• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Hunting & Fishing WI Gun Deer Season

K-tech

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 5, 2012
WI
What exactly is happening? Is the whole state rifle now or what? I have heard a lot of different bs flying around, will someone please enlighten me?

Have not heard for sure yet, just know deer hunting is not the same as it used to be. Between Winter kill this past year, wolves and bear the numbers are way down for the northern part of the state.

Ya i hear you there. I live in Green Lake Co. and there have even been sightings of wolves, bears, cougars and bobcats within a couple of miles of my house. Im not quite sure what to think.

Just checked cameras tonight and I had all of those on camera minus cougar. Have not had one of those on cam yet this year but they are around. 85 Wolves were killed in the first 6 days of Wolf Season that opened Oct 15th. The majority killed in Bayfield, Sawyer and Lincoln counties in the North, North-West part of WI. I put on about 5 miles last night after work scouting with a few inches of snow on the ground on state land in Vilas county, cut one set of deer tracks in 5 miles- I lost count of how many wolf tracks I saw.

Ya i hear you there. I live in Green Lake Co. and there have even been sightings of wolves, bears, cougars and bobcats within a couple of miles of my house. Im not quite sure what to think.

I live right on the border of fondulac and winnebago county and have not seen any wolves, bears, or cougars. Do you have some pictures of these sightings?

I live up in Douglas County, 20 miles out of Superior and, although I am out at the Academy in Annapolis MD right now, I am coming home for Thanksgiving leave and intend to get a couple days hunting in. We have an old shack built on some property in the middle of nowhere, and I am curious which we will see more of, deer or wolves. I accidentally called one in while coyote hunting this past spring, right on a cattle field so I know the farmers hate them as much as we do.

I personally have seen tracks and other evidence but I dont have any pics. People I know in the area that have the pics, not that that helps anyone here on the hide.