• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Wide open Trigger

Wonder if they'll be getting a " letter " from you know who.And what their response to letter will be.

So what’s the difference between this and the Rare Breed version?

Looks like maybe a steel vs aluminum housing…and $5 cheaper if you get the lifetime warranty. For whatever that’s worth…

Bought while legal. Will not install until I know it'll stay that way. Looking at you Rare Breed.

How is this different from the Franklin Armory binary trigget?

franklinarmory.com › binary-triggers › triggersBinary® Triggers - Triggers - Franklin Armory®

Binary® Triggers; Parts; Specials; Information Quick Links; Company; Sitemap; Follow Us. Franklin
A couple of things. The WOT and FRT both have a mechanism to force the trigger forward as the BCG goes into battery. But, if you hold the trigger down too tightly, you can over ride the reset and cause a dead trigger. On the binary trigger, the gun fires when you pull the trigger and when you release the trigger. You can also return the gun to a safe state with the trigger depressed if I am not mistaken- negating the second shot. The ATF ruled (or maybe it was a court) that the binary trigger was not a machine gun because each shot requires a deliberate action- pressing for the first shot then releasing the trigger for the second.

People that are fast enough can over run the binary trigger and cause a jam. This should not be an issue on the wot/frt, assuming the shooter has the right amount of press to activate the trigger and not cause the reset to fail.

Bought while legal. Will not install until I know it'll stay that way. Looking at you Rare Breed.
Everyone is looking at rare breed, stirring their toes in the dirt, giving side long glances at everyone else, and saying, “gee I hope someone does something to fight the atf.”

Reactions: XP1K
A couple of things. The WOT and FRT both have a mechanism to force the trigger forward as the BCG goes into battery. But, if you hold the trigger down too tightly, you can over ride the reset and cause a dead trigger. On the binary trigger, the gun fires when you pull the trigger and when you release the trigger. You can also return the gun to a safe state with the trigger depressed if I am not mistaken- negating the second shot. The ATF ruled (or maybe it was a court) that the binary trigger was not a machine gun because each shot requires a deliberate action- pressing for the first shot then releasing the trigger for the second.

People that are fast enough can over run the binary trigger and cause a jam. This should not be an issue on the wot/frt, assuming the shooter has the right amount of press to activate the trigger and not cause the reset to fail.
This.

Ive shot 'A friends' binary on an AR and its really ammo sensitive. The 62 grain green tips do well, no jams. The 55 grains tended to jam as you mentioned. Part of it is in getting the right buffer spring for the load youre shooting. Thats what my friend says anyway.

Reactions: AMGtuned
You could make the argument that the wot and rare breed are safety enhancements. They’ll only drop the hammer if it’s completely in battery.
I’m glad rare breed didn’t just roll over. Seems that way anyhow. I hope many more companies come out with these style triggers. Flood the market, make them common and overwhelm the aft legal dept.

Looks like a Honey Pot to me.

1A91311E-7A0A-4D52-B88F-C8C2E3265FB3.jpeg

I haven't heard of anyone taking up Texas AG to file case against ATF for made in Texas. So tempted.

I haven't heard of anyone taking up Texas AG to file case against ATF for made in Texas. So tempted.
Post a build video of your made in Texas, tax free suppressor on YouTube. I’m sure the ATF will be happy to grant your wish…

haha... you have to get Texas AG to defend the 'right' in court before you can build it.

Not today ATF!

P.S. WOT said their ATF approval is still pending.

Rare Breed seems to think that WOT and Big Daddy Unlimited have infringed on Rare Breed’s patent. The WOT seems like a cheap MIM part as well.

Rarebreed response to WOT and Graves:

Well there's something about putting toothpaste back into the tube.
My WOT will arrive Saturday.
Again, no intention of installing this until all legal issues are resolved but there's also something about beating the Xmas rush.

Rarebreed response to WOT and Graves:

It's sounds like.. from watching the statements and facts made there . That there will be a Cease and Desist sent, throwing this trigger into legal limbo stop production sales . Looong Before the BATF can MonkeyFuck it's production and sales .

The

The funny thing is Franklin will overrun in 556,762, 300BO, and 9mm. If you put on in a dedicated rimfire gun, it will run like a scalded monkey and I’ve never see it light strike a single round. I know the rimfire might be just a little more sensitive but damn it will run in one.

I'm not sure that matters... You can use it until it's ruled illegal.. then you have to destroy it... Just like the bump stock fiasco
No argument there, and you may very well be right. It's a gamble.
We'll see how it plays out.

The

The funny thing is Franklin will overrun in 556,762, 300BO, and 9mm. If you put on in a dedicated rimfire gun, it will run like a scalded monkey and I’ve never see it light strike a single round. I know the rimfire might be just a little more sensitive but damn it will run in one.
Youove got to match the buffer spring to the round youre shooting, then it seems to smooth out.

Reactions: roostercogburn98
“ I know a guy” who got one. PITA. One three shot burst and then nothing. Fails to reset every time. He changed the buffer, the spring, the mag, the ammo, nothing. He reached out to WOT support and they suggested remedies. Bottom line, they are sending the guy a new trigger. Hope it works out for him. Big thing is that the manufacturing specs seem to be lacking. Sloppy as hell in his LMT lower. I’ll keep you all posted if he gets it up and running and how the fix was made.

Reactions: NoDopes and Bender
Wonder if it being loose prevents it from running properly. It's odd there are no tensioning set screws and it relies solely on trigger pins with locking bars. Expecting to play with one Monday. Will be going in a Radian lower. If it fits sloppy and wobbles, not even going to shoot it. Just sending it back for a refund. No excuse for a trigger of that price.

“ I know a guy” who got one. PITA. One three shot burst and then nothing. Fails to reset every time. He changed the buffer, the spring, the mag, the ammo, nothing. He reached out to WOT support and they suggested remedies. Bottom line, they are sending the guy a new trigger. Hope it works out for him. Big thing is that the manufacturing specs seem to be lacking. Sloppy as hell in his LMT lower. I’ll keep you all posted if he gets it up and running and how the fix was made.
Got mine. Tried it in a DDM4V11, 16" 300BLK with a Sandman S. Bronze colored Cryptic Coating BCG, Stock buffer and spring.
Trigger cassette is loose and wobbles in the lower like suspected. I loaded 3 rounds in a mag and they went off no problem. Loaded two mags of 30 and proceeded to shoot. It bursted fine, but occasionally would not reset from letting off. It would also just stop running having not reset the trigger. I was making sure I was death griping the trigger either. The more I ran it, the worse things got. By the second mag, it was down to 2-4 round bursts, by the time I was getting to the end of the second mag, it was a single shot. In total I shot 100 rounds of 150gr Fiocchi. the last 30 of it was mostly single shot.
To add, the cassette that houses everything feels super cheap, almost chinesium. Save your money, do not buy. I am not even going to bother trying it in my Radian lower.

Cleaning it, packing it back up, and sending it back for a refund.
I feel if they used a more robust cassette with thicker walls that they could use set screws to tension the trigger against the pins, it would run better. Could this be resolved with shims at the bottom, most likely, but for $350 should not have to do that.

20210920_191550.jpg

20210920_191609.jpg

20210920_191634.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: camocorvette
It worked well enough to start, but why would it run worse the more I shoot? Was I expecting it to work, no. But it worked alright, then turned to a single shot. Seriously? Why bother trying it in anything else? I had planned to run it in my 5.56 SBR with Radian lower, I was just curious if, and how well it would run in 300BLK.

Looks like a T&E sample. Feels like shit pot metal build quality. I don't care what it is guaranteed for, or what super metal they claim it to be made of. Build quality is rough, and looks and feels like it was made in 1990's China. Zero excuse for the trigger housing to wobble. Why is the housing so thin, with no set screws? Triggertech and Rise Armament, two triggers I own, can apparently make that happen locking the trigger from wobbling on the pins.
I quoted @JM4590 because while my experience was longer, it was similar.

Reactions: JM4590
I had an opportunity to work with one today, one in an FN M4, and the other in the M16A4 configuration. I was very impressed (as were the staff and, onlookers). Compared to my BFSII equipped unit (which I fired next to it) It was closer to fully-semiautomatic and my only negative thought was, the fact that there is not an ability to select the modes; it is either celibacy or, raped ape, nothing in between.

Attachments

• 00C99BDC-C24E-4AA1-B220-9ED0B4E90FC7.jpeg
    00C99BDC-C24E-4AA1-B220-9ED0B4E90FC7.jpeg
    192.7 KB · Views: 379
Reactions: Bender
A buddy got one today and it ran through 150 rounds with only one hiccup, but that was with a known bad magazine. Lots of fun! Have to play with it more to see how to reliably get single shots off.

Ok, so today I installed a Rare Breed. Same shit! One three round burst then nothing. Single shot. This is with a LMT lower and a Yankee Hill 14” upper. Beginning to think this is all a bunch of internet hysteria, cause I can’t get my shit to run either I one of these POS.

@JM4590 , try an H3 buffer and see how it runs. Are you getting a light primer strike on the last chambered round before it locks up? There is a sweet spot for how much pressure the trigger finger needs to apply.

Reactions: ASKJesse
H3 buffer installed. Rifle will “run” now for most part. Still some failures to reset, but for the most part it will go. IMO the biggest thing is finesse on the trigger. Finger down low on trigger = no successive shots. Finger up high on trigger = ability to rapidly fire next shot. Will keep working with it. Better than WOT IMO. YMMV

It's always been a gimmick, but welcome to the club a year later

I did some shooting with the Tac-Con 3MR trigger a few years back. It was fun enough. I liked that it was paired with it's own safety so the third mode was the forced reset. The regular mode mas a pretty clean break / fast reset was fun enough itself to shoot. Similar to a 3 gun trigger from Geissele (SD-3G) or the Rise Armament 535 (two favorites)

I played with the rare breed when it was released, flaws were obvious, sold it for $200 more than I paid for it, went back to my trusty Geiselle.

It's a neat concept but needs refining. Needs to be a select fire option, IE safe / semi / forced reset

They need to find a way to make it more reliable. If you pin the trigger you can induce a stoppage with a live round in the chamber but a trigger that has failed to reset.

Do that and I'd pay double tomorrow.

Reactions: loveha and JM4590