• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Widowed-- P MAGS worth it ?

WK&U

Private
Minuteman
Feb 18, 2005
I wanted know if any here use the P-mags with the windows are they worth the extra $$.Just looks like the area that is clear will just scratch up fast.

Re: Widowed-- P MAGS worth it ?

I have them and used them for a few years now but I dont think I have ever look down at the window to see the number of rounds in the mag.

The only reason I use them is the regular pmag will not function well in my SCAR 16. Get the non-windowed version.

The window version in my opinion aren't worth the extra money. Get the standard and you'll be fine.

Right, because it <span style="font-weight: bold">NEVER</span> helps to know exactly how many rounds are left in a magazine...

I have/use both and prefer the windowed mags. If I'm doing tac reloads and run out of mags, it's nice to be able to pull a mag out of my dump pouch and see how many rounds are left in it. But...that's me. Look at how you use your weapon and see if the dollars are worth it to YOU.

Thanks I SEE there not worth the $$

I run nothing but the windowed Pmags, do I REALLY need them? Probably not, but I like having them. All a matter of what you want. To me they're worth it.

window pmags... used them until my rat ass buddies raided my shit... back to G.I. at least my new ones have the yellow follower.

Depends on the price you find them for. I found a table at an Oklahoma gun show this last summer selling them for $13 so I picked up 6. For the price I am dang happy, and it is handy to glance down and see how many rounds are left.

After spending thousands on a gun and optics etc. a couple extra buck for a better mag isn't going to kill you. Yes I think they are worth it. Especially for the mags you use all the time. If you're just buying mags to hoard then it probably isn't necessary for those.

There are some folks that suggest they have issues with windowed versions, but standards run fine in their guns. Buy one and try it. See how it does. If it runs fine, knock yourself out. I think I have about ten windowed and the rest are standards. Rarely do I ever look down at the window on my windowed mags. I usually wait for sales and buy the non-windowed when you can get them for $10 ea.

Maybe, sure look nice. People have said they don't function properly, but all of mine have. I was able to pick up new in package from some guy on GB that was out of NC that was selling the tan ones for new $10 and used $8. I bought 15 and have worked just fine for me. The picture shows them in some huge crate that got shipped back from Iraq or Afghanistan. So for $10 are they worth it, I take that deal all day long. Who cares what color they are.

I don't think so... like everyone else.

You can probably survive without them, but I like the windows. I like knowing how many rounds without guessing on the weight or attempting to look down the top. If you think you have need to know the rounds then the extra is easily justified. If you think you may be using different ammo, you may want to pick up some different colors to help you differentiate between the different ammo.

They are more likely not to drop free for speed reloads - big negative. Tried the sanding job recommended on other forums, and it didn't work. I like metal mags because they almost always drop free.