• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

widest possible boots (at the toe area)

Dsparil

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 11, 2006
Albrightsville, PA
what are the widest possible boots available in black? I currently have "original swat" for my police academy and these things are so closed in they're giving me blisters.

Re: widest possible boots (at the toe area)

good pick there Andrew, would you let someone get away wearing those at your police academy???
laugh.gif

I wear 11 6E. I also have the Original SWAT boot. After a long day, I could use more toe room. As far as tactical style, I'm going to try Converse and Lowa. I have a army store here which carries a great selection in boot brands. Wolverine Durashocks in wide are okay. I had to go to Russel Moccasin shoe company and have them custom fit a pair. They cost about $300 but are the only boots I have ever loved. New Balance 6E are a great fit but just come in athletic style. Also check out Hitchcock Wide shoes.com

I wear the Orginal swats and after a little time when they "broke in" and got the crease where my toes meet my foot they seemed to be wide enough but then again i dont have very wide feet. Might check out the Oakley boots

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Victor N TN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My BATES I bought last winter are a 10EEE </div></div>

Victor, do you find them "roomy" in the EEE? I have a pair of "EW" or 'extra-wide' Durashocks and they are still a bit too narrow for me. I have serious arthritis in my feet, and shoe/boot width is a matter of basically being able to walk or not for me!!

In particular I would look at the Danner Telson. I have pretty wide feet (2e or 4e depending on the brand) and they give me plenty of room.