• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Wiebad mini stock pad?

Conrad

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 28, 2006
    TX
    What type of material is on the top of the wiebad mini stock pad? Is it a fabric or more of a urethrane, or maybe suede? Pretty comfy?

How much height does it add? 1/8”, 1/4”?

Thanks.

More of a suede feel. They are very comfy and don't make the cheek piece too cumbersome. I have them on all of my bolt guns. They are also great for shooting left or right handed as there is no pouch or loops on the side to get in the way. With an adjustable like the manners with kmw loggerhead you can keep it on and still raise or lower the cheek piece. Probably closer to 1/8"

Maelstrom provided an excellent description. I’ve found the hard composite AICS cheekpiece can be uncomfortable a hot summer day. The mini stock pad allows a nice, more comfortable cheek weld.

That’s good feedback. I actually need this for an adjustable cheek piece that has very little room underneath. I noticed some of the stock pads look to have straps, but are some simply adhesive, for instance the model for the magpul AR stock?

Thanks!

They have straps but they go under the adjustable cheek piece and can be trimmed so that they don't stick out the side. I have 3 different generation stock pads including the original prototype pad.

Love the pad. Have one on a couple of my rifles. Super comfortable. As far as the strap, the pad has some serious Velcro in addition to the strap. I have one that I adapted to a different gun by cutting the strap off and just using the Velcro. Still super solid.

+1 for all of the above discussion. The only comments I would add is that, even though black, the suede texture surface does not seem to get too hot in the summer. Also the Velcro straps keep the cheek piece from going all the way down by about 1/8 inch. Both of my rifles that have the pad on them are built with Masterclass hardware.

I would also like to get a cheek pad for my AIAT. The other one I have been looking at is the Victor Grippy Cheekrest. They are both the same price. Anyone have any experience with the Grippy Cheekrest ?

I would also like to get a cheek pad for my AIAT. The other one I have been looking at is the Victor Grippy Cheekrest. They are both the same price. Anyone have any experience with the Grippy Cheekrest ?

I have, and have used the Victor Company Grippy Cbeekrest. Like everything else I've purchased from Victor Company, it's a good product. It really does have a grippy feel and helps "lock" your cheek to the stock. It is, however a hard rubber plastic with little "give". I just found that the soft Weibad stock pad was more comfortable for me.

As the saying goes; YMMV.

I just took delivery of a Weibad stock pad and I must say it's very nice like all of their products. I have it attached to a Manner's T6A.