• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Wide / large diameter vertical pistol grip

jbell

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Jan 16, 2010
    Lewiston, ME
    I'm looking to put a wide AR vertical grip that will offset the firing hand a bit away from the rifle. I am much more of a conventional bolt gun with a stock guy so I don't know much about the latest and greatest. So I thought I would ask y'all while I search the web.

It's going on an XLR Element chassis for what that is worth.

Thanks in advance.

I recently switched grips on my ARs to MOE® K2-XL Grip. It’s a little more vertical and larger. I also did some slight fitting and have one on my xlr as well.

Reactions: jbell
    That MDT elite grip is pretty wide. Works on MPA. No experience on that chassis though.

I switched all mine to magpul k2+'s but then I found an ergo TDX-0 and I love how fat and straight up and down it is, so everything got switched again to those

The ergo tactical delux or whatever is very thick (if that’s what you mean by wide) made for gorilla hands

The MDT is so wide, it makes engaging the safety a pain in the ass. Easily the fattest grip