• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns WI CCW just passed. Anyone know how I can become a

Re: WI CCW just passed. Anyone know how I can become a

Do we have to complete a class first? or only to get a permit recognized by other states?

I answered my own question, and a few others here.

I had previously heard it was to be constitutional carry but I see Walker changed that. I'd speculate not because he is against it, but because he wants the revenue from permit sales. I hope that doesn't catch on, I don't want to purchase permits for my other rights.

My personal favorite excerpt from the article:

Sen. Spencer Coggs (D-Milwaukee) voted against the bill.

"Under this bill you can bring a gun into a bar, a day care center, a public building and a domestic abuse center," he said. "That is not the kind of bill we need in the state of Wisconsin. <span style="font-weight: bold">With this bill we'll have more guns, not fewer guns</span>."

Apparently Coggs is under the impression the guns will commit crimes all on their own.

what a moron. Bill is for LAW ABIDING CITIZENS TO DEFEND THEMSELVES.

He makes it sound like once we're all carrying that the demons inside the guns will make us all into ragging KILLERS!

2vj9c8z.jpg

"People with permits from other states could carry concealed weapons in Wisconsin as long as they had gone through training and a background check."

Does this mean ANY state? If so that would be pretty nice. Only now Illinois!

One thing that gets often overlooked with Constitutional Carry is that it has limited reciprocity. By going with a permit based system setting up reciprocity with other states is much simpler.

I am glad to see this is finally going forward. Finally Wisconsin can leave Illinois as the only state restricting the rights of citizens to lawfully defend themselves .

JMC

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 300WSM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ccw class instructor? </div></div>

Check with your department of public safety. In Texas when you search CHL it takes you to DPS and once there you can find info on the CHL class and or becoming an instructor.

This leaves <span style="font-weight: bold">Illinois</span> as the <span style="font-weight: bold">LAST</span> outpost of hardcore leftist who are bent on keeping honest law-abiding citizens from protecting themselves.

Why be a instructor? All that is needed is a hunters safety class to get a permit which most people have. Call mid west shooters supply and ask for Mitch he's trained some instructors.

Don't sell the Wisconsin Constitution open carry short. With the passage of SB 93 the open carry has been strengthened and it includes open carry in a vehicle - must be visible. SB 93 also provides protection from harassment by police departments and officers through fines and legal prosecution.

Yay!

I'm down to boycotting Illinois now!

Not that my measly two weeks a year spent traveling will affect their tourism bottom line but it helps me sleep better at night knowing I'm doing what little I can to hit them in the pocketbook.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Icecreamman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"People with permits from other states could carry concealed weapons in Wisconsin as long as they had gone through training and a background check."

Does this mean ANY state? If so that would be pretty nice. Only now Illinois! </div></div>

MOST of the states that passed CCW laws in the last few years require reciprocity before they will recognize out-of-state permits. That hasn't been much of a problem, most of the states modeled their CCW statutes to some degree after Florida's, so most are similar in their provisions. Unless Wisconsin's statute provides for across-the-board recognition of other states' permits, WI legislators will probably have to approve reciprocity on a state-by-state basis. In NC, the Attorney General's Office reviews the statutes from other states, and if their state recognizes NC permits, the AG's office recommends approving reciprocity. Usually happens fairly quickly,but it is just like drivers licensing, license plates, etc.: We'll grant full faith and credit to your licenses if you do the same for ours.

Ref: becoming an instructor, I don't know about Wis. states are differant, like mentioned contact your DPS.

Wyoming requires CC Instructors to have attended ANY NRA instructor's course, which is kind of silly, it you have a dd-214 your covered, OR hunter safty card (5 bucks to attend the class), what's silly is there are people who charge close to $100 for a class. That pisses me off so I do it for free. I dont think one should have to pay to carry.

Anyway we have a constitutional carry law that goes into effect the 1st of July. We still have the permit system in case you want to carry in states that reconize Wyoming's permits, plus it gets you out of the hassle of the background check if you buy a gun.

Here is the most current copy I can find and I believe this is the final version that was passed. SB93

The section regarding reciprocity looks like any state that has a permit system or some type of background check before carrying is fine to carry in WI. Effective date <span style="text-decoration: line-through">10-01-11</span><span style="color: #CC0000"> 11-01-11 He is not signing it until after July 4th so the effective date is moving back a month. Applications for permits will start on September 1st and have to be given/denied in 45 days so you should be good to go by the 1st of November.</span>

This site has a section on instructor certification WIshooters might be helpful.

Bill Signing Ceremony: SB 93 - Concealed Carry Legislation

Friday, July 8, 2011
2:30pm

Grand Lodge – Wausau
805 Creske Avenue
Wausau, WI 54474
(715) 241-6300

And the contents of the bill on Wisconsin carry, Inc facebook page.

Link I'm not sure if this link will take you directly there. You may have to join the group (Wisconsin Carry, Inc). Obviously you have to have a FB account.

This may not be open to the public though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Austan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hoist and Celebrate! </div></div>

I'm off to Wausau as the Guv will be signing this at 2:30 today. Then a party at a local pub.

The fight for constitutional carry will continue though. I'm a bit pissed at Guv Walker though as he flip flopped on the issue.