• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Wife’s Birthday

Dead Eye Dick

Command Spec 4 (formally known as Wiillk)
Supporter
Minuteman
May 18, 2020
North Louisiana
Actually her birthday is this coming Saturday. However, this is what she asked for and what she got. It arrived early and we are already putting it to good use.

Backstory. Brenda loves shooting her handguns. Her latest love is a Ruger SP101 in .327. She is well enamored with my Single Six in .32 H&R Magnum. I’ve been loading the H&R for several years after I found a nice Single Six for sale. She picked up on it and last year, our son found her an SP101 In the 327.

Second Chapter. I have been making and using cast bullets in our handguns since the middle 1970’s. My current RCBS Lubrisizer had a major malfunction, (the threads on the housing for the die lock ring stripped out.). I was very careful, to engage the final bit of threading for several years now, but in October, those last few threads stripped out as well. Called RCBS, nothing they can do and it’s toast. So, no more cast bullets. Since I have never even purchased jacketed bullets for some of our revolvers, I simply hand none in stock, but Sierra had 90 grain JHP in stock, so that kept her shooting, but still

So, she wanted her cast bullets. So, we ordered a new lubrisizer. It’s here, it’s installed and set up and lubing and sizing bullets.

Be jealous fellows, Married 50 years to a wife that loves to shoot.

IMG_1182.jpeg
IMG_0639.jpeg

I thought this was going to be something like the bowling ball Homer got Marge on the Simpsons... with "Homer" engraved on it :)

Will,
I know that feeling. Has she asked for His and Hers Dillon presses? Or at least matching Rock Chuckers?

Having a spouse that enjoys your hobbies too is PRICELESS!
Actually, since I no longer shoot handgun silhouette, I rarely if ever load anything on our small primer Dillion 550. I am doing all my precision rifle loading on Redding Boss and the Lyman Orange Crush, so, I suppose, yes, she has her Dillion 550. All but one two of her handguns, 3 - 357’s, the .327, MY Ruger Single Six and GOD and our son only know how many 9mm Semi’s she owns, use small primers, her one two exceptions are a Ruger Flat Top in 45 Colt/ 45 ACP and the Ruger Super Blackhawk in 44 Magnum that I traded her for several years ago. We had it nickeled and it’s a looker. Yep, she shoots that too. Girl is a miracle.

• Love
Reactions: Modoc
Actually, since I no longer shoot handgun silhouette, I rarely if ever load anything on our small primer Dillion 550. I am doing all my precision rifle loading on Redding Boss and the Lyman Orange Crush, so, I suppose, yes, she has her Dillion 550. All but one two of her handguns, 3 - 357’s, the .327, MY Ruger Single Six and GOD and our son only know how many 9mm Semi’s she owns, use small primers, her one two exceptions are a Ruger Flat Top in 45 Colt/ 45 ACP and the Ruger Super Blackhawk in 44 Magnum that I traded her for several years ago. We had it nickeled and it’s a looker. Yep, she shoots that too. Girl is a miracle.
Right now our 550’s are both set up as small primer to handle CAS volumes. 🤷🏼 I’m doing all of our hunting/ CF Rifle on an RCBS Jr-3 with a Uniflow and scale/trickler combo. I really appreciate her assistance loading, even though trouble shooting and maintenance have become my job.

Reactions: Dead Eye Dick