieces of crap for 87.00 a piece, They tried to get sig sauer and they were not willing to sell a real weapon for such basement prices. I have numerous shooting buddies that served and carried the beretta and not one of them cared for it. And as far as you telling me to learn how to shoot I still am willing to put up the 5k to prove I could out shoot you and your beretta. </div></div>

wow what a deuche, the early mention of being a hater was directed towards shooter and sandwarrior, of which both make valid points and opinions.....you however stated your gun could only shoot 3-5 inch groups, so on top of needing to learn how to shoot, you need to also learn how to read and comprehend. You Also stated someone elses opinion(classic). My match results and titles speak for themselves, so your puff your chest out over the internet routine is again CLASSIC, so i'd pass friendly advice and take the 5K you're challenging and buy some lessons.

In summary......you're a tool </div></div>And my qualifications as a shooter speaks for itself So go wherever it is you hide and play with yourself you little tampon. I can offer you shooting lessons since I am an instructor. But then guys like you don't feel you need it. You probably did'nt learn anything in basic either did you. You already knew it all

all right all you hater Mchatersons, figured you guys would like this, and to show I dont take offense to this debate on to hate or not to hate. Everyone here knows I like the M9 and has worked well for me but I witnessed this down at All Army last week. A guy shot his first mag and went to reload and noticed something was afoot with his gun

068.jpg

the gun above was a National Guard gun, who knows how old or the round count but I've never seen one's slide split in two like that.

Note- the safety catch worked and the rear half of the slide stayed where it is in the pic

During my 07-08 Iraq tour I worked with the SEAL who took the Navy M9 slide to the face, causing NAVSPECWAR to switch to the P226 and Army and Beretta to design the slide stop

Cool picture. I've cracked and broken locking blocks but not a slide.

My last unit just before PCS cracked two slides & frames. (I regret some taking any pics but it had been common enough over the years that one tends to just carry on) I kept the factory box one came in just for posterity.
This particular unit several years ago most if not all of their M9's upgraded to the thicker Brigadier slide. So some new holsters were needed. Arg, M9'd again!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sinister</div><div class="ubbcode-body">During my 07-08 Iraq tour I worked with the SEAL who took the Navy M9 slide to the face, causing NAVSPECWAR to switch to the P226 and Army and Beretta to design the slide stop

Cool picture. I've cracked and broken locking blocks but not a slide. </div></div>
Thought the slide stop was used earlier along w/ the switch to the 226's?? Btw 226's had slide rail seperation issues also.

Ahh, the good ol M9 Beretta.

When we were taking the coaches course, as I was practicing my magazine drills, my buddy read one of the training manuals aloud.

He read that the "M9 will go a mean [as in average, not as in unfriendly] 10,000 rounds between misfires" - that proved less than true the next day when I stovepiped some brass.

Anyways, there is a special place in my heart for the M9 as it is decent gun to teach folks on because its got all the features - a single action/double action trigger, a safety thats also a decocking lever etc.

However, there's just so much about the m9 to absolutely despise.

The thing has a service pistol sized barrel with a compact size grip.

Excuse me, a compact length grip- girth wise the thing is enormous. It feels like a double stack 45 auto in your hand.

That open slide feature so that way "stovepiping brass is nearly impossible" just serves to allow as much dust, sand, and debris to get through the whole weapon as possible.

Lastly, that huge grip makes it impossible for many shooters to achieve proper hand placement on the grip of the weapon while still getting proper trigger finger placement as well.

This is all to say that if I find someone looking to sell a used m9 for 100 bucks, I'd buy it just to teach folks on, but beyond that, I hate that thing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1shot2kill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">how could you not love a gun that has super sweet add on's

98dh6t.jpg

20fxdli.jpg
</div></div>

I gotta say - that is starting to look like those crazy pistols that reload themselves from the movie- Equilibrium with Christian Bale

Schlafftablett said:
Ah! At last you make a point that I agree on!
grin.gif

Oh, and if I could get away with it I’d carry a SAA over here… next to my G-lock

[/quote

Yep can't agree more, I would much rather carry my SIG P226, what ever happened to the days when you could carry a privet purchased side arm?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: armydog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what ever happened to the days when you could carry a privet purchased side arm? </div></div>

Soldiers can't be trusted. Didn't they beat that into your thick skull at basic
confused.gif

FYI, I felt the same way when I was stuck in the desert working for our favorite / not-so-favorite Uncle.

I understand people dislike it but I have no issues with it. I've never had issues with one that I have shot. I also had a cousin serve and the only complaint he had with it is it didn't really fit his hands. When I asked him about issues he said his only experience with M9s that broke or had issues were clearly in circulation for a long long time and seemed to have been abused and or the soldier who it was issued to did not maintain it very well. I mean over time, given enough time, anything and everything will eventually break.

All childish name-calling aside, a gun is a machine and if you put hundreds of thousands of rounds down one, it is going to break. Is, not If. I've seen smith and wessons, SIGs, Glocks, CZs and Berettas all with broken slides. Run enough rounds through them or hot enough rounds and eventually they're going to wear out. This doesn't surprise me in the least bit with a gun that has been passed down from person to person in the military. I've owned over 20 different types of handguns, including glock and I always go back to the beretta for it's reliability. Use decent magazines and take care of the gun and it will take care of you. Probably the only gun I've ever fired without a SINGLE jam or malfunction.

Not sure if I've made this post in Beretta's defense before or not.

Well, a new record...only "four" malfunctions today!! The usual suspects; locking block failures and trigger bar return spring rendered them inop/NMC. I say with a large dose of sarcastic irony. And one more, I had to post earlier about the dreaded 'dead man's gun' that results from inadvertantly manipulating the safety on during a slide rack and it happened to me today...friggin ARG!! with hot steam emanating from skull! Hadn't seen it since 2004 but then I post about its existence and then it happens to me! Double darn. Glad it wasn't in combat. Chalk it off to 'hatin' if you want, this is real experience, not just an academic discussion. Whatever, I'm dun with it.
0411111532.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Breachers Up</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1shot2kill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">how could you not love a gun that has super sweet add on's

98dh6t.jpg

20fxdli.jpg
</div></div>

I gotta say - that is starting to look like those crazy pistols that reload themselves from the movie- Equilibrium with Christian Bale </div></div>
it is a pretty crazy pistol but a lot of fun to shoot i have it up for sale at the moment

...not quite done yet. Today was more like 'normal', if you consider normal where the world's most powerful military has a sidearm where on any given day of hard use, X number of weapons goes down/is Non-mission capable. Am I the only one who thinks this unacceptable and bizarre?
Anyway, about 20 broke today (mostly locking blocks but some safety-decock, etc). Proof enough? Want some more pictures posted? At this point, I conclude not because anyone singing its praises usually doesn't pound out the round count in them and/or they may or may not serve in units that shoot on a two-way range with possibility of actually having to use the secondary weapon.
Oh, and the dreaded 'dead-mans gun' resulting from the inadvertant manipulation of the safety during a slide rack drill: saw two more today. A veritable epidemic after going years without witness the phenomena.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1shot2kill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i have noticed that there is no love for beretta pistols on this site in fact a lot of bashing goes on and i was wondering why sure the military has had a fair share of problems with them due to the crap magazines but most guns i can think of have had rough patches so lets here some feedback </div></div>

I've had no issues with mine and it shoots like a dream.

Mine is the Brigadier model, understand it was reinforced thicker (?) than the standard 92f, and it's stainless (FS).

As for mags, read the fine print on my mags "Made in Italy" - although I have a few Beretta USA mags but my main carry are the Italian mags.

beretta1_sm.jpg

That doesn't seem to be a Brigadier; maybe a compact, sure as hell ain't stainless. FS does not denote the pistol being stainless.

cracked blocks? You don't say? Yeah, high pressure +P+ ammo tends to do that. *cough* NATO ammo *cough.* And yeah I know it's all you're allowed to use but is it really necessary? Geneva convention was never even ratified for the US. If the US wanted to get serious about shit they'd quit using ball ammo.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dsparil</div><div class="ubbcode-body">cracked blocks? You don't say? Yeah, high pressure +P+ ammo tends to do that. *cough* NATO ammo *cough.* And yeah I know it's all you're allowed to use but is it really necessary? Geneva convention was never even ratified for the US. If the US wanted to get serious about shit they'd quit using ball ammo. </div></div>

I think your refering to the Hague conv.As far as non ball things are looking up take a look at the Marines mk318/319 ammo.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Turk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That doesn't seem to be a Brigadier; maybe a compact, sure as hell ain't stainless. FS does not denote the pistol being stainless. </div></div>

OK Exactly what is it then?

The receipt says it's a 92FS SS SB (Short barrel?)
The book says it is a steel frame (Does not specify stainless or not)

Other than it says 92FS on the side, and has a shorter barrel?

Was thinking it might be the Beretta 92FS Centurion model but that one has a smaller slide on a full size frame.

I purchased this one new in 1999.

FYI.

I took my g/f to Bullseye in Tacoma and we fired every 9mm they had to test which one felt best in her hands.

Beretta Cougar made it, HOWEVER, she has a habit of limp-wristing it and stovepiping it.

She got frustrated and I told her it was her wrist and showed her how to correct it.

Still no go she didn't buy into it.

I hand her the 92FS and 4 mags and told her to go to town.

4 more mags.

4 MORE mags.

Not one stovepipe, not one jam.

That is the reliability I like. I can stovepipe her Beretta Cougar easily, and most other 9mm's as well by limp wristing it.

I cannot intentionally stovepipe my 92FS.

That's just my experience, your mileage may vary.

It's very interesting to read this thread. I just got a brand new 92FS in trade. Part of me wants to sell it because I've heard of reliability issues. But part of me wants to keep it because it feels good in my hand and seems to have a NPA for me.

HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE!

I love my 92fs, I think I posted pics back a couple pages. Had it only maybe 2-3 months, and out atleast 1k rnds a month through it, and not a failure yet.

Only thing we usually shoot is WWB or other walmart brands because its cheap, and its VERY accurate. No problems yet, but I am also not dragging it through dirt and sand while in battle.

I hate seeing that our troops are having issues with the stuff they are supplied with, but given the conditions, anything could fail.... just my .2

My Beretta is one of my most accurate pistols. I have an inox brigadier. Fits my hand like a glove. I love shooting that one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArcticLight</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Turk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That doesn't seem to be a Brigadier; maybe a compact, sure as hell ain't stainless. FS does not denote the pistol being stainless. </div></div>

OK Exactly what is it then?

The receipt says it's a 92FS SS SB (Short barrel?)
The book says it is a steel frame (Does not specify stainless or not)

Other than it says 92FS on the side, and has a shorter barrel?

FS denotes 'fixed sights' in case anyone is wondering.
Was thinking it might be the Beretta 92FS Centurion model but that one has a smaller slide on a full size frame.

I purchased this one new in 1999.

</div></div>

I just shot a Beretta 92fs for the first time this past weekend... I love it. I will be getting one soon. The one I'm shooting I borrowed from a less gun savvy person and the poor thing was dry as a bone and probably never cleaned. So it stove piped twice before I lubed it. After that ran like a top.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VjjR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just shot a Beretta 92fs for the first time this past weekend... I love it. I will be getting one soon.
</div></div>

Cool, you can buy my brand new one
wink.gif

I have a Police Trade-in 92FS Police Special. Seems it was made in 1993 or 1994 based on the date on the night sights. Old frame style, with the straight dust cover. It had definitely been used quite a bit when I received it.

I carry it almost every day at work (gun store, open carry). I could carry an H&K P7, or a FNH-USA FNP-9... But I prefer the Beretta.

I like the slide mounted safety. The grip is ideal. To me it is about as ergonomically perfect as a pistol can get.

I won't say I've never had a problem out of it. After about 500 rounds the trigger return spring broke (a known design flaw, I expected it, especially with the round count it probably already had). I got the Wolff upgraded unit and it's been great.

I had it lock up on me once because of an obviously faulty round of Winchester White Box. The case mouth had been folded over slightly when they pressed the bullet in. Not the pistol's fault, but it was a failure.

One of the Check-Mate magazines (2010 Manufacture) I use with it required me to push the slide forward the first time I used it, because of built-up dry lube on the feed lips. I loaded and unloaded it a few times to wear the lube off, and now it works perfectly; I carry it with a Check-Mate magazine. This may also be a result, at least partially, of a worn out action spring.

As with any used gun with a high round count, some time to figure out the bugs and bring it up to standard is to be expected. That's why you test equipment on the range before you need to depend on it. I didn't find any of the issues with this pistol to be abnormal or excessive. I absolutely trust my life to it, both when carrying at work and as my bedside gun.

As far as the military's issues... Taking in every Beretta M9 and doing a basic inspection and rebuild on every one would pretty much solve their problems. You can't expect a pistol to be in <span style="text-decoration: line-through">service</span> constant abuse for 25 years and come out working perfectly. Upgrade the trigger return springs, change out the action springs, give them the latest generation locking block, and issue new magazines.... Every pistol could be brought up to functionally-new condition for $80 per pistol at retail.

I haven't owned the Beretta, only the Tarus. I don't hate either and my Tarus was an accurate pistol. Yet, in picking a 9, it would be real high on my list. I've owned Browning HP (very tough to beat handling), Sigs (very nice and very smooth) and now have a M19 Glock (that I modified by reshaping the grip so that it's very close in grip angle to my .45(P14). The Tarus/Beretta just doesn't feel right in my hand, or at least not as right as many others.

Just wanted to chime in again with the latest news in my neck of the woods... We just started our range time again today so M9s breaking were expected. Out of 26 shooters with the M9 we had 6 major breakages as follows:

3x locking block failures

1x trigger bar worn to the point where it would no longer fire the weapon on DA

1x slide break on the right side of the ejection port

1x frame breakage on the right side rail where the locking lug pushes against

Admittedly these are high round count guns but a failure rate of almost 25% in one day is ridiculous by anyones standards.

the locking block needs to be replaced every 50k rounds according to beretta.
honeslty I prefer the taurus for its safety location.
Ive only had a couple of stovepipes in the many thousands of rounds ive put through various poorly maintained m9s and m9a1s.
most issues i ever had in the army were due to oooold mags with springs well past their prime.
I dont like the berreta but i respect it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dmg308</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dsparil</div><div class="ubbcode-body">cracked blocks? You don't say? Yeah, high pressure +P+ ammo tends to do that. *cough* NATO ammo *cough.* And yeah I know it's all you're allowed to use but is it really necessary? Geneva convention was never even ratified for the US. If the US wanted to get serious about shit they'd quit using ball ammo. </div></div>

I think your refering to the Hague conv.As far as non ball things are looking up take a look at the Marines mk318/319 ammo. </div></div>

MK 318/319 are reverse drawn, just like the SMK in MK 262 and M118LR. the open tip is not designed to expand si it does not fall under the Hague Convention rules. The only difference is that MK318/319 are considered barrier blind, meaning they are designed to continue the same path of flight after penetrating auto glass and doors. Personally I think we should be shooting hajj with Accubonds or TSX's...