• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Why so few swfa ss 5-20 for sale

axeltow

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 5, 2011
Clarksville, tn
I keep a pretty good eye on the optics fs forum while I live in my personal hell of deciding what scope to replace my hdmr on my comp gun with. I realized today that there are few swfa ss 5-20s that trade hands. Even fewer illuminated examples. I could only find 2 in the first 10 pages of the optics for sale forum. While new s&bs come up fs every day.
My question. Do owners of these scopes love them that much that they don't want to part with them. Or are there just not as many around as the truck loads of nf, USO, sb, ect that sell every day.

Re: Why so few swfa ss 5-20 for sale

They are very good scopes and most that own them know that. That combined with the fact they are backordered I think is why people aren't letting go of them.

If you can get one, it's a great option.

Like a good feeling pair of shoes, if it works then no reason to not use it.

We've got two and even thought some consider them mid to low end of quality scopes we have no desire or need to step up. They just plain work and are very good quality for the money.

Topstrap

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mdesign</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why replace your HDMR? </div></div>
Its has a horus reticle and I like to dial. Im putting it on a 308 ar10.

There will be one up for sale when mine finally comes in. Back ordered like everyone else. I won it at a match and don't need it.

I have one and love it I am guessing a lot of the people that have them dont want to part with them. I looked at it as a possibility for the next rifle I am building although I think I will end up going with a Vortex Razor HD 5-20 as I want to give that scope a try.

I got mine intending to sell it (and wait for the 1-6x to come in), once I mounted it though, I wound up selling my Bushnell instead.

I have a feeling there will be a lot of them coming up for sale when the group buy comes in. I've seen various people on various forums who bought the 1-6 and 5-20, and are already looking for buyers for the 5-20.

Got two and love them. Two great scopes for the cost of one. Certainly isn't a schmidt or premier but more than enough for my needs. I recommend them unless you have money to burn on the higher end units.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: axeltow</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I keep a pretty good eye on the optics fs forum while I live in my personal hell of deciding what scope to replace my hdmr on my comp gun with. I realized today that there are few swfa ss 5-20s that trade hands. Even fewer illuminated examples. I could only find 2 in the first 10 pages of the optics for sale forum. While new s&bs come up fs every day.
My question. Do owners of these scopes love them that much that they don't want to part with them. Or are there just not as many around as the truck loads of nf, USO, sb, ect that sell every day.</div></div>

PM Sent

they are great scope for the money, superb glass, perfect tracking and good loking scope too, i would sell a few other scopes before my SS 5-20

I love mine. When they first came out, there were always a few for sale because people bought something else while waiting for the backorders.

Also, they just came out one yr ago, not as many around as other manufacturers.

Maybe like me, where the ones that want to sell don't have the 100 posts to be able to list in the classified section here.

Thanks for all the replies guys. I just wanted to hear from owners. While the ss is in the running so are many others. Im mil so I get discounts on a few. The problem I have is that no one makes exactly what i want. Not even the holy grail s&b (which I have at work). The Kahles looks promising. Just need to check out the mil4 and mil6 in person.
I like the ss though for something to play with until I get what I want from the high end world.

I have the illuminated version on my AI AW .308, and it's definitely good enough, particularly at the $999 intro price. I'm planning to put a higher-end scope with crisper knobs, clearer glass, and a reticle without the dorky diamonds on the rifle next year, but there's no rush. There's nothing that the SWFA does wrong, but laying out more long green will get a scope that does better.

—Andreas