• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Why shouldn't i get a mesa pistol grip for 870 hunting gun?

Jarrett M

Private
Minuteman
Jan 22, 2022
Md
I simply prefer it for comfort over traditional the lack of angle is uncomfortable to me is their any reason to keep that style over a pistol grip?

It's a dumb move on a Mossberg because of the tang safety. For an 870? Nah go for it.

It's just one more thing to trip over, get snagged on decoy bags, snagged on blind bags, ran into by a dog, hung up on the way up to shoot.

Reactions: Jack's Dad
Dude, you've been analyzing the piss out of this shotgun for a month. Just buy what you think you'll like and do what you want to it. It's your gun and this is america. Odds are you'll end up messing with it again later anyway.

After owning many of both style grips I think pistol grips in shotguns suck. Never seem to point fast and snag on everything. For a turkey or deer (slug) gun I say great. But everything else nope for me