• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Why NX8 1-8’s are being sold?

ATMester

Private
Minuteman
Jun 26, 2020
When I was doing searches, and reading about the NX8 1-8’s, I saw a million thread in the classifieds also. People who were previously raving about it, now selling it.
Am I missing here something?

I just picked up one (NF NX8, 1-8 mil) for a shtf gun.
I will also start using it for shooting short /mid range rifle matches, kinda like 3gun)
Would replace an MRO on 16” 5.56
I have my rifle in case of a self defense scenario, or shtf.
thanks,

Attachments

• EABD6521-CFE7-4705-BDB7-84EB1A68E2B2.jpeg
    EABD6521-CFE7-4705-BDB7-84EB1A68E2B2.jpeg
    451.3 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
It’s not that great of an optic. Most likely people dumping it for a Razor 1-10. I know I will be selling mine once I find a good price on the Razor. Luckily NF resell values are pretty good so I’m in no hurry.

Reactions: Birddog6424
I would think the Vortex is alot heavier. I like to keep my AR-15 light. Guess it's only 4oz heavier???

I actually really liked mine. I sold it to fund something else but then regretted it. I now have the Vortex 1-10x and really enjoy it. I'm no expert, but the BDC reticle is something I've been wanting since I used the MK6 CMR-W.

If I were to sell my Vortex I'd get the NX8 or 1-6x Razor

You could almost start a sub-forum with the "Why are all the [insert optic] being sold?" threads I've seen over the yrs.

1. Random timing, sometimes people decide to sell things at the same time, in 30 days you may not be able to find one anywhere. Trust me, if you're kind of looking for something and the PX is flooded with them and you put it off for a while you'll suddenly find that they no longer exist. (how do I know that? :rolleyes:)
  2. Something new(er) came on the market. Happens a lot, usually just after the stuff that was shown off at SHOT finally gets on the street
  3. pre-orders come in (finally)... oh yea, after everyone who pre-ordered [hot item] has it show up (usually months late) and has already gotten something else. That'll get a bunch of stuff out there, either the new item or the one bought to use in the interim.
  4. Lots of people needing money and expensive scopes sitting in the safe aren't putting new tires on the truck.
Just a few things that come to mind.

Reactions: deersniper
So is the NX8 1-8 still considered a keeper then?

I only had lower quality scopes before (Vortex Viper PST gen1 and gen2)
but there’s something what is bugging me, what I can’t really recall seeing in my previous scopes:
Seems like I can divide the glass for about 4 (kinda like glass inside the glass...)
On 1X in the middle -around the dot the image clarity is great. As things getting a little bit to the side of the glass the image quality drops.
And again. And by outer the side of the reticle the image is just plain blurry...
Am I missing here something? I heard about people talking about edge to edge clarity when it comes to scopes but it certainly does not exist in my scope. Or it just doesn’t apply to the NX8?

I was never a fan of the NX8. Feature for feature, tight eyebox, cost... it just never had the value of several decent optics that came in $300 to $500 less money.

It's a very lightweight, compact design. Beyond that the only redeeming value of it is it says NF on the side. Without that I think sales would have been far worse.

5-6 years ago it would have been a great optic, at its price to compete with the CQBSS.

Today, the vortex owns it, at a similar price. They need to drop the price to like $1k to make it competitive.

Plus NF were faggots not offering the DC-DM reticle and forcing people to spend another thousand on the ATACR for it.

Looking back over the years NF has made a lot of dumb decisions where they could have owned the market if they just provided what people wanted. Mostly their reticles just suck.

Reactions: Birddog6424